It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Len's Garden (attempts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Len's Garden (attempts) Empty
PostSubject: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Well I'll get the most important one out of the way. The infamous Beer Garden of das Kraut. (2010)

Damn beer never did grow worth a darn.
Len's Garden (attempts) Img1257c

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Day 1 of the 2012 growing season:

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0694r

Day 2:

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0699o

Crops are zukes, cukes, 4 different varieties of pepper, 4 varieties of tomatoes, a couple eggplant, and green onions. Still a about 140 sq ft available so off to the greenhouse again tomorrow.

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0704w

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0703h

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun May 27, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

what all are you growing?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:11 pm

snrose wrote:
what all are you growing?

You got me just as I was editing in the crop list which is listed after the first day 2 picture.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:38 pm

awesome. i can't wait till next year. i plan on doing a big in ground garden. right now im planting in pots. got some tomatoes, asparagus, strawberries, and some random herbs
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:40 pm

LMAO at you're beer garden. lol!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Love the pictures we have a small raised garden we only plant hot peppers love them..

2 years ago we got thousands of habenaro peppers from our garden infact we still have a freeze with some of them.

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

I froze down a crapper load of peppers last year why I even planted more this year is beyond me. Probably have enough yet for another 2 years.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:31 am

Haha I forgot about the beer garden, that pic is priceless! I wish I had that much room to plant veggies! Good luck this yr!

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:39 am

I wish I had sun in my yard and not just tons of huge trees. However, even if I did have the appropriate amount of sun to grow veggies, I probably would fail at it. I have tried and I have failed when living in other houses. My parents grew a HUGE garden! You would think I might have learned something from them somewhere along the way!

Nice looking garden, Len! Nice soil, too. I envy deep, rich soil. Central VA soil is orange and as hard a clay... well, I think it actually IS clay!
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:23 am

ugh, virginia clay is horrid. my parents have it at their house
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:43 am

SabakaMom wrote:
However, even if I did have the appropriate amount of sun to grow veggies, I probably would fail at it. I have tried and I have failed when living in other houses.

Don't feel bad, I've been talking about making a garden for year's now and never do. Mainly, because I bought those potted herb plants that you can keep in the house, the only thing you have to do is water. Well, I'm on my 5th or 6th plant so far... Laughing They just keep dying! Ahhh, I just don't have a green thumb.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:32 am

SabakaMom wrote:

Nice looking garden, Len! Nice soil, too. I envy deep, rich soil. Central VA soil is orange and as hard a clay... well, I think it actually IS clay!

Actually the soil here is very very rocky as were on the outer fringe of the Finger Lakes area which were dug out (?) by glaciers during the ice age. I roto-till the garden as deep as I can and still every year bring up rocks the size of baseballs and occasional football size. The rich soil is the compost that I bring home from the village compost site and will constantly be bringing it home as a top base to smother weeds that try growing. I use to trench all my non meat kitchen waste until I started having the garden raided at night by skunks.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I should make a small beer garden in the front of the house and a web cam just to see what reactions and looks I get! Too funny!

I wish I had a garden....any size will do as we really don't have room unless I use the back yard where G&S play and I'd rather they have room and I use pots for herbs instead.

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:54 pm

cmanding wrote:
I should make a small beer garden in the front of the house and a web cam just to see what reactions and looks I get! Too funny!

That would be to cool. What a great excuse to go buy and drink beer so you can cut out the label from the 12 pack carton and staple it on a stick, then plug it into the ground.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:09 pm

I would! My neighbors would get a kick out of it!

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Week 1:
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0711m

Week 3:
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0713y

Then the rain finally came......................... Week 5
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0717a

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0715eb

Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0716c

Weeds suck.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 am

Looking good, Len!

My tomatoes and basil plants aren't growing.... Sad (They're not dead, they're just not growing...)

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 am

Week 11: Zukes are good for maybe 3-4 days more then dead. Pulled out 2 plants this evening stems pretty much rotten at ground level. Dreading the thought of squash beetle invasion, will know for sure if the pumpkins die prematurely. Green peppers wasted effort grew 3 ft high and barren as the Sahara Desert, probably my fault to much nitrogen. Aaaah Ed's favorites tomatoes! Yellows, orange and red cherry tomatoes coming on with a vengeance. Roma, Early Girl, and some strange full size yellow ones in there for good measure. Pictures so we know it really happened.

Dying zukes and cukes they served me well
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0724n

Roma tomatoes
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0725c

pumpkin
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0727c

yellows
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0726v

Some sort of mystery beans from the Philippines, I'm sure they'll die out before harvesting.
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0728jk

eggplant silent
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0730a

Beth, being knocked around by the wind.
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0732er

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 am

Len, I wish I had a garden of that size! My green peppers grow to the size of a golf ball then they start going bad.... not sure what is up with that. Made sure I fed all my veggies before I left. Hope you can get some more veggies before they go bad!

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Almost the end of August update on the crops:

Shy pumpkin, have about 4 of them that average about 12-15" in diameter.
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0739w

Pretty much what we've brought in since Thursday. Cukes and Zukes are officially done.
Len's Garden (attempts) Dscf0743g

Len's Garden (attempts) Photo3oc

Len's Garden (attempts) Photo4mya

Len's Garden (attempts) Photo5be

Len's Garden (attempts) Photo6ep

Tomatoes reds, yellows,cherry, grape ones even being swamped by those buggers.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm

All that color! They look delicious!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 am

YUMMY!!!!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

its all looks GREAT! im gonna have a basket of tomatoes like that soon!

Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:06 pm

WOW! You're garden look's awesome Len! Great job!!

I have a hard time keeping a basil plant alive in a pot. lol Wish I had you're talent Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Len's Garden (attempts)   Len's Garden (attempts) Empty

Back to top Go down

Len's Garden (attempts)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next