It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Justice for Mijo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

Justice for Mijo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm

To make his story look better of course. But I am interrested if we ever find out what really happened. I mean to kill a dog in that way... Going to be hard to justify that. And unfortunately since nobody saw it I highly doubt this story will be going very far.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:21 pm

ok, just throwin in my 2 cents, but why are the links to this story on car forums? Thats just unusual to me.

theres so much that seems so...off, in this story to me. Its just my opinion but it all just gives me a feeling that there really was a dog hurt or killed that way and these people may have either made this up to get their 15min of fame, OR, drastically padded up this story.

*shrugs*
just sayin....
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:11 pm

The owner of the dog was on the car forum and a friend of his posted the story to spread the word.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I dunno, I'm just sayin it seems all around odd...

Has there been anything official in the news other than word of mouth?
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:20 pm

He posted earlier today an article was being written. I definately believe it happened but not sure how it exactly went down... Only the butcher guy knows that and he's obviously going to say It was self defense no matter what.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Well, no offense but I'll remain skeptical until I see something concrete, Ive been on many forums n have come across many people who have just gone above & beyond craziness.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Calling him "the butcher guy" is kind of.... I don't want to be rude and use the word ignorant... but you said yourself, we don't know what happened, and while I don't think that it was right, in any way, calling him that does nothing but confuse people.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm

I figure nobody would know Jose Salazar. The minister. The alledged attcker. Whatever your desire.
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:35 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
I've been staying out of this one because I personally think that bringing in any religious affiliation into this is completely irrelevant to the story. I have noticed that stuff like that is becoming more pervasive into the media because religion is a hot button with a lot of people right now. We had a case of heinous child abuse down here not too long ago, and all the local newspaper could report on was that the parents were "regular churchgoers". Um, that's great and all, but... confused

Anything that media can do to make religious people look like nut jobs, they will do. It is the mindset that is invading our culture. I recently heard someone refer to fundamentalist Christians as the "village idiot" of the US. When someone who makes a religious profession does something atrocious, so many feed on that to push their disrespect and disregard of faith. It's almost as if an atrocity like this committed by someone who is religious, provides more evidence to the faithless that there is no God and believers suffer from some sort of mental illness. However, we could say the same for both sides. People from all walks of life do bad things.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm

I'd go with alleged attacker.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Just a quick comment on the whole announcing & publicizing of the alleged attackers religious role;

For the same reason I dont like it in any circumstance, It stains everyone associated in that role, like if this goes super public, JW's will all be looked at as "crazies", one bad apple spoils the bunch. Now I know it wont effect some peoples opinions of JW's, but theres no doubt it will effect some. Im sorry I know I suck at explaing what rolls around my head lol.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm

You don't suck at it... I getcha. And I happen to agree.

Justice for Mijo - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Koda wrote:

Thank you, It's good to know others are able to make sense of me :p
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm

MetalMama wrote:
Koda wrote:

I agree with you as well Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Justice for Mijo - Page 3 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:10 pm

MetalMama wrote:
Koda wrote:

+1 as well. That's why I don't think any aspect of job, religion, etc, should be included. It's a man who hurt an animal. End of story.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Razz I feel so entillectial now.

jk Intellectual Wink

Really though, Ive gone through things not so nice due to a similar publicizing of various roles negatively. Its not a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:49 am

Here is a video report..

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=754706#.T7R1O-g9l8G
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:52 am

I'm going to refrain from commenting on that video report. It honestly only increases my skepticism.

Justice for Mijo - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:02 am

Koda wrote:
I'm going to refrain from commenting on that video report. It honestly only increases my skepticism.

My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:10 am

Had Mijo's owner been straight forward from the beginning I might feel differently but he left crucial details out of his story from the beginning and now I don't trust a damn word he says.

To me this just looks like another case where a dog gets punished for having a stupid / lazy owner. I don't think it's right what happened to Mijo at all and I feel for the dog, but I have no sympathy for this guy.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm

If its true... People should learn by now how crucial it is to keep your dog secure at all times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justice for Mijo   Justice for Mijo - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Justice for Mijo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3