It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MEEKA1216
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-02-18

food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? Empty
PostSubject: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi everyone I was wondering if Eukanuba is a good brand to feed a husky puppy its what they told me they were feeding her when I got her so I didnt want to switch it right away but ive noticed a she was doing real good with her poop in the begining now it has seemed to be kind of runny. I know Im not feeding her two much or two little . I did just got her one of those slow feeding dishes so she doesn't scarf her food down in 10 seconds I'm hoping that makes a difference it took 5 minutes to eat her breakfast today plus i think she get exercise trying to get her kibble but I didnt see her poo as she went beforeshe ate in the morning and I had to go to work . I was hoping I can get some suggesting on how much to feed her at 10 weeks it says a 1 3/4 cups or if there a better brand i should try switching over to?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Personally I don't like that brand... too many fillers, questionable quality, and overpriced for what it is. Companies hat I have fed and would recommend more-so than Eukanuba would be: wellness, taste of the wild, blue wilderness, and Orijen just to name a few. They all have puppy formulas.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
kmorr2586
Newborn
Newborn
kmorr2586

Male Join date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:34 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Personally I don't like that brand... too many fillers, questionable quality, and overpriced for what it is. Companies hat I have fed and would recommend more-so than Eukanuba would be: wellness, taste of the wild, blue wilderness, and Orijen just to name a few. They all have puppy formulas.

Couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
MEEKA1216
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Ok thanks for the tips i just wish i wasn't an idiot and bought the big bag to save money lol. I was also looking at that royal canine is that any good I saw it brought up on the forums in a couple of threads?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Also overpriced, ingredients are of same quality as eukanuba. It's a "veterinary" diet but that doesn't mean squat unfortunately.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
kmorr2586
Newborn
Newborn
kmorr2586

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Orijen Puppy Large INGREDIENTS
Fresh boneless chicken*, chicken meal, fresh boneless salmon*, turkey meal, herring meal, russet potato, sweet potato, peas, fresh boneless turkey*, chicken fat, (preserved with mixed tocopherols), fresh whole eggs*, fresh chicken liver*, fresh boneless lake whitefish* fresh boneless walleye*, sun-cured alfalfa, pea fiber, fresh boneless herring*, organic kelp, pumpkin, chicory root, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, blueberries, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium. *

Medium Starter Royal Canin Ingredients
Chicken meal, brewers rice, chicken fat, wheat gluten, corn, dried beet pulp, natural flavors, fish oil, sodium silico aluminate, vegetable oil, potassium phosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, L-lysine, fructooligosaccharides, hydrolyzed yeast, potassium chloride, choline chloride, butyrate, taurine, L-tyrosine, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, niacin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin supplement (vitamin B2), folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], trace minerals (zinc proteinate, zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), L-carnitine, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), betacarotene, rosemary extract, preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and citric acid.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Don't feel bad - just buy a bag of better food and mix it into this one, or donate your open bag to a local shelter! Smile We had to do that with Solid Gold, we bought the big bag when we got Chili since the rescue feeds that but he couldn't tolerate the wheat and had diarrhea the whole time we fed him that.
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 pm

If you want a good in depth analysis of dog foods please go to this website. It helped me a lot when picking the right food for Luna.

Spent a few days wandering this site.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/
The place where I bought Luna were feeding her Royal Canine and I immediately took her off of it. I went straight to the 5-star food and put Luna on Orijen Puppy Large. I spent about $43 for a 15lb bag and that usually lasts her a month. I feed her a cup in the morning at around 7-8am and then she gets another cup at around 5-6pm. So a total of 2 cups per day. She is now currently on her first bag of Orijen 6-Fish but I'm going to switch it up every month going to Orijen Regional Red to Orijen Adult. I like my baby to have a variety. I know I wouldn't like eating the same thing everyday haha.
Back to top Go down
MEEKA1216
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks everyone I think im gonna pick up the Orijen Puppy Large this weekend when I get paid sooner if the slow eating dish doesnt help her diarrhea.
@Arto That site had some good info they didn't give Eukanuba a terrible review either but i would rather the best
Back to top Go down
kmorr2586
Newborn
Newborn
kmorr2586

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:57 pm

I think you made a great choice!
Back to top Go down
silvertoast
Newborn
Newborn
silvertoast

Male Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm

we started out feeding layla the eakanuba(spelling) she liked it at first but then got to were she would put off eatin till she had to. we switched her to blue buffalo and she loves it. her coat even started to look better after about a week. im sure the other brands listed above are probly even better, but for the cost and availability blue buffalo was a win for us.
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 pm

MEEKA1216 wrote:
Thanks everyone I think im gonna pick up the Orijen Puppy Large this weekend when I get paid sooner if the slow eating dish doesnt help her diarrhea.
@Arto That site had some good info they didn't give Eukanuba a terrible review either but i would rather the best

The best is the best right? haha!

Going to pick up Orijen Regional Red this weekend for Luna. She's gonna have a field day every month with new flavors!
Back to top Go down
MEEKA1216
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 pm

I ended up getting blu buffalo they didnt have orregin when i wen i called where i got her and they gave me medicine for the diareaha and told me to not feed her to much the next two days so im gonna se how that goes before i switch her food
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I used to work for a feed store and Eukanuba came out to "teach us" about the brand and its okay if you want to plump you guy up it does have a lot of fillers, How ever its not as bad as say OL' Roy and ya you do pay for the name not the ingredients, i feed Diamond lamb and rice
and its working great for river he only poops 1 a day and if you get a food high in fillers they will be pooping alot more. but thier are a ton of good brands out there for a good price
i would love to feed totw but realisticaly i cant afford paying 50 buck a bag. I spent 23.99 for a 40lb bag of diamond and like i said it works good for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?   food - Is Eukanuba good puppy food ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Eukanuba good puppy food ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1