It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Predator Pounce

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

The Predator Pounce Empty
PostSubject: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

I've got to bring my camera when he does this.

Bodhi hears something in the grass or leaves.
He stops, cocks his head and lifts one paw.
Then he leaps like a diver, making a big "C" in the air.
When he comes down, he starts digging madly.
And usually a mouse, mole or chipmunk squirts out.
Yesterday, he caught a mouse before I got it away from him.

I have even seen him do this on snow.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:10 pm

HAHAHA! That is priceless! You definitely need video of that!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Anytime kiara sees or hears something in she bushes or grass she pounces on it w her butt in the air till she finds it. If she does she bats it around w her paws like a cat. She will pick it up w her mouth then drop it and bat it around some more until it dies. I had to stop her from killing our gardener snake George who lives in our back yard a few times. She had him in her mouth the other day. Shook him around then let him go to bat him around. He was ok though haha
Back to top Go down
MEEKA1216
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm

I saw that on some show about wildlife on discovery or animal planet it wasn't a husky but it was some sort of fox that would do that in the snow to catch mice and other rodents it was like it was an Olympic diver lol
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Ava does the same thing and I love it. I think its really cute Razz

She does it when she's hunting things and to break ice during the winter time - especially when she wants to swim in her little pool when its frozen over lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Predator Pounce   The Predator Pounce Empty

Back to top Go down

The Predator Pounce

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1