It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some stranger came looking for Trillion..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 am

Tika wrote:
I've had far too many beers to even start in on this TBH, though I would love to tear into this...

Oh yeah?...
Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 2012-06-22215050

I'll catch up on this one later. There's no way I'm keeping it straight right now.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 am

/bow down.

You sir have won Razz
I'm 14 beers into a case of 20..... but I can't do hard any more.... and Bacardi trumps my world any day Razz

~Lesigh~ Razz

You always make me laugh at least Ed Razz

~Chris~

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 am

mheath0429 wrote:
FWIW, not even two weeks ago Tori addressed a concern regarding "highschool" behavior. Just in case you missed it.

In case you are wondering it can be found on the thread for She F*^%#!#$ BIT me! Smile

Thank you, Megan but I think we have this under control Wink

Personally I feel this thread is getting off track. If we are going to discuss the issue with donations/priorities/responsibility let's do so in a its relevant thread. Please and thanks guys.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 am

Fair enough, Kristina. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:49 am

That is really creepy about the guy. Especially him having the guts to actually drive up in front of your home and talk to your sister about your dog...you should probably watch out for any cars you don't recognize around your home cause they might be staking out or something waiting for you to leave! You should definitely take Trillion with you to Las Vegas if you have that option and you certainly shouldn't have to be defending yourself on here as to why you're going in the first place, you're obviously doing the best you can on keeping her safe and taking care of her.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 am

My apologies, Kristina. I mean no disrespect to you, but I have to address this.
judalina wrote:
... you certainly shouldn't have to be defending yourself on here as to why you're going in the first place, you're obviously doing the best you can on keeping her safe and taking care of her.
I'm sorry-- when someone is asking for money, the people donating it ABSOLUTELY have the right to judge and ask questions. That's one of the side effects of asking. When we vote on school budgets we get a copy of where all the money is going. When you donate to a non-profit, by law they have to submit where all the money is going. You don't get to ask for money or help without opening yourself up to people asking questions. For those who donated, I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but I absolutely think that's their right to ask and to question.

pandactivity wrote:
My cousin is paying for the WHOLE trip to visit HER family. we are simply the taxi. we will be gone ONE day- this was planned before trillion got hurt (which was the 15th) we have not even made plans on when we are going to be gone for that whole 24 hours.. i was just mentioning we would be not home.. and when we leave Trillion will be coming with us.
Woah there Killer. See... if that was the case, why did you wait until now to say that? Why would you leave that out and let everyone get upset and think that you were planning a small vacation to Vegas? I get how hard and how scary this has been on you. When Koda ripped a hole in his side, I was petrified and that doesn't even come close to a $2700 surgery. But you HAVE to recognize the position you put yourself in. If you really couldn't afford the surgery in anyway on your own, asking for help was all you could do, but you need to STOP getting defensive when someone questions that. You can't open yourself up to judgement (by asking for donations) and then get angry when someone judges you. If I had been in your shoes, when someone questions Vegas, my response would have been, "Oh crap. I completely didn't realize how that came off. Nono, this is a trip that my cousin is paying for. She needs to visit her family but doesn't have car and doesn't want to pay for public transportation. So we are going to be her taxi, but she is paying for everything! I'd never ask for help if I didn't really need it." With that response (which as you just explained, it's the truth), you would have shut down any criticism and the conversation would have been over. But your defensiveness is just making people question what they have done.

Besides which, the whole Vegas thing also makes it seem like there was NO lesson learned in the face of this horrible situation. If Trillion doesn't need the surgery, you went to Vegas (before we found out that you weren't paying), and say something ELSE (god forbid) happened to Trillion... would we have been asked to donate again because you hadn't learned that you ALWAYS need a back-up plan? Do you see where people might have been uneasy about what you said? It's not that people are attacking you, but they ARE reacting to the way that YOU are portraying yourself. Some of us aren't as blindly accepting of the good in every situation. Some of us are a little more skeptical, and when asking kind-hearted people to donate, that is within their right to be so.

I have to admit this whole situation is foreign territory to me. While I'm touched at everyone's generosity, it's not an everyday occurrence. I worry about the precedent we are setting here, but I am happy to see so many people who just want the best for animals.

So like Kristina said, we should be getting back on topic, and my apologies for the thread hijack, but the animosity and defensiveness flying around need to be put in perspective. Jasper, you're in a tough situation, but it shows strength and maturity to accept it with grace and move on without being defensive.

On topic: I would definitely NOT be letting any dogs outside unsupervised and I personally would have called the cops and filed a police report. It's still not too late to do so.

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 am

you feel the need to address everything tori, thats the point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 am

Lordbroll wrote:
I'm sort of damned if I do and damned if I don't here... but I will say that that IS one of my flaws. I know that and I assure you that it is something that I'm working on personally and professionally.

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 am

Koda wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
I'm sort of damned if I do and damned if I don't here... but I will say that that IS one of my flaws. I know that and I assure you that it is something that I'm working on personally and professionally.

I don't see anything wrong with addressing issues like that. You ARE infact the owner of the thread....

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 2144500265
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

Fair enough. I just didn't care to be preached at about high school behavior and then read these types of posts. Making a point is okay but let it go especially when someone is already down and having a hard time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am

Tiff&Kya wrote:
Koda wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with addressing issues like that. You ARE infact the owner of the thread....

Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 2144500265

More importantly than you being the owner, you are supposed to be the voice of reason Tori. I would be worried if you didn't address issues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

pandactivity wrote:
My cousin is paying for the WHOLE trip to visit HER family. we are simply the taxi. we will be gone ONE day- this was planned before trillion got hurt (which was the 15th) we have not even made plans on when we are going to be gone for that whole 24 hours.. i was just mentioning we would be not home.. and when we leave Trillion will be coming with us.
Woah there Killer. See... if that was the case, why did you wait until now to say that? Why would you leave that out and let everyone get upset and think that you were planning a small vacation to Vegas? I get how hard and how scary this has been on you. When Koda ripped a hole in his side, I was petrified and that doesn't even come close to a $2700 surgery. But you HAVE to recognize the position you put yourself in. If you really couldn't afford the surgery in anyway on your own, asking for help was all you could do, but you need to STOP getting defensive when someone questions that. You can't open yourself up to judgement (by asking for donations) and then get angry when someone judges you. If I had been in your shoes, when someone questions Vegas, my response would have been, "Oh crap. I completely didn't realize how that came off. Nono, this is a trip that my cousin is paying for. She needs to visit her family but doesn't have car and doesn't want to pay for public transportation. So we are going to be her taxi, but she is paying for everything! I'd never ask for help if I didn't really need it." With that response (which as you just explained, it's the truth), you would have shut down any criticism and the conversation would have been over. But your defensiveness is just making people question what they have done.
[/quote]

OH MY GOD.
I understand Im sorry I did not realize i had to explain everything to you, I said afterwords that I wasnt paying for the whole trip and still it continued.
I didnt realize i had to spell it out for everyone.
It wasn't even my idea to ask for donations, although i did. it was suggested to me, I didn't even think about asking people, I was just updating and people started offering and then it was suggested.
however in saying that. if people didn't offer/suggest it.
I don't know how i would have gotten it done (if she still needed it) so thank you to those people. but it's not like I just came back from the vets office and was like OH HEY EVERYONE CAN YOU DONATE SOME MONEY TO TRILLIONS SURGERY, Like you are making it sound. on top of that you went into how people who donated should be able to ask questions, yes. but it looks like (by looking at the list of names please excuse me if im wrong) that did not donate.
but if anybody else who DID DONATE wants to ask me about anything else in my life that is completely and utterly unrelated to trillion or what i can afford in life right now please do go ahead.

Im defensive because I already feel bad, and you're making me feel worse even though i KNOW im not doing anything wrong because THIS IS NOT MY/MY BOYFRIENDS MONEY that is going to twords this trip.
and I have no idea how you got that im going on vacation out of the fact i said we were going to vegas. countering I added that I can't even drink/gamble so going to me is completely useless. adding more to the fact its NOT a vacation and then with the post after that, i said how IM NOT PAYING FOR IT.

back to topic: We are keeping the dogs out of the yard for a while and Trillion (when outside/no longer tied out though) will be in the back by my brothers 'house'
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm going to lock this thread so we can all take a breather.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some stranger came looking for Trillion..   Some stranger came looking for Trillion.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some stranger came looking for Trillion..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2