It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Agree with Eddy.
Call AC so that it will be documented.
Some people won't listen until a uniformed AC officer shows up at their door with a citation.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Embarassed Hope he heals up fine, silly dog, silly owners, whatever you decide to do will be well justified.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm

jalepeno wrote:
Agree with Eddy.
Call AC so that it will be documented.
Some people won't listen until a uniformed AC officer shows up at their door with a citation.
they have showed up to the peoples home in the past, thats what pisses me off even more!

Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Ouch, poor Jack! Mine have had a few wounds like that and they heal up fast. I agree with everyone else - I think you should report it to animal control. Then it is documented, and you never know it might make the owners do something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Poor Jack :c I'd report it to animal control - then take a copy of your vet bill to the owners. Have you thought about getting pepper spray or something for your walks?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Well the St B. is back at the home and i have confirmed that she was breed and had a litter of 12 affraid people Mad that dog is left out side ALL THE TIME, has no social skills and has now passed that along, people on the corner have one of the pups, i hope they train that one better or i will be making more phone calls.

we have a trail of barking dogs on our walk every morning, i wonder if people in there home go oh theirs that girl walking the huskies setting off all the dogs again....

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

My all time favorite response when my last dog (leashed) was attacked by an unleashed dog was "Your dog must have set him off. He has never done that before." Some people are moroons.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm

12 people!? It's a medical MIRACLE! Wink

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Nice catch tori! Should have had a period after 12.

Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:07 pm

jalepeno wrote:
...Some people are moroons.

Nuff said.

I just had a couple let their not so well socialized golden retreiver a bit too close to Brewer on our run this evening. Needless to say their golden attacked Brewer and Brewer reacted accordingly (chest bump and smile full of teeth). The part that I didn't get is that the husband instantly started barking at his wife...something along the lines of "what were you thinking"...leading me to believe that this wasn't the first time their dog acted aggressively towards another...

Oh well, no blood, no problem...

Hope everything gets straightened out with the St. B Jenn!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm sure they will Listed on craigslist soon
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm

OK so it HAPPENED AGAIN!!! im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF!
we walked passed the house and She was barking at us from the bedroom window, thought to my self, great she is inside, no worries. well 2 houses down is my old lady friend and she was out so we stopped and were talking, S&J saw a cat under her car and they barked, cat ran off i turned to start talking and then next thing i know the st. Bernard is charging at us! i pulled both S&J in close and got them behind me and then yelled and had to kick her in her neck about 5 time while moving in a circle to keep her from the dogs, she finally walked away, S&J were not touched this time. i see the guy walking out of his house like nothing was wrong, i yelled at him to get his dog, lots of foul language flying from my mouth, he gets in his car drives over and asks what dog..... i said your st. just attacked us for the 2nd time and that i had had it! he drove off i hope to look for her as a min later i saw the 2 other kids walk out of the house get in a car and go the other direction. not sure if they got her or not. my old lady friend was like she is usually such a sweet hear and that her daughter can walk the lab and the St. could care less about it. so she must have something against huskies or just us....yes she has followed us when she was younger and i have returned her to her home a few times but i never had to strike her till she started charging us. i think im off to the pet store this weekend for some spray. this just pisses me off, i have NO IDEA how she got from inside the house to out a door. i really wish they would do a better job of keeping her in their home or back yard. i need to calm down.

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Jenn - call animal control.
Document the date and time.
Get the name, address and phone # of your neighbor who witnessed the attack.
This last is VERY important so it's not just your word against theirs.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 pm

report filed with AC.
to bad i would have to go to court and lose a day of work if i wanted to file a formal complaint.

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Bodhi was attacked on Sunday, bitten a couple times on the head.
A medium sized boxer ran out into the street from a house I've walked past twice a day and never seen this dog
The property owner made no attempt to corral the dog and swore at me when I told her that if it ever happened again, I'd report it to AC. Then she said, "I hate all you f-ing neighbors."
Huh?

Later, I was talking to a deputy sheriff who came to take a crime report, as we had a pallet of construction materials stolen in the night from the garage we are building. Busy day. When I told him about the attack, he gave me his cell # and said don't call AC, call him if it happened again.

I'll let you guys know if I call him and what the results are.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Michael, sounds like poor jack and bodhi get picked on WAY to often!!!! i hope you don't have to call the sheriff.

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 pm

jalepeno wrote:
The property owner made no attempt to corral the dog and swore at me when I told her that if it ever happened again, I'd report it to AC. Then she said, "I hate all you f-ing neighbors."
Huh?

Sounds like my nasty neighbor back in Oklahoma. Too bad her little tirade resulted in me walking home, calling AC, and having her issued a $70 ticket for a nuisance animal. I wasn't going to call at all until she reacted the way she did.

Aaron walked out of our house this morning with Ghost to take her to daycare and was accosted by our new next door neighbors LARGE dog who was roaming our street. These people let that dog bark loudly at all hours, and now apparently roam free (their back yard isn't 100% enclosed). We're definitely documenting stuff on our end and if we have another incident we'll be doing something about it.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Geez Jen, again?! Mad

What the heck is up with all of the loose dogs?! These things make me extra scared to walk the three alone. Or two for that matter!!! One I can control and at least attempt to fight off the attacking dog!

Hope Bodhi is OK Michael!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Kitty also seems to be a magnet for dog attacks. She was attacked a few weeks ago by a dog on our block. Of course the owner claims "he's never done anything like that before". On our AM walk today we got charged by a smaller dog that I now refer to as our neighborhood nemesis because it has tried to attack Kitty so many times. I'm getting sick of kicking that stupid dog. So far animal control has been no help, they won't do anything unless a person gets bit.

Jenn and Michael, hope your pups stay safe! It's so stressful knowing that you might get attacked simply by walking your dogs in your own neighborhood. After this last attack, I just felt like I was going to break down and cry. I feel so bad that Kitty always gets targeted. I worry that one of these days she will just lose it and start being aggressive herself.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Make sure you carry Animal Shield and Mace - and a phone, everyone! It'll buy you time to get the dogs undercontrol and back away to go home - or call for backup. We've run into the types of situations you've mentioned SOOOO many times! People suck!

I nicely talk to the owners. Once. If I see the dog again, I also call AC to get the owners cited for no leash, or to at least send a letter.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Poor Bodhi and Jack. I would seriously be all over the St. Bernard owner's ass for this- it's an ongoing issue and that is a BIG dog that is capable of massive damage.

I feel like here in CO people have their dogs get out WAY too often. On my walks I always see a new dog out and about- usually of a smaller size though and they avoid me and the dogs at all cost because I always try to get them. Only real issue we had was these 2 dobies who's fence was literally 3 feet and would try to get Koda and Rogue when we walked by always and were nuts, and we just went to the owners door and told them to keep their dogs under control or Jarod has a gun and isn't going to let me or the dogs get mauled (these pups were crazy). Never saw them outside unsupervised again.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Bodhi is OK. Thanks all.

If he was off-leash, I wouldn't worry because they wouldn't be able to catch him.

This whole situation is because we are being responsible with our dogs on leashes, and their dogs are off-leash.

A lot of my frustration is derived from the fact that usually when these attacks happen I am wearing running shoes. I don't want to break a toe kicking off the interloper. Gone back to boots for the evening walk. I really wish I was kicking the owner, not the dog.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:11 am

Our poor boy jack is always the target Sad so we were taking the dogs around our lake last night and as we were coming around to the area the is lower then the grass we saw a girl playing with a dog in the feild, well in 1 min that dog came over the hill and charged jack! It was another husky!!! Still had its leash on so I was able to pull it away from jack. The teenage girl came running and grab the husky said she was sorry and we started walking away, I gave ken both dogs and I stayed behind just incase. Well the husky slipped its collar and came after us full force! I tried to stay between the dogs and was able to grab the scruff of the dog and hold it till the girl came again and then ONE MORE TIME it bolted for us! I got between the husky and ours yelled HEY real loud and it just stoped and looked at me! The girl got it again I made a comment that her dog needed more training and then we walked as fast as we could away! I'm buying spray this weekend I'm OVER this shit. S&J are ok but I know this shit is messing with jacks head Sad felt bad for that husky as it seemed young still and the girl seemed clueless....

Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Dang!!!! i would too my goodness!!!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Oh poor Jack!! Glad to hear he is ok. Kato got attacked a couple of times, and it really messed with him. I can't take him anywhere now without him wanting to fight every dog we come in contact with. It's sad, and now were having to work with him and let him know that other dogs are ok.

Just last night I was walking the two around our neighborhood, and I saw from a distance that there was a pitbull running loose. I immediately turned around the opposite way hoping it wouldn't see us and come charging! Some people just don't need to own pets if they can't properly train them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk   Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor Jack got attacked again on our walk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next