It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) Empty
PostSubject: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

Long story short, while we were in GA Kody snuck into my mother in laws bedroom and ate one of her little dogs toys. She said that he took out the stuffing and swallowed the toy before she could get it away from him. Not the first time he's eaten a toy so I didn't worry too much. Well, last night he threw up a small piece and then threw up his food. He was acting off too. At 145am he threw up food with a big piece of toy. Couldn't believe it was that big. I was relieved thinking he had let it out. Since then he's been throwing up (or trying to) on the hour. He pooped normal when I let him out, but didn't stop eating grass. His stomach is growling he's hungry so I tried giving him chick broth and he wasn't having it. He might drink some water here and there, but that's it. I tried to give him a tiny bit of kibble and he won't eat that either.

My vet doesn't open till 8am and it's 723am.

I'm so worried about him. I can't stop crying and this damn clock doesn't move! Sad

Last edited by MelissaI on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 am

oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Sad I know this feeling oh too well ... everything will be just fine! try and stay calm, because that might upset Kody knowing something is wrong with you.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out ok and nothing is in there! They'll probably give him some fluids for all the throwing up and he'll feel much better! Smile Probably will take some x-rays too (just to be on the safe side) and if something is in there still, hopefully it will show up. Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 am

Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious and that he feels better quickly. Good luck at the vet!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 am

Kelly, I've been thinking about you and Hayden all night. This really sucks!!! Thing is that I think it could be the squeaker too because he threw up the body of the toy and last night was looked like a piece of the head. Unless the squeaker was still inside the body, but doubt it. He always takes that out first.

Hubby just tried giving him chicken broth and he drank some of it. So I tired giving him about 1/4 cup kibble and he ate that too. He's asking for more, but I'm not giving him any. I hope the vet takes us first thing this morning.

Thanks Meredith. My poor boy Sad
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 am

Poor baby.

I will be thinking about you guys this morning hoping everything turns our okay.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks. We are waiting to be seen now. Will keep you posted. He is acting much better though
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am

If he keeps it down that's a good sign. When Hayden was sick he couldn't keep anything down! The kibble might be too harsh on his tummy at this point, the vet told us to try the bland diet of plain rice and boiled chicken breast. That may set better on his tummy. Keep us all posted on the outcome and I'll pray that it isn't serious.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 am

My pup had a blockage a couple months ago and it was freaking me out. I was holding back tears all the way to the emergency room because I knew there was no way I could afford surgery if it was what I thought it was (my friend had just put down his dog because it had its second blockage this year and they hadn't recovered from the initial $2000 blow to the wallet). Fortunately, the item had lodged at the entrance to the stomach (which was why he was throwing up food and no bile), and the lack of food in his stomach caused the acid to irritate it to the point he threw up violently enough to dislodge and jettison the small bone piece that was in there.
The first time he pooped the next day, I was so happy that I dropped down and gave him the largest hug I've ever given anything in my life. I'm sure he was so confused, but maybe it explains why he insists on staring at me when he poops now.

Hoping my story inspires some hope. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am

I'm sorry Melissa! I hope he is ok!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks guys. We just got back from the vet. They gave him an IV with antibiotics to hydrate him and another shot of antibiotics to help sooth his stomach. Vet says that there’s most likely still something in there since he was throwing up after he threw up the actual toy. That it's most likely cotton or the squeaker. They didn't do an x-ray because the plastic and cotton don't show up. He said that as long as whatever it is is flowing and not stuck that he should poop it out within the next few days. If at any point he stops pooping and is throwing up we need to take him back immediately. He gave us some high fiber food to help him poop more. Which sucks because Kody has a very sensitive tummy so that means he'll have the runs for a few days. If he doesn't poop it, then he’ll need surgery. Hopefully that’s not the case.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Getting his IV put on Sad

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) KodyIV
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Aww- poor Kody! Sorry you went through this Melissa! But you're a great and attentive mom... I'm sure he's going to be fine!

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh poor baby..

I sure hope everything comes out okay lol!

give Kody a hug.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Glad your back home with Kody now, did you take the day off from work to watch him? i sure all passes well and he is feeling better in no time!

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Hope Kody's OK.
I just picked up Bodhi's squeek toy.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 pm

ljelgin wrote:
Oh poor baby..

I sure hope everything comes out okay lol!

give Kody a hug.

lol! I said that once without even realizing it. Haha!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Goodness! Hope everything passes smoothly and he's okay soon!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Jenn, I'm working from home. I feel horrible since I was out for a few days, but stuff happens unfortunately. I'm falling asleep. I'm exhausted.

He seems to be feeling better. Hope it stays that way!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Get well soon Kody! Hope whatever it is in there passes safely within the next day or two Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

He just pooped and I think he pooped out the head of the toy. Or at least a piece of it!!! Yay!!! Now, the thing is if there's anything else in there. I hope not!!!!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh my goodness! just catching up on this! Poor Kodster! I hope everything is uphill from here; sounds like he is doing much better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:50 pm

The poop is great news!! We had a scare like this and made Chili eat pumpkin mixed with olive oil to lubricate it. Thankfully he pooped it out. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:05 pm

oh good!! I'm so glad he pooped it out! Hopefully there's nothing else in there. I've been thinking about you and Kody all day and praying everything went smoothly Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

again, everyone out side of husky world would laugh at us for how excited we get over POOP lol!

glad things are moving....

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Somebody feels better! Please forgive my husband in the background. He's playing MWF3 and he's loud and uses very foul language. This is why I have my headphones on most of the time Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)   So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :) Empty

Back to top Go down

So worried about Kody, I think he has a blockage :( - Updated-He's doing better-Video proof :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next