It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk Empty
PostSubject: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I am LIVID Evil or Very Mad so ken was not working today so he helped me out and was walking the dogs and feeding them today so i could get to work on time. he left the house as i got in the shower and i was drying off when he came in the house screaming to call animal control and that Jack got attacked. i went into mom mode and was about to go kick some ass! i ran down to check on Jack who has a scratch on his lower lip as well as a small mark on his neck and is wet from the sober down his back from the female St. Barnard down the street who jumped the fence ONCE AGAIN and came after ken and the dogs. Sierra was untouched. i was not there but im not sure how Ken handled the attack, he did say he had to kick the dog off of Jack. i got in the car to get the address so i could call AC and the dog was out front with 2 cars parked at the house. i just turned around and wen home, i was temped to go knock on the door but did not want the dog to go after me. i called AC and they wanted to know if i wanted to take them to court, i would but i have no idea how that plays out, if i accuse the dog of attacking (it did) do they put the dog down? i would hate for her to be put down because the owners suck.... i have a yr to press charges if i want to. the lady informed me that they have picked up the dog in the past and have done yard inspections that the owners have failed. they were going to drive out and see if they could pick the dog up for impound and to talk to the owners yet again. i am just pisses as this is the 3rd or 4th time we have had issues with the St. and her getting out and coming after us, or we have spotted her just wondering around the block.
i of course ended up being late to work over all this and im still all fired up about it, i just don't know how the system works if we do take them to court, i don't want them coming after us or harming our dogs as they do know where we live...
F'n damn lose dogs!!!!

Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

that's awful Sad i highly doubt their dog will be put down if you press charges because he didn't attack a human, if AC has warned them before and has failed their yard inspection to properly keep their dog in their yard i'm guessing they would probably take their dog away until the yard is renovated so that it can properly withhold the st. bernard. that would leave the owner with the decision to either spend the money to fix the yard, keep the dog indoors or if it's outdoors under their supervision, or just get rid of it all together. i would wait until tomorrow just to cool down, i can understand how upset you are if that happened to my rocky i would be just as livid as you! research as much as you can about it today and i would probably go talk to the neighbors and let them know what happened, especially if you're worried about them harming you or your family and if they seem to not care then go ahead and speak to someone about the procedure for pressing charges because you never know what would happen next time. your husband was there to kick him off but if it were you walking them you might have not been so lucky you know?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I could bring Coco over and "go for a walk"... Twisted Evil

This happens to us once or twice a year. I take possession of the animal, call non emergency police and inform them of the situation and that I need animal control to come take the dog immediately. I haven't dealt directly with owners yet, but I would do the same thing even if they were present. Not cool.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Awww Jenn I'm so sorry that happened! I would be pissed off too. We've had a couple of loose huskies find their way to our house, but luckily no issues arose from it. I agree with Judy in taking today to cool off a bit and research your courses of action.

OR we could all (H2M2-CO) bring our pups and go for a walk...how would the St. Bernard feel about 30 huskies... Cool
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

i Keep wondering if if this would have happen with me walking them this morning, I wonder if she would have even gotten close enough to Jack to begin with....
Ken im just not sure if he really knows how to handle this because it is the first time it happened with him walking the dogs, i don't think he got himself positioned right, i have the whole move down and so does S&J when i walk them, boot ready to swing. the offending dog has no collar on. i have wrapped a leash around its neck and have taken it back to the owners in the past, im sure the "oldies" here remember me telling a few stores about this St. Barnard.
i might take that into consideration next time Eddy, taking the offending dog, but your much bigger then me and more frighting. i hope they did pick her up and they will have to pay the fine to get her out.
Oh and i would love to have Coco do her thing!

The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Quote :
i went into mom mode and was about to go kick some ass!

Great line.

I would lose my s**t too. I hope everything turns out alright with Jack. I don't know what I would do in terms of calling in AC, but it does indeed sound tempting.

Some people just shouldn't own dogs..... I get so Irked when I read things like this that can be prevent with such a minute amount of care/accountability on the owners part.

Best of luck Jennifer!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Totally understand how PO'ed you are.
I've gone ballistic when dogs attack Bodhi.

It's always the SAME owners who walk their uncontrolled dogs off leash.
I just wish I was kicking them in the head instead of the dogs.

Got some Halt! for a more humane response, but I don't bring it all the time.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 pm

I sure hope everything works out for you and S & J.

I guess I have been Lucky Blaze has not be attach.

A loose Chi was teasing him one morning when we were walking would not leave us alone we would turn and go another way he followed us.

Give Jack a Hug from us hoping he is okay.

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Evil or Very Mad I would be so freaking pissed off!!!! Stupid dog owners! Thank goodness that Sierra didn't get into it too. How in the world would have Ken separated them all without letting go of the leashes?! Shocked That's something that always scares me. If we were to get attacked by a loose dog I have no idea how a) I would protect my dogs when Mya will be charging at the dog and Kody wanting to play (lol) and b) how I would get the dog away from them! Really freaks me out.

I hope Jack is OK. Poor boy Sad

I would totally go knock on the owners door and give them a piece of my mind!!! I lose it on a lady about a year ago when her chow chow was loose and would prevent me from walking the dogs b/c the dog was always in front of my house!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Glad Jack is ok! We get this all the time in our neighborhood so I carry both mace and citronella animal spray. Used the citronella twice on small yappy dogs charging at us repeatedly. I've also called Animal Control to report it - got them on speed dial now! One repeat offending neighbor got called into AC "court" because he wouldn't listen and secure his dogs. They forced him to upgrade his fence, but the dogs still got out and he ended up abandoning them at the shelter. Some people are just not meant to have dogs...
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

harrise wrote:
I could bring Coco over and "go for a walk"... Twisted Evil

This happens to us once or twice a year. I take possession of the animal, call non emergency police and inform them of the situation and that I need animal control to come take the dog immediately. I haven't dealt directly with owners yet, but I would do the same thing even if they were present. Not cool.

lol, you can't just take someones dog....

OT: Sorry to hear what happened, its a shame that dogs with that sort of history are not more closely supervised :/
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Erinc wrote:
lol, you can't just take someones dog...

I can, do and will. I'm not stealing it, that's why I call the cops instantly. If the freakin idiot owners can't control their aggressive dog, there leaves one other option. Me.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:09 pm

harrise wrote:
Erinc wrote:
lol, you can't just take someones dog...

I can, do and will. I'm not stealing it, that's why I call the cops instantly. If the freakin idiot owners can't control their aggressive dog, there leaves one other option. Me.

Even if the owners aren't responsible enough or don't have the common sense required to keep their pet under control, it still doesn't give you the right to take their pet away from them, ESPECIALLY if the owners are present!!

Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:16 pm

he has every right. the dog is at large once it is out of the fence and roaming free. its not like hes stealing it out of their fenced yard or off of its tie out. its LOOSE. if they were outside during the time i could understand where you're coming from. but from what i read in this instance they were ignorant to the fact their dog was running loose.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

snrose wrote:
he has every right. the dog is at large once it is out of the fence and roaming free. its not like hes stealing it out of their fenced yard or off of its tie out. its LOOSE. if they were outside during the time i could understand where you're coming from. but from what i read in this instance they were ignorant to the fact their dog was running loose.

I would probably leash a loose dog as well but if the owners are present then you're just asking for trouble by trying to take it away from them. I guess everyone sees things differently but I wouldn't let someone take Luka away while I was present so thats where my thinkings coming from...

I'm not saying the owners of the Bernard are in the right, not at all! They sound extremely irresponsible and unable to contain their animal, but its still their animal, two wrongs don't make a right.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 am

Basic utility. By wronging the dog's owners, you've done a service to everyone else. If they do not have the ability to do their duty as the owners, they do not have the right to complain when the community steps in. This is like saying "Just because they never control their kid and the kid randomly beats up other kids, you can't notify CPS." Either take responsibility or step aside while somebody else does. Nobody should have to allow a neighbor's lackluster behaviors to endanger them or their families/pets.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Erinc wrote:
I guess everyone sees things differently
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Erinc wrote:
Erinc wrote:

this is true, and thats why were all open here.

Erinc, if you were ever in a event like this where Luka was being attacked by another dog with no owner or owner in site im sure your mind might change. we had an event where a GSD ran across the street after us and the owner just looked as we were kicking at the dog to get away! then he walked over to get his dog, i was so pissed and called AC on them as well. if i could have i would have "taken" a hold of that dog and called the cops ASAP with the owner standing there. i am OVER having this happen to us and poor Jack, i will NO LONGER be the "nice" gal.

Last edited by jbealer on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Erin, am I right in thinking you're in the UK? I think this is partly a cultural difference because of the leash laws in north america. The dog has to be on a leash at all times except in designated off-leash areas. Someone taking it is enforcing the bylaws, so long as they ring police or animal control (if they don't do that, of course they would be stealing the dog). It's not the same as the UK where a dog can just walk down the street.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm

jbealer wrote:
Erinc wrote:
Erinc wrote:

this is true, and thats why were all open here.

Erinc, if you were ever in a event like this where Luka was being attacked by another dog with no owner or owner in site im sure your mind might change. we had an event where a GSD ran across the street after us and the owner just looked as we were kicking at the dog to get away! then he walked over to get his dog, i was so pissed and called AC on them as well. if i could have i would have "taken" a hold of that dog and called the cops ASAP with the owner standing there. i am OVER having this happen to us and poor Jack, i will NO LONGER be the "nice" gal.

Well, Luka has been attacked before and come out bleeding - but, and this 'but' leads onto the next quote too, I think its a little different in the UK - on the two occasions where I've had to pull a dog off of Luka, the dogs owner has been very apologetic and is normally someone who we often see in the park. Its funny because, there is no sense of community here in London, but between dog owners, everyone seems to know everyone and the sense of community is really strong. Sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intention, I hope it didn't affect Jack's personality, as that is what worries me most with my boy when he gets into fights.

Ghost wrote:
Erin, am I right in thinking you're in the UK? I think this is partly a cultural difference because of the leash laws in north america. The dog has to be on a leash at all times except in designated off-leash areas. Someone taking it is enforcing the bylaws, so long as they ring police or animal control (if they don't do that, of course they would be stealing the dog). It's not the same as the UK where a dog can just walk down the street.

Hmm, you are right in the whole cultural difference, especialy with dog culture. When we have meets in the UK its not rare that you hear people talk about incidents they've read on American forums, because its not very common for a lot of it to happen here!... Im always mentioning how I'm glad I don't have to worry about coyotes or bears when it comes down to the pup!

Its weird because, a lot of people are more cautious here around leashed dogs and those with muzzles, its not common to find a dog off of its lead that is dog or human aggressive.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk IMG_20120426_201452
Well it looks like that damn dog did get Jack Sad i got home last night and was running my hands over Jack and felt a weird clump. after much water soaking i got all the dried blood off and found this. cleaned it with some water and put Neosporin on it. Dr. M is going to clean it out while Jack is at the Vets for his xrays. now im am really temped to call AC back. we have not heard the dog at the house so im not sure if its there or not.

The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh, Jenn. I don't think I go more than a month in between those. Doesn't look that bad to me. But I would call AC just from the frustration of it all.

* Not to mention these people obviously care enough to vaccinate.*
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Eddy, its cause of all your fights i did not freak out over this puncture! ken was a little worried and i think he felt bad he did not catch it on wed. i would like to think since AC has picked this girl up in the past and she was impounded i would hope she has had her shots..... good thing Jack has.
this is our FIRST puncture wound, S&J have NEVER drawn blood between the two of them and i am thankful for that.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Report the wound to A/C that way there will be a better reason for the dogs owner to have the hammer dropped on them for being irresponsible.
Back to top Go down
staciez
Newborn
Newborn
staciez

Female Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Ooh that sucks!!! And it's not like it was a one-time only thing, they should really secure a big dog like that much better. Hope Jack is recovered ok!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeponsledding.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next