It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Female Join date : 2012-04-27

Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

This is also something that inspired our love for Huskies. Watching Mishka the talking husky on youtube! I wish ours would talk like this! I am obsessed with watching their videos & think Mishka is an absolute sweetheart. Has anyone else here taught their huskies how to talk? Or know how to teach them to talk like this? lol. Our husky is not as responsive & vocal like Mishka is yet, maybe it happens as they age. I don't know! But I could sit here for hours watching their videos! Smile

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

We can get Elara to talk pretty easily by saying "what?!" but it's harder to get Siku to talk. Though when she's playing, she's so loud! But that's growling and howling. lol.

Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Embrys talks if we ask him to sing Smile
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

lol! The only way we can get Shelby to sing is if we squeak her toy or constantly annoy her by repeatedly yelling things at her in a really high pitched voice. lol. She never does anything willingly though, not usually anyway, than typical barking at the furniture!.
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
How did you teach him to do that? Smile
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Thor talks a lot not as good as Miska, he just does a lot of roo's and such. I do think he is trying to say something tho...lol
I want him to say "I love Nero" and we work on it a lot.
I talk to my dogs my hubby thinks I am nuts I use complete sentences ...lol

I have posted a few videos of Thor being vocal.

Last edited by iceblulady on Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:34 pm

alexa&joe001 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
How did you teach him to do that? Smile

We would play videos on youtube and when hed sing wed say good sing and give him a treat he caught on quick
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

That's amazing! Hmm we do something similar when we squeak her toy & she sings but when we give it to her & say good girl, i feel like she is getting rewarded to JUST sing to the squeaky noises. lol
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Here's my girl singing...

Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:31 pm

cmanding wrote:
Here's my girl singing...

Hahaha! Ohh myy! I love that, she has a wonderful singing voice. & is a very pretty lookin' dog. They are so fun to watch sing & wooo like that Smile
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:33 pm

iceblulady wrote:
Thor talks a lot not as good as Miska, he just does a lot of roo's and such. I do think he is trying to say something tho...lol
I want him to say "I love Nero" and we work on it a lot.
I talk to my dogs my hubby thinks I am nuts I use complete sentences ...lol

I have posted a few videos of Thor being vocal.

Lol! How old are they again? I would love to see some vids, let me see if I can find any in the forum, under scrapbook videos?
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey i found one lol
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:38 pm

lol... I put them under video and they all have Thor in the title
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Just watched the icecream one! Thor is an awesome name, he is a cutie! I wanna have an argument with my doggiee. Sad
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks.... I he came with that name not a name I would of chosen...lol
Just keep talking to him he will talk back eventually.

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4214-nero-and-thor-love-their-dental-sticks

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4213-thor-thinking-he-is-getting-a-treat

A couple more
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:21 pm

lol! Thor is a little impatient huh?
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

If he knows he is getting food or anything edible he can be very impatient...lol
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Does this count as "talking" lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRNIhyndhE

He really does talk when he wants something or wants to play, but I'll have to find a video of that. Whiny baby that he is!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Trying to teach Mya to speak, but she more whines than anything. She'll really "speak" if she's talking to Kody...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmvsX3E99XE
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Be careful what you wish for lol. You might think you want them to argue with you, but once they start, they don't stop. I taught keeonah how to speak, and now she yells at me if she thinks i left her in her crate too long, if she thinks it's time for me to wake up, or if i left her alone too long say, while i went to brush my teeth. It starts off very cute, but gets old pretty quickly
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Melissa I love your videos! Me & my hubby couldn't stop laughing at the first one! Her whines are adorable, & so funny! Haha & you know, I keep reading everywhere, on husky sites & books & stuff that this breed doesn't bark, I completely disagree with that! They do bark, maybe not as much as other breeds, but I think they really do! Your last video proves it lol.
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

yes they bark. I think the books mean they do not bark like a dog would if they see a person or animal. They will not let you know some one is breaking in your house. You will find some that will bark but it's rare. My GSD barks at everything Thor just stares at whatever Nero is barking at...lol
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

MyKeeonah wrote:
Be careful what you wish for lol. You might think you want them to argue with you, but once they start, they don't stop. I taught keeonah how to speak, and now she yells at me if she thinks i left her in her crate too long, if she thinks it's time for me to wake up, or if i left her alone too long say, while i went to brush my teeth. It starts off very cute, but gets old pretty quickly
lol! Shelby starts whining when I wake up, & i go downstairs & go to the bathroom before I let her out, at the staircase I hear her in a full howl, she is so impatient! But I really do want to teach her to talk & say "i love you"! lol I love when they talk. I can't wait to get another so they can talk to eachother like this.

Those are malamutes, but it's still adorable! lol
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:50 pm

iceblulady wrote:
yes they bark. I think the books mean they do not bark like a dog would if they see a person or animal. They will not let you know some one is breaking in your house. You will find some that will bark but it's rare. My GSD barks at everything Thor just stares at whatever Nero is barking at...lol
lol that is too funny! Also i like how Shelby will bark at inanimate objects & she kinda barks when she hears a person enter the room in like a "protective, startled" way, like under her breath, I guess i don't know how to really explain it, but either way she is still a terrible guard dog! lol. & I think these books need to be more specific, they make it sound like they don't bark at all.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:56 pm

iceblulady wrote:

Exactly! They do bark, but won't go off barking if they hear something outside. They'll just sniff the door or stand on total alert!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?   Has anyone here taught their husky to talk? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone here taught their husky to talk?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next