It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Justice for Mijo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

Justice for Mijo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok, My friend that I sit with that had a stroke her mom's side of the family are JW. A minister is just like an elder and/or Paster. A regular member is call JW's.
So I am thinking that people are thinking that someone in that position would have more respect for a life being an animal or human.
It is also not the first dog in that neighborhood that has been killed that way.
Also another dog was attack the same way in the same town
http://www.aspca.org/news/animal-welfare-news/dog-attacked-with-machete-in.aspx

Justice for Mijo is the FB page for the Lab.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

My point still stands. All it takes is a human brain for someone to become psychotic. That person can come from any walk of life. Focusing on his position or role in life is pointless.

Justice for Mijo - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

+1 for Koda.

Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:34 pm

I feel like this one might need to be moved to the doghouse...

We are all missing the point with the arguments that a dog was tragically and brutally hacked to death by a freaking machete. To each their own with the opinions on whether you think a minister should be held on a higher standard than anyone else..

edit: or at least lock the topic

Last edited by ZoeTheHusky on Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add something)
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't think anyone is saying anyone is immune it becoming psychotic.
I think people are just thinking that a person in his position would be more stable.
In the eyes of the world "everyday people" like us would be come psychotic before people in his position.

Yes Zoe, the point here is that a dog was killed in a brutal way and it should not have happen regardless of who done it.

Last edited by iceblulady on Mon May 14, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Why? How on earth does that assumption hold any validity? How does what someone chooses to do for a living have any bearing on their mental state?

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I'd love for this topic to be locked as well.

No one can stay on topic and quite frankly I find the misinformation in this thread down right offensive.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:46 pm

It doesn't, but the public does hold them to some higher moral standard. So- when things like doctor, minister, pastor, priest, lawyer, PRESIDENT get thrown in... It makes the public go crazy. Regardless, I highly doubt the story needed it... Because anyone who hacks a dog 4 times with a machete for humping another dog clearly is NOT in a healthy state of mind.

So while yes their profession may matter in a story telling and drama enticing sort of way... It isn't relevant to the actual problem which is a man hacks a dog with a machete in public.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd like to remind people that if they don't want to contribute to the topic, they don't need to read it. I don't lock posts because people don't like what they are reading. That's not my job, nor is it the staffs. No rules are being broken, therefore no action will be taken.

Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Snow White wrote:
I'd love for this topic to be locked as well.

No one can stay on topic and quite frankly I find the misinformation in this thread down right offensive.

That's not fair to say that no one can stay on topic.

Either way, no matter what, this is about the dog, not the person. There really isn't much to say about it, other than it is a sad thing, and it should not have happened. Harping on the person's profession does nothing to help the understanding of what happen, so why not just let that aspect of it go? If some one were able to give just ONE reason as to why it matters, fine, if not, focus on the DOG, not the person.
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

arooroomom wrote:
It doesn't, but the public does hold them to some higher moral standard. So- when things like doctor, minister, pastor, priest, lawyer, PRESIDENT get thrown in... It makes the public go crazy.

Thank you... This is what I was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm

iceblulady wrote:
arooroomom wrote:
It doesn't, but the public does hold them to some higher moral standard. So- when things like doctor, minister, pastor, priest, lawyer, PRESIDENT get thrown in... It makes the public go crazy.

And we are doing nothing but contributing to that hysteria by continuing to harp on it ourselves--- and claiming ourselves that it matters. Perhaps I shouldn't have vented about it, but that stuff makes me so mad. Why it was even brought up by the owner in the first place is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Koda wrote:
I'd like to remind people that if they don't want to contribute to the topic, they don't need to read it. I don't lock posts because people don't like what they are reading. That's not my job, nor is it the staffs. No rules are being broken, therefore no action will be taken.
Apologies. I guess I need a refresher on the forum rules.

Anyway, it's very sad what happened to that innocent animal and I'm sure this man will get what's coming to him one way or another.

Last edited by Snow White on Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Koda wrote:
iceblulady wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

And we are doing nothing but contributing to that hysteria by continuing to harp on it ourselves--- and claiming ourselves that it matters. Perhaps I shouldn't have vented about it, but that stuff makes me so mad. Why it was even brought up by the owner in the first place is beyond me.

I agree, which is why I concluded with:

Quote :
So while yes their profession may matter in a story telling and drama enticing sort of way... It isn't relevant to the actual problem which is a man hacks a dog with a machete in public.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:01 pm

My apologies. Kristina. If I didn't make it clear... I agree with you Smile

Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Koda wrote:
iceblulady wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

I agree, which is why I concluded with:

Quote :

I have my thoughts on that but I will leave it alone so that this can get back on the actual topic.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Honestly? Discuss it all you want. It doesn't prevent anyone else from discussing the issue at hand either. That's the beauty of a forum.

Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Koda wrote:
Honestly? Discuss it all you want. It doesn't prevent anyone else from discussing the issue at hand either. That's the beauty of a forum.

Well my thoughts on why the owner mention the position the guy held.
The owner of the doggy is an Army vet who fought in the war. While my husband was in the Army and everyone else in his family. I noticed that a lot people in the military hold religion very high. They pray a lot and the Chaplin is a very popular person.
So as much as I hate to say this a lot of military people put ministers, fathers, pastors, preachers in a very high position and would never think bad about them.

Is anyone following the FB page
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

The facebook page has said nothing substantial, in my opinion. So far it just seems like the owners ramblings. Justice For Cisco got national attention in a matter of hours. This has been four days and not a single news story on the subject.

I hate to say it, but I am skeptical. People are weird. I don't claim to know why they do what they do, but there is something not right about this entire story.

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Agreed. Something about this story does seem off.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

I've been staying out of this one because I personally think that bringing in any religious affiliation into this is completely irrelevant to the story. I have noticed that stuff like that is becoming more pervasive into the media because religion is a hot button with a lot of people right now. We had a case of heinous child abuse down here not too long ago, and all the local newspaper could report on was that the parents were "regular churchgoers". Um, that's great and all, but... confused

I'm jumping in now because of the military aspect. Yes, there is a vocal minority, mostly in the Army and Air Force who are evangelical christians and would likely hold clergy in almost a higher regard than their senior leadership. But to generalize and try to say most of us are like that and try to play that angle on this story, I'm going to have to disagree. I've been active for 12 years now, and in my experience clergy are respected but not any more or less than any other position of relative authority. I've had some really awesome chaplains who have helped me through some rough patches, and I've also seen more than one chaplain get sent to the brig for some sort of illegal activity. Shoot, when I was at the Naval Academy, one of our chaplains was apparently drugging and raping male midshipman. I really don't remember seeing any additional outrage at the act, and no one brought religion into it besides stating that he was accessing midshipman through his job as a chaplain. I think it's wrong period to try to sensationalize this horrible act any more by trying to play the military and/or religious cards in general.

Just my Justice for Mijo - Page 2 2144500265

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Justice for Mijo - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

I just looked at the FB page as well. I agree. Nothing really there except him talking. The pics are too few, as well. I would expect many more photos of the dog. If some one did that to my dog, I would take atleast 100 pics, different angles, etc.
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:27 pm

I think it's wrong period to try to sensationalize this horrible act
any more by trying to play the military and/or religious cards in
general.

Not trying to play the military card/religion card. But I am not going to try to explain it again it will probably take 5 more post.

Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

The owner is also a member on

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/849776-minister-kills-neighbors-dog-machete.html

He is talking more about it, the female dog was the ministers dog and he talks about what the butcher guy tells the police. Anyone want to copy some of it? I was going to but my Internet is out and I am on my iPhone and get crap service at my home so those pages take days to load. I didn't get to read all of it.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:53 pm

brady.law wrote:
the female dog was the ministers dog
I wonder why this little detail was left out of the original story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Justice for Mijo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next