It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kids at the dog park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Legend_of_Faolan wrote:
NadirCs wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
Call me a jerk, but I'm a self proclaimed dog park police.

Let me just say thank you. I LOVE self-proclaimed dog park police. Very Happy Mostly because I'm too scared of confrontation to say anything to the rule breakers. I appreciate those who do!

I second this. I hate confrontation, otherwise I'd speak out myself!

Me too. I'm too chicken lol I just leave.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:12 pm

A lady I talk to at the park calls this "indoctrinated birth control." Seeing all of the little brats running around makes even me not want to have children, but really, it's the parents' fault.

First, let me go ahead and say: not every kid at the park is a brat. There's a regular denizen of our park who runs with the dogs, but he's careful, and he makes sure the dog is okay to play with. If a dog joins in that he hasn't spoken to the owner of, he stops and goes to the owner. I'm perfectly okay with that.

But those kids who come and treat it like a petting zoo, or a kid playground? Yeah, no. There are kids who will kick dogs out of the pools (that the regular park-goers bought for the dogs) so they can splash around. One kid even swung a length of PVC pipe at the dog that he'd taken off of a piece of agility equipment.

I'll go right up to someone and tell them to control their brats. I'm by no means an intimidating person, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have some crappy parent let their kid injure themselves because they don't understand that this is a place for animals to be animals, and sometimes that means retaliating.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Omg... This is my first time at the dog park in like 2 moths and there is 2 kids running and screaming and playing tag. They are probably 10 and one was just pushing in the back of a German sheppard and pulling on its tail and acted like he was going to get on top of it. The other kid is screaming like a little girl everytime this puppy is jumping on him saying its attacking him, now they are barking a all the dogs. Seriously... I want to punch a child in the face... More so the parents.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Personally, I hate it when people bring their children to the dog park. It is an unleashed area for our dogs to be able to run around and play. My friend has two german shepherd/lab mixes and although they are very friendly, they do tend to get overexcited and jump up. This sucks for my friend and her dogs because she has to keep them leashed and they are not able to run around and enjoy their time at the park. Also, one time I had just got to the dog park and Cally was still on a leash. A little boy came up and started hitting Cally with his stuffed toy. It's a good thing my puppy is very friendly and tolerant but what if that had been a less tolerant dog?? Bottom line in my opinion is children younger than say 10 years old should not be allowed in the dog park.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't care if kids are at the park, but sit them down at a bench and make them behave. And don't bitch if a dog jumps on your kid or knocks them over while running. For the most part we have had great experiences with kids present. Once we had someone bring their mentally handicapped child that was deathly afraid of dogs though and the girl ran in the middle of the field, threw herself on the ground, screamed and cried and it was a mess... Yeah, if your kid is terrified of dogs, don't be an idiot and think it's a great idea to bring them to the park.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Dog park rant!
So today I took Lycus to the dog park for a little while and like always the second I remove his leash he runs to one of his dog friends and they start playing. The next thing I know he sees a kid [Lycus loves kids!] and he runs to her and pretty much jumps on her. This little girl is no more than 4 years old so of course he knocks her down! Who in the hell lets a -5 year old just walk around at a dog park alone! While she was sitting on the floor Lycus was licking her face so I ran over and stood her up and made Lycus go back to playing with the other dogs. I was frustrated at the damn mom who was just standing at the corner of the park texting the whole time. I even went up to her and told her what happened and she didn't care that her kid was being pushed over by dogs! I wanted to smack this lady honestly -.- not to mention that I later realized she had another kid no more than 8 also running around. Seriously? Then the little girl removed her sandals and they were right next to the mom. She of course, continued on her phone as Lycus was picking up one of the sandals slowly and walking away. She noticed NOTHING even though this was literally right next her feet. In my head, I'm just like "damn it lady, get off your a$$ and watch your kids!"
*Sigh* People....
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh and the rules at the park state that no child is allowed under the age of 16. -.-
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I understand the frustration :[ with me, I hate taking Cloud to the dog park if there are kids. I have no idea why, but kids have always loved Cloud, and always want to hold him and pet him but he just runs away at lightning speed as they chase him. And of course the parents are texting or gossiping or god knows what but its really annoying. Our park has soccer fields located nearby, so there are always a lot of kids at the dog park during or after the sporting events.
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:24 am

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
Dog park rant!
Then the little girl removed her sandals and they were right next to the mom. She of course, continued on her phone as Lycus was picking up one of the sandals slowly and walking away.

Oh god, all I can think of was, if there was one place I don't want to be barefoot, it's a dog park... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:41 am

NadirCs wrote:
Rocio_Caballero wrote:
Dog park rant!
Then the little girl removed her sandals and they were right next to the mom. She of course, continued on her phone as Lycus was picking up one of the sandals slowly and walking away.

Oh god, all I can think of was, if there was one place I don't want to be barefoot, it's a dog park... Shocked

Haha I thought the same thing when I read that! Like who in their right mind does that at a dog park? XD
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:47 am

Seriously! Lol, not to mention I live in souther NM which is just desert! So our dog park doesn't even have grass :/
This little girl is walking around dirt without shoes... at a dog park... oh lord lol At least Lycus listened when I said "drop it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids at the dog park   park - Kids at the dog park - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kids at the dog park

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3