It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hey from East Texas :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

Hey from East Texas :) Empty
PostSubject: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

I forgot to do this when I first joined up a couple days ago! Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. I got my first husky by chance and even though it's definitely been a trying experience, I'd NEVER give him up for anything! That's why I decided to add Xiah to the mix and I got her yesterday Smile She is the BEST puppy! Already potty trained and sounds like the gremlin from the movie gremlin's singing when she howls.

Hey from East Texas :) 2eyytyq
Diesel just a couple weeks ago. He got chosen for a pet casting call for some stock and advertising photos!

Hey from East Texas :) 2db41v5
Xiah last night. She is so precious.

I also LOVE this website. My fiance has been complaining I've been spending too many hours reading the forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Thought I'd mention that Diesel was never off leash, even in that picture. They edited it out. Did an excellent job I think!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Welcome! Both of your dogs are beautiful! Smile I didn't realize you were from Texas. Where in East Texas are you located?????? I'm in Southeast TX Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks! Diesel seems to be a rock star everywhere he goes, and I'm sure Xiah will be no exception. He was trying to teach her how to play today, it was adorable. Also - always been in Texas, 95% of my life! I hate it here I want to move somewhere with snow when I graduate from college Smile Heat is not my deal! (maybe that's why I relate with the huskies!) I live in Rusk, about an hour south of Tyler - way out in the middle of NOwhere.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 pm

I know where Tyler is, but I don't think I've heard of Rusk. Nice area though. I like the heat, but I also like the cold of the winter. And I definitely want snow!!!

I live near Beaumont, TX.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh okay I know where that is. I've been all over Texas. When I was real little I lived in Carrollton (dallas area) then I moved up to Denton, and then to Canton (first monday trade days town) and spent almost all of my teen life there. I like living down here for the most part, it's quiet. Not crowded.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm

I've been there as well. Not often and I've only been to Canton once. But yes. I have a friend that lives in Nacogdoches, TX and it was a nice old town that was pretty quiet.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm thinking of going to SFA when I transfer to the University after this next year (graduate with my Associates in a couple months yay!) it's in Nac.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Xiah is a real cutie..

Diesel a a charmer I would bet..

I know Blaze is he get treats at fast food drive thru with out me asking for any.

At starbucks drive thru they give him whip cream in a cup..

It is funny how these dogs get all of the looks when you drive down the road.

Blaze goes alot of places with me and my hubby.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

yeah, I wanted to go there as well but decided to stay close to home. It's a very nice school, I spent a weekend there with my friend. The dorms are extremely small though...
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

I live with my fiance's family (it's me and him, his two siblings 13 and 11, his grandma, and his mom and dad all on one property 2 houses. its crowded lol). So dorm issues aren't really a big deal. I'm just ready to get done! It's a big thought that I might apply to vet school after I get my bachelors (I'm a bio major). If I don't I want to be a high school biology teacher that helps to educate about huskies along with opening my own rescue.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:47 pm

That's exactly what I was going for as well. Then work and school didn't work out too well..working full time and taking 16 hours at school..I was exhausting myself and was running ragged. so now I'm going for my associates to be a vet tech.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

My fiance is attempting to join the military. Today was his first day on the job at Wal-mart. It's pretty much his first job (the last one he had lasted two weeks, it was a customer service job for Redbox DVD, and he broke his hand and couldn't type for 5 weeks, so he quit for obvious reasons) so I have the luxury of not having to have a job. I couldn't do it, I'm taking 18 hours this semester and I can usually HARDLY handle 12. And now I have Xiah too. I think I've lost it.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Also this is a dumb question probably, but how do you edit your avatar and signature?
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:55 pm

ljelgin wrote:

Diesel a a charmer I would bet..

He is a big ham, you have no idea (or maybe you do) he is a very happy dog at all times. His bouncy personality can't help but put you in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:06 pm

I a new here also but if you edit your profile you should be about to add an avator picture and signature. There is some helps.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I was missing the links up at the top Smile Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm

I see you got them to work.,, yea!!!!

Diesel is about the same age is Blaze..

How much does he weight??

Blaze is on the smaller size I think he weights only about 49 pounds.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:20 pm

just curious, but going by the timeline at the bottom of your signature...is Xiah really 5 weeks old?? Why did you bring her home so early?
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Diesel is around 45lbs. He's picky (big surprise) but not with what kind of food, just with how much he eats, so I imagine he'll range from 45-48. His weight majorly fluctuates now that he's balancing his weight better. Xiah's mom is the same size as Diesel, and apparently daddy was even smaller than mom, so I imagine she won't be very big either. She's only 6.4lbs right now.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, she was the last one left. All of her sibling's were gone. The breeder was planning on keeping them until 8 weeks (or so I thought) but ended up starting a new job and they were all eating dry kibble, so she let them go. I figured there was no point in making her stay for the bite inhibition if all of her siblings were gone. She's doing really excellent, already potty trained completely and has been eating fine. I know it will take some more work, but I also feel confident Diesel will give me a hand in lying down the rules.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Welcome to the forum! wave Diesel and Xiah are very cute!

But the breeder let you bring Xiah how at 5 weeks??
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 pm

oh, well i'm not bashing you but IMO a "breeder" takes the responsibility of breeding their dogs and part of being a responsible breeder is keeping the pups till at least 8 weeks so they can learn very vital skills. Scary to think that she was the last one left at just 5 weeks old...makes me wonder how early the siblings went home.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Welcome to the forum! wave Diesel and Xiah are very cute!

But the breeder let you bring Xiah how at 5 weeks??

Yeah, yeah I know :C I feel like a bad person. What do you do when you've already paid for the little baby though? I know her mom and dad were both checked on hips and eyes, I was rather irate when I had to come pick her up yesterday though. She's asleep against my leg right now.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:27 pm

The other's went home the day before, and the day before that as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey from East Texas :)   Hey from East Texas :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey from East Texas :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next