It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some stranger came looking for Trillion..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. Empty
PostSubject: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 pm

My little sister (who's 9) was playing outside in the front yard with her two friends and some guy came by in a car and asked her where the Husky was.. (we only have one, Trillion) and she said inside and ignored the guy, the guy then asked where our parents were and my sister said inside and started to come in the house, the guy said he will be back and literary sped off in his car.

First thing i think of is.. that's REALLY creepy and alarming to me, why is this man looking for my dog? why does he need to know where our parents are? My mom went outside to see if he was there but she said she just saw him speeding down the road..

I don't know anybody from around here, i don't know why any man would be looking for my dog.

anyways we told my sister to never talk to people who come by in their cars and to just come inside if somebody aproches her like that again.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Careful! They steal huskies in the LA area to resell them or to use them as bait dogs for dog fighting. They've found people selling stolen dogs on venice beach. Sad
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

That is absolutely terrifying. I'd write down any information your sister can remember about the car and man for future reference. I'd definitely be keeping the dogs inside for a while (with Trillion's injury I'm sure he's inside anyways). Also, I'd consider calling the local police just so there is a record on file, depending on how concerned you are.

Very, very creepy.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:12 pm

My mom already asked about the guy and has the info in case he comes back, My sister also just said (as i just re-asked her what happened) that the guy said he would be back later today.

We have my moms dog buddy inside atm (labXgreyhound) and my brothers dog onyx (gsdxpoodle) is inside as well.
My brothers dog is the one that's usually outside ALL THE TIME she barks and chases away any dog/people that come twords my sister lol it's so funny because she's 5 months old.
and my moms dog is only outside when my mom is outside.

Trillions only out when im not home
(only now shes indoors with somebody else watching her since her accident.)

speaking of which vet time!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I agree very creepy..

Do document everything that happens.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Shocked That's extremely creepy!!!! I don't think I would even want to leave her home alone at all. Totally freaky!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm not that shocked. Just take every precaution to keep ALL the dogs safe. People can be real jerks, just try to be as careful as you can. I would also take your time to check before going outdoors from now on and use the backyard instead of the front. Also, have all member of the house and any neighbors you are relatively close to say there is no husky if someone asks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Would your sister recognize the car again if she saw it?

Who all would know your address and with a lame Husky at that?

Maybe the 1st vet is really pissed. affraid (hint don't let the person near Trillion)
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

I literary know nobody personally enough for them to know my address on my mountain. lol
Im not one for socializing unless it's with/for Trillion and sometimes ill socialize with my boyfriends friends lol....

Ill be keeping a close eye on all the dogs.
We were going to be going to Las Vegas soon (Not that i can drink or gamble or anything lol) and we were thinking about leaving Trillion at home, looks like now she will definitely coming with us!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

pandactivity wrote:
I literary know nobody personally enough for them to know my address on my mountain. lol
Im not one for socializing unless it's with/for Trillion and sometimes ill socialize with my boyfriends friends lol....

We were going to be going to Las Vegas soon (Not that i can drink or gamble or anything lol) and we were thinking about leaving Trillion at home, looks like now she will definitely coming with us!

People can get after me for this if they want, but a lot.if.us just donated to your dog because you can't afford surgery. I don't think a vacation is in order. I don't mean to be harsh, but I can't see how you can afford vacation but not your dogs surgery.

Sorry, just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
pandactivity wrote:

People can get after me for this if they want, but a lot.if.us just donated to your dog because you can't afford surgery. I don't think a vacation is in order. I don't mean to be harsh, but I can't see how you can afford vacation but not your dogs surgery.

Sorry, just my 2 cents.

I agree. Priorities.

Last edited by Freya's Mummy on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Megan has a good point.

Also my 2 cents..

Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:04 pm

If you looked at the post she isn't having surgery anymore...
and i didn't say when we were going... Soon meaning.. within the next few months...

and i posted about offering refunds for her surgery, if you want it now ill be glad to send it via Paypal

EDIT: it's also not a vacation we are taking my cousin out there to visit her family for one day.

Last edited by pandactivity on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I don't want a refund. Pay it forward.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I also do not want a refund just Pay it forward.

I believe the point Megan was making it that planning vacation on the heels of all the problems and lack of funds concerning Trillion just sounds funny and not very good planning..

Don't want to often you just wanted to make things clear.
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 pm

ljelgin wrote:

I believe the point Megan was making it that planning vacation on the heels of all the problems and lack of funds concerning Trillion just sounds funny and not very good planning..

No I understand.
Im just mentioning the fact that we never said when we were going plus this was planed way before Trillion got hurt, nor are we even paying for gas to get there.
I guess im just a little sensitive because iv been having a cow over Trillion and it turns out, she doesn't need the operation and now I feel like a royal @#!*$ because all these people donated money, and I feel like a bad person cause it's not even needed after all.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Back to the topic of the stranger coming past your house and looking for Trillion:

Just as a reminder for all of us...

I spent only 10-15 minutes searching through internet sites, starting with this one, going to your chip-in site and finally Facebook. I now know your last name, your boyfriend's full name and where he works. From Goggle+, I have your cell phone number as of a year ago (that may have changed). If I wanted to and took a few more hours, I'm pretty sure I could find your house even if you do live with your parents.

I know most of us have WAY too much info easily accessible to "the world"... which lest we forget... includes rapists and pedophiles and dog-nappers and thieves...

*shiver*
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm

pandactivity wrote:
ljelgin wrote:

No I understand.
Im just mentioning the fact that we never said when we were going plus this was planed way before Trillion got hurt, nor are we even paying for gas to get there.
I guess im just a little sensitive because iv been having a cow over Trillion and it turns out, she doesn't need the operation and now I feel like a royal @#!*$ because all these people donated money, and I feel like a bad person cause it's not even needed after all.
Again... just trying to be the voice of reason here... it has nothing to do with the fact that Trillion doesn't need the surgery, that people donated, or that you offered to give the money back. It has to do with priorities. You were so upset because you couldn't afford to pay for Trillion's surgery, and now you're telling us that you were always planning to go to Las Vegas to bring your cousin or whatnot. Those things cost money. For most of us.... our dog needing a surgery means that we forgo ANY plans, unnecessary expenses and do what we have to do (even if it means cancelling on family) in order to provide for our animals. I was less put off by the mention of you going to Vegas as I was by your comment that it was "planned well before Trillion needed surgery." To me... Vegas would have been cancelled so that I could provide for my dog.

I don't want apologies, I don't think they are necessary. What's more important to me is that a lesson is learned. It's not okay in my world to accept a handout just because I don't want to rearrange my priorities.

Anyway... this is the last I'm going to say on the topic. My whole point from the beginning was just making sure that EVERYONE has a Plan B, a Plan C... SOMEWAY to cover expenses in case of an emergency. Nothing is ideal when dealing with something like that, but we see too many dogs out there PTS because owners "have to surrender" or "can't afford" their animals anymore. There's a lesson to be learned. Learn it...and let's move on.

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Let's just contribute the money to me visiting Florida and Tori visiting CO. Good causes.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 pm

It's not okay in my world to accept a handout just because I don't want to rearrange my priorities.

Isn't that what our society and current government are based on....

Funny thing about priorities is yours <> mine. I think you made your point Tori. I won't even comment on your sarcasm Heather.

Sorry Jasper you are going through this scare on top of everything else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Go ahead and comment on it. You may as well with already saying something. I'm bored driving to AZ and cracking a joke since Tori and myself said we should do a chip in. I'd never seriously take money from anyone for anything. Not a big deal.

But I should be on topic and say that's very strange, especially considering you live on a mountain and it's not like those areas are super busy. But like someone said, the Internet makes it pretty easy to find anything- typing in a phone number in google can bring up your name and address.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
It's not okay in my world to accept a handout just because I don't want to rearrange my priorities.

What does that have to do with the government, Brian? Who said I condoned what the government does?

I never said that anyone wasn't allowed to have different priorities. However, there was defensiveness on both sides of the issue and that to me is just silly. Perhaps I should have said this before, and my apologies for not saying it... but Jasper getting upset about people being upset with her priorities is JUST as silly as someone who donated getting upset for Jasper's priorities.

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. Hailey10
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 am

Koda wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

What does that have to do with the government, Brian? Who said I condoned what the government does?

I never said that anyone wasn't allowed to have different priorities. However, there was defensiveness on both sides of the issue and that to me is just silly. Perhaps I should have said this before, and my apologies for not saying it... but Jasper getting upset about people being upset with her priorities is JUST as silly as someone who donated getting upset for Jasper's priorities.

the fact of the matter is my priorities with Trillion are completely different from the Priorities with my cousin.

My cousin is paying for the WHOLE trip to visit HER family. we are simply the taxi. we will be gone ONE day- this was planned before trillion got hurt (which was the 15th) we have not even made plans on when we are going to be gone for that whole 24 hours.. i was just mentioning we would be not home.. and when we leave Trillion will be coming with us.

Trillion, we had an emergency fund that we used up, people donated which was completely amazing now we don't need it and are looking to give refunds/donate it back to a rescue
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:26 am

Heather! wrote:
Go ahead and comment on it. You may as well with already saying something. I'm bored driving to AZ and cracking a joke since Tori and myself said we should do a chip in. I'd never seriously take money from anyone for anything. Not a big deal.

But I should be on topic and say that's very strange, especially considering you live on a mountain and it's not like those areas are super busy. But like someone said, the Internet makes it pretty easy to find anything- typing in a phone number in google can bring up your name and address.

FWIW, not even two weeks ago Tori addressed a concern regarding "highschool" behavior. Just in case you missed it.
Koda wrote:
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I do think there is something that needs to be addressed. Lately we've had an influx in post count-- which, while I normally am all for, it's also been detracting from the seriousness and maturity of this forum.

We are a friendly and informative place. We are here to help people and provide support. I'm getting a little tired of two things. 1) Posts where people are simply talking out of their ass and don't actually know a helpful solution to the problem. This contributes to misinformation and detracts from the seriousness of what we hope to provide here. In fact, many times it feels like the forum is being used as a soapbox for people who just like to hear themselves talk.

And 2) the respect level for Admin and Mods. This second point REALLY upsets me because it's Rule #3 of this forum. Failure to adhere to the rules results in warnings. 3 warnings result in a ban. I don't have this rule because I like to think I know it all. I have it because it creates a place where order can be maintained. When I have members talking back to staff members, continuing to perpetuate drama when blatantly asked to stop, or not seriously taking 30 seconds to THINK about what they are posting and contributing to our community, I get angry. Why? Because this isn't fucking high school anymore. We are adults and if you can't act like one, you have no business being here.

SO-- that being said. Let's move forward as friends and adults. Let's only post when we have something PRODUCTIVE to say (note that doesn't say positive-- we can still and will always disagree, but we should only be doing so when that helps to get to our common goal of helping our animals). Let's not sass each other just for the sake of being a dick-- and this goes to staff too (including myself). Because as we just saw, sassing someone doesn't actually get the point across.

I don't know about you all-- but I left high school and haven't looked back. I'm not going to start now.

In case you are wondering it can be found on the thread for She F*^%#!#$ BIT me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 am

I've had far too many beers to even start in on this TBH, though I would love to tear into this....

Heather knows the forums rules and understands them.

That being said she isn't saying anything a couple of us aren't thinking.

And I'm going to leave it at that.

~Chris AND Kelly~

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some stranger came looking for Trillion..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next