It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Her name is Feather. She needs her shots updated, but she has her rabies shot. She is 4 years old. We have all her papers if you have any questions please call Shameika Grant. Her dad wants Feather gone by Saturday or he is bringing her to a shelter because they cannot have her in their new place.

From the owner: "She is good with children. She loves the out doors. She's good with other dogs and cats. She's not vicious at all, you could walk up and just pet her . She needs some attention and I don't have the time anymore. I've had her since she was a puppy. She likes to dance and give hugs and loves to be petted just like any other pet. If there are any other questions please let me know and my number is 5189863677. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help -- Shameika"

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Shamei10

ETA: I cannot take her, but I WILL foster her if someone from the forum wants her. Please contact me ASAP with any questions or interest.

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm

She's a beautiful girl. I hope she find's a good home soon. I have a few friends in NY, I'll see if any of them are interested.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

She's very pretty!

If I add a 3rd to our existing fur-family, it will have to be a male.

Heather is watching Ginger and Storm, and as it turns out, Ginger is now starting to guard Heather and if Rogue tries to go to Heather, Ginger has lunged at Rogue. Ginger has also cornered Rogue at least once now also. But she has no issues with Koda. Hubby was told when we went to the 'rescue yard' back then, that Ginger should be an only dog. When we added Storm, we thought she's OK with other huskies! We had Jack and Sierra over for a day and she was OK...but it appears that anything longer than that, Ginger starts to show a dominance side toward other females.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 am

Thank you, Kelly!

I will drive a few hours with her for the right home. Please contact me ASAP if anyone knows of anyone who is interested.

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:50 am

If you need a tranfer thru western NY, I'm good to help out.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am

Ah she is a real beauty..

I hope we find her a home.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks, Len!

If you're interested, I don't care where you are-- let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 pm

I would take her in a heartbeat, I think the wife would kill me however.

I put it out there in my circle Tori.

NY isn't the farthest place in the world from QC. We'll gladly foster until someone gets their house "Husky proof" if someone responsible lets me know.

Either way GOOD LUCK!!!!
~Chris~

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Thank you, Chris!

And FYI- if you could convince the wife, I would gladly drive up to Montreal. My husband and I have family there and it's honestly not that far-- only about 4 hours from here!

Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Tika wrote:
I would take her in a heartbeat, I think the wife would kill me however.

I put it out there in my circle Tori.

NY isn't the farthest place in the world from QC. We'll gladly foster until someone gets their house "Husky proof" if someone responsible lets me know.

Either way GOOD LUCK!!!!
~Chris~

Ah come one Chris she would be a great addition to your pack. Good luck in talk to wife into it..

It took me several months before John came around and agreed we need a second dog.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Bump.

Tori get in touch with me when you can. PM sent.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Update: We should be working out a transfer sometime this week. If all goes according to plan, I'll update you all with the news Smile

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Here's our update!

Feather came home with me today. We drove into the ghetto to pick her up, lol. She was excited to meet me, but very sweet and friendly! We took her back here, let her run around, gave her a nice long bath (she was diiiirrrty!) and introduced her to Koda and Hailey. Hailey as always couldn't care less. Koda wanted to play. She played with Koda and Hailey in the backyard great. She was a little timid but that's to be expected. There was only one MINOR scuffle when Koda tried to get her to play, and Hailey came to help, and they backed poor Feather into a corner. She was scared, gave a warning growl, and Koda took that as his cue (damn dog). However, Koda was pulled off immediately, I grabbed Feather's back legs and she looked around at me and immediately calmed down. Honestly, she is just a genuine, all around sweet dog.

OH- and right-- Kelly, Chris, and Tika have agreed to foster Feather. If she isn't a good fit with them, they are committed to helping Feather find a forever home. I am driving Feather up to meet them on Wednesday to make the switch. Just call Feather a good ol' Canadian snow dog!

Also- just fed her. Was able to place my hand in her bowl while feeding her and could even take her bowl away. She is SO gentle with people. Kelly and Chris-- if you can't keep her, I'm sure she's going to have no problem finding a furever home!

Here are some pics!

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0212
UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0213
UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0214
UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0215
UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0216

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for the pics Tori! She is quite the cute little Redhead!
We are looking forward to meeting her. We have been assured by the local rescue of their help in finding a home provided the family/household meets our approval, so we are confident she will have a Furever home. Until that time, if we decide we cant keep her, we will do our best to make sure she gets the best family fit, as long as it takes.
Talk soon!

Chris and Kelly

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Chris, Kelly and TIka I am so glad you guys are going to foster her hoping things work out for you.

She is a beautiful dog..

I have a son on Long Island. NY that wants a Husky some day he can not handle one now being he is in grad school at Stony Brook Univserity he was kind of upset that we got Blaze after he had left home. I would like to help find him a husky when he is able to take care of one. Some day. Oh he does not know that we have Kerian yet.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:48 am

Memo to Tori, Chris & Kelly:

I see there will be a border crossing, I know a long time ago the laws were quite strict about dogs going into Canada from the USA. Might be a good idea to check them out before trying a crossing.

?????
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:56 am

Tori, I looked it up

When crossing a dog from the United States into Canada you need a health certificate. So you'll need to bring her to your vet prior to going to get her a health clearance. Dogs coming from areas not free of rabies must be accompanied by a valid rabies vaccination certificate.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:05 am

Good job Jennet
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 am

Yup yup,

Feather has her rabies medallion on. There are no papers with her but Tori was going to try and call the vet indicated on the medallion to get the certificate.

Worse comes to worse bringing a dog into Canada without it isn't the be all end all of the trip. We employ a perma vet at the border, who for 30 bucks, will inspect any animal being brought into Canada to stay.

As long as everything checks out with this vet, and we do some follow up (we would need to provide proof that Feather did indeed receive her rabies shot within 30 days of coming over) it should be sufficient to clear the border.

Homework has been done on both sides to insure we don't spend hours upon hours at the border Razz

Either way we'll do our best to keep you up to date on what happens.

~Chris~

ETA - I don't know why but that last Pic of Hailey makes me laugh. Nice Snap there Tori Smile.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 am

Update: Most DEFINITELY crate trained and house broken so far. She was a DREAM last night. Went into Hailey's crate without any hesitation and didn't make a PEEP all night down there by herself while we all slept in the upstairs bedroom. She was quiet and calm when I went to get her the next morning and didn't show any signs of distress.

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 pm

We are assimilating quite well! Running with the pack almost without fear now...
UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Img_0310

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm

LoL!

They all look so Happy Smile

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:12 pm

AWWWW Tori!!!! I think you need a third!!! Very Happy

Chris/Kelly, I hope you guys are able to keep her! She's adorable!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Wow they look happy together.. Tori a third?? or Chris a second?? What is it going to be??

Last edited by ljelgin on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 pm

They were happy cause I was dangling a piece of American cheese above the camera, lol.

I think, I HOPE, this will be a good fit for Chris & Kelly! I just took her to a shelter I have a relationship with and took her into the cat room. She did SO WELL. She went nose-to-nose with the cats, sniffed them, but was more interested in their food than them! All the cats just started coming out of their hiding places to say hi to her! There were 6 or 7 of them there and she did great!! She shouldn't have a problem finding a forever home!

She takes treats like a dream, NO resource guarding or aggression, fully housebroken (we've had no accidents), completely create trained (doesn't even whine when I am in the house walking around), gets along with other dogs AND cats!

Vices? She's pretty food motivated so she begs a little and she likes garbage. She noses a lot, so garbages definitely need lids! She jumps a little and her coat needs some help.

The shelter guy was in love with her. He wants to be updated on how she does and Chris & Kelly-- he said if you wanted another opinion, to feel free to give him a call!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY   UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Female Husky R/W- Schenectady, NY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next