It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 am

Good luck today! It is very impressive how well you've been doing in this situation. I cannot imagine going through this and handling it as well/responsibly as you are when I was 19. I'm glad your/boyfriends parents could help and you found a vet with a payment plan. Hope it's an easy surgery today!!!
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks everyone'

we're up and now we're about to leave.

Ill keep you guys updated via my phone
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Good luck to you and Trillion! And I hope everything turns out well Smile
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 pm

We are here she about to go in for more xrays.

She deff has a torn ligiment in her knee and they are recomending surgery but they wanna get a better look before deciding they said that's going to be about 2700
But also I guess she might also have something wrong with her pelvis...
He said a possible fracture because it's shaped wrong which they're also looking at in the xrays.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

you got to get her knee fixed, that is something she can not live with torn. how did her pelvis get cracked? i thought this was all on the front of the body? have you also tried to contact some rescues that might be able to help with the cost? i know you say you live in a remote area so options might be limited for that.

have you looked at this?
http://www.pgaa.com/financialaid.html
not sure if any are in the CA area you are in.
Good luck

Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

I have no idea how her pelvis would be fractured but he said the shape dosnt look right then again the xray sucks which is why we are getting another done.
He said to be sure.
No its in her back right leg. That's the hurt one.

Also iv contacted one rescue that we were told helps out this area. And they said they will be glad to help if we get trillion fixed.
Which was the plan for the end of the month since she has a month of from training class she can just lounge around without missing class. (Her class is tuesdays to we are missing it today and next week is her last week we will miss it then too Sad )

So if they decide surgery she will get fixed at the same time so they can help out with costs.
But at the same time it'll be more costly since she will also be getting fixed, alllsoo at the same time is good cause it will be getting done.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Poor Trillion Sad
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm

There is nothing wrong with the pelvis thank god.

However the ligament is partaly torn and they said at this point it will eventually tear all the way.

They are at this point really recomending surgery.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

If it's her knee she really needs it done, not really any other choice Sad I'd look into making a http://www.chipin.com/
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:30 pm

pandactivity wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the pelvis thank god.
However the ligament is partaly torn and they said at this point it will eventually tear all the way.They are at this point really recomending surgery.

good news on the pelvis! but you got to get the knee fixed, your asking for trouble if you let it go. at this point she is gonna miss both her last 2 classes so don't worry about it and im sure they will let you make them up based on what is going on. call that rescue place tell them what is up, get her fixed and get the knee done and then she is recovering from 2 things at once vs. waiting and taking her in for the spay later. do that chip in thing and im sure people on here will help you out as well. and hit up your FB page (if you have one) asking for some help, there are a ton of people out there that are good and will help.

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Yuup if you make the chip in and I know quite a few FB pages to cross post it to that will probably bring in a few donations
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes, do the chip-in and I will donate and crosspost for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm

We're home,
we got 75mg of rimadyl (chewable, smells like dog treats) she gets half in the morning half at night
on top of her tramadol, which our vet said don't even look like tramadol...

He gave us the estimation of 2,700 and said we need a down payment of at least 1,400, the rest we can make payments on.
and said we can talk about spaying her when we get the down payment because it would be a lot on her body to do them both at the same time and he's unsure if that's a good idea since the operation is already going to have her out for two months doing anything, no walks, nothing.
he said he recommends just having her kenneled in the house during that time.

that's so long. Sad

Ill make a chip-in page right now.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Jiminy Cricket.... what an ordeal! This is when my Italian-no-shit-momma side comes out and I would just be busting down doors until someone took my dog in! Live and learn though-- now you know her warning signs of pain.

I hope you can come up with the money, and I would absolutely argue with the first vet to get your money back or at least partially refunded. Pay for the meds since you took them and used them, but the x-rays were taken wrong and it was a completely wrong dianosis. F*ck that sh*t.

Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Jeeze I would call up that first vet, how insane!

Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:42 pm

http://trillionsknee.chipin.com/trillions-knee-surgery

There is her chip-in.

I tried to post some photos but they're not showing up for me, are they showing up for anybody else?
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm

The photos arn't showing up Neutral

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Jasper, not sure if someone suggested it - i didnt' see it on the last two pages - but does your vet take care credit? http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I gave what I could, which wasn't much at all but I might be able to do more soon! Hope she gets better soon!!
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Jasper, not sure if someone suggested it - i didnt' see it on the last two pages - but does your vet take care credit? http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

Yeah we went over it, as far as i know they don't take it. but that doesn't really matter as vet #2 did and we did not qualify for it.
Sad
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:54 pm

LifeInSnowMotion wrote:
I gave what I could, which wasn't much at all but I might be able to do more soon! Hope she gets better soon!!

thank you!!
i don't know if you saw, but if you want to send me your name and adress and how much the donation was, Trillion, my boyfriend (duffy) and myself are going to make thank-you cards to everybody who donates.
pandactivity@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I also posted it on my facebook too Smile
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Maybe link this thread if it lets you in the chip in page? So they could read the whole story? Or would they need to all sign up in order to read this thread?
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Just post the chipIn link and when they click it they can read the story.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:02 pm

I linked this thread to the chip in page and now im going to upload the photos from her vet visits and her xray to the thread so they can see those as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trillion's knee post.   Trillion's knee post. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trillion's knee post.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next