A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Mishka and Ashleigh!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM - December : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Mishka and Ashleigh,
our November HOTM Winners!
Contorted Huskies!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share | .
 

 PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
avatar

Male Join date : 2011-08-11
Location : Montreal, QC

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Quote :
I have been trying to stay on here every day, but I have to say this place is a complete hell hole.

I'm sorry you feel that way Megan, I really do. This place isn't for everyone and if you're not enjoying your time here it is best spent elsewhere.


Quote :
You make members 'under' you feel as if they shouldn't own a husky.

This however confuses me... This forum is built around the fact that our members are in love with Huskies, Mals, the northern breeds, or any dog for that matter. I can not recall the last time a member of this forum suggested someone not have a Husky or that we were better or more "elite" because we own one.

Yes, from time to time the forum and people in it advocate one point of view over an other. As people who care as much for dogs as we do this is only natural. If what anyone on this forum says is contrary to your personal beliefs or point of view then you are welcome to keep it.

A forum however is an open discussion, and people are also allowed to express their point of view and as long as it is done in a respectful manner it is very welcomed. Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make it a personal attack or make it rude. IN fact if you are not the OP you should NOT be getting BUTTHURT at all as it is just the forum responding to the original question.


Quote :
You need to start putting members in their place, because I'm not going to be a part of this tyranny where no ones thought counts except for the select few.

Every opinion matters, but you need to be open to the fact that people WILL NOT always agree with you and maybe, just maybe, there is a better way. That is why this forum exists. To hash out our problems and recommendations and come together as a community and deal with issues.

We aren't here to police but to keep the chat on topic and constructive.

Quote :
Every single time I see a couple of the 'elite' members post I know it is something completely uncalled for and that I shouldn't read their post, yet I do, and it makes my blood boil.

If you have a problem with a member talk to a Mod about why and what happened. We will look into it and find a course of action if there is one.

If you have a problem with an Mod or Admin go to a different one. We understand you won't lik everyone and we are here to help.

Full out attacks against any member of the forum or staff however WILL NOT be tolerated. The forum as well. It isn't constructive and it does nothing but raise the ire of members on the board to defend.



We are all adults, and as Adults we very much appreciate if people talk to us as such. Not screaming from the middle of a room about how much this place sucks.

~Chris~

_________________
Is this about the cake problem? What's the matter with you mathematicians, cake is never a problem. - Professor Lazlo
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-08-08
Location : Atlanta, Georgia

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 pm

It helps to remember that everyone (save a few exceptions) really means the best by their posts. No one sets out to make anyone feel like lesser of an owner or like they shouldn't own a husky. Everyone here cares tremendously about the breed and if it takes a little harsh wording to get the point across, then so be it.

It's also important to read each post with an open mind and a, somewhat, light heart. In the end, nothing anyone says here has to affect your daily life if you don't want it to. Like everything else on the Internet, if you don't like what you read, close your computer and leave it be for a day or two. Everyone means well, but if someone doesn't like what they read, they certainly don't have to listen.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm

@Mobezilla wrote:
@Heather! wrote:
I really don't know what has been so bad since this post has been revisited and I'm sorry you feel the way you do.
I feel like this has to be in relation to breeder posts and no one here when speaking on those topics has intentions to be rude or anything. They really don't. It's out of passion for this breed we all love.

The reason I said the things that I've said is because I feel that sometimes posts can get too out of control. I find it very judgmental. And no it wasn't the breeders post, but slightly. It is a combination of all these posts that turn into a heated argument that made me want to bang my head against the wall. I appreciate your respectful post back. I know I shouldn't fight fire with fire but yes, my post was quite rude. But I felt that it needed to be said.I wanted to continue being a part of the forum, however I know my post will draw a lot of unwanted, hateful attention. I hope that by bringing this up the forum can improve, but however I know things will probably not change.

Nobody want's to lose a member. I'm sure everyone here hopes you will change you're mind and decide to stay. It's always nice seeing posts from people on the regular and from those who can hold decent conversations without coming across negative. I'm sorry if I came across mean or rude in my previous post. I really love coming on this forum and have had the best experience on itsahuskything more than any other forum I've belonged to. I have learned so many things I never knew before and made some really nice friends and you're post came off the wrong way to me. I wasn't trying to get butthurt but I suppose everyone does every now and then Smile
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : Colorado Springs, CO

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

@katiesham wrote:

It's also important to read each post with an open mind and a, somewhat, light heart. In the end, nothing anyone says here has to affect your daily life if you don't want it to. Like everything else on the Internet, if you don't like what you read, close your computer and leave it be for a day or two. Everyone means well, but if someone doesn't like what they read, they certainly don't have to listen.

I like this and think it is great advice. I've disappeared and reappeared many-a times over the years to give myself time to cool down after something really rubbed me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Megan, I hope you know that even when I disagree with you I am in NO way attempting to be an elitist. I love all dogs and respect all the people who come here wanting to learn. I'm a lot of things but I am not an elitist or a nazi (different thread Razz ).

Please don't ever feel personally attacked. We are all passionate people and we all have a lot to learn, we never stop learning.

I'm not saying you meant me. But, if any of my posts ever came off as negative towards you I wanted you to know that nothing like that was ever meant. Sometimes, when we get really passionate about something we forget about the person outside of that argument.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-12-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

I think what everyone needs is a good long jog with their dogs. There is a serious lack of endorphin flow among the forum members right now. I challenge you all to go do something fun for you with your dog today. F*** the heated discussions on the forum, and your damn job, and the class schedule you can barely keep, and the laundry, and go PLAY. Go outside, and actually play, like a child, with your damn dog. For a couple hours. Get muddy, and grass stained, and all that crap.

Then we can come back to these discussions with a fresh mind.

In the words of televisions greatest host: "Seacrest, out!"
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2010-10-01
Location : Miami,FL

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:31 pm

@K9_Eric wrote:
I think what everyone needs is a good long jog with their dogs. There is a serious lack of endorphin flow among the forum members right now. I challenge you all to go do something fun for you with your dog today. F*** the heated discussions on the forum, and your damn job, and the class schedule you can barely keep, and the laundry, and go PLAY. Go outside, and actually play, like a child, with your damn dog. For a couple hours. Get muddy, and grass stained, and all that crap.

Then we can come back to these discussions with a fresh mind.

In the words of televisions greatest host: "Seacrest, out!"

Haha! Love this. After my evening runs with the pups I'm totally going to let them make a total mess out of me with the dirt in the yard Razz
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm

@MelissaI wrote:
@K9_Eric wrote:
I think what everyone needs is a good long jog with their dogs. There is a serious lack of endorphin flow among the forum members right now. I challenge you all to go do something fun for you with your dog today. F*** the heated discussions on the forum, and your damn job, and the class schedule you can barely keep, and the laundry, and go PLAY. Go outside, and actually play, like a child, with your damn dog. For a couple hours. Get muddy, and grass stained, and all that crap.

Then we can come back to these discussions with a fresh mind.

In the words of televisions greatest host: "Seacrest, out!"

Haha! Love this. After my evening runs with the pups I'm totally going to let them make a total mess out of me with the dirt in the yard Razz

Lol, these two posts made this thread for me. But anywho I digress. This whole discussion has a lot of things I'd like to agree with. I've found some comments are better kept to yourself and some people tend to forget that in their day to day lives. "Some of the worst things have been done with the best intentions." Just try and keep that in mind when responding. There are many ways to say one thing and I don't think everyone here is out to prove how much they know. It's just in the interest of sharing knowledge we can forget how things may sound to others especially with out a tone of voice or a facial expression to back it up.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
avatar

Female Join date : 2009-12-13
Location : South Fl

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Take this for what it's worth and this is me posting as someone who has been around forums for quite some time now... There are always going to be little issues. Always. We are a group of people with just ONE common element: our dogs. This particular breed specifically. That leaves a HUGE grey area between all of us. It is impossible for us to always agree, to always get along, to always avoid conflict... it's impossible.

This forum probably has the least drama and least amount of "elitist" people out of all groups/forums I have been on. And I am not just saying this because i'm a "mod."

Tori, Chris, Val, Jenn, Mere, and myself try... we really try to keep the peace and keep everyone talking COMFORTABLY... But we cannot be here all the time and police/restrict all conversation. And quite honestly we don't want to have to restrict any conversation. We just want everyone to be accepting of other peoples opinions and not bash them in with a hammer. If something rings wrong to you, or you don't agree, or anything... Please feel free to express your opinion... but do so with courtesy and respect!

_________________
Force Free Training Thread
Cheyenne, Mishka, Mickey, Rodeo, & Odin

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : Colorado Springs, CO

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm

@arooroomom wrote:
We are a group of people with just ONE common element: our dogs. This particular breed specifically. That leaves a HUGE grey area between all of us.!

Not us I love you

Haha, I had to. /offtopic
Back to top Go down
Camoger
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-01-18
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

@arooroomom wrote:
We just want everyone to be accepting of other peoples opinions and not bash them in with a hammer. If something rings wrong to you, or you don't agree, or anything... Please feel free to express your opinion... but do so with courtesy and respect!

Thanks for clearing this up. In the short time I've been here I was given the impression that because I'm new and don't have any friends my opinion doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Everyone's opinion matters! We are all here to learn and to be better dog parents! At least that's why I'm here. I learned something new just this morning in a thread! Lol never be afraid to express your opinions, never be afraid to admit when your wrong, and never be afraid to ask questions. We are all here for the same reason, because we love our pups beyond words and we want to better ourselves and help others in the process Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-12-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Apparently nobody ever told Brooke to never say never...

Still... very powerful. Like when Leonidas's wife addresses the Senate in 300.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Lorna, we became friends, most of us, because we challenged each other. We asked each other questions and decided to take the friendship to facebook and now I have had a few people come out to my house.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 pm

@K9_Eric wrote:
Apparently nobody ever told Brooke to never say never...

Still... very powerful. Like when Leonidas's wife addresses the Senate in 300.

Just trying to be uplifting Smile And I've never seen that movie so I don't know if that's a good reference or a bad one haha Razz
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-11-03
Location : San Antonio, TX

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 am

Brooke, its a good reference, a great compliment (and I think you should see the movie now!!!)

Anyways, I'll add my two cents. This forum is amazing! And I'm not just saying that. I run another forum (not a dog one) and its ridiculous the way we have to coddle people. We also have teenagers on our forum, so for me, itsahuskything is a breath of fresh air. I can come here and have adult conversations and learn things about the breed that I never knew. Its amazing the amount of knowledge here. I've never felt judged or unwelcome in the slightest and I will say I was worried at first because I purchased from a breeder and some forums are very against that and can be very mean to people who purchase from breeders (not only in the dog world either). So I just want to say that what you guys are doing is amazing and I thank you for a job well done!!!
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-12-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 am

It was definitely a light hearted joke, followed up with a compliment Smile
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 am

@K9_Eric wrote:
It was definitely a light hearted joke, followed up with a compliment Smile

Razz thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 am

@cinnamonbits wrote:
Brooke, its a good reference, a great compliment (and I think you should see the movie now!!!)


Totally going to steal it from my Bf! haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:35 am

@K9_Eric wrote:
Apparently nobody ever told Brooke to never say never...

Still... very powerful. Like when Leonidas's wife addresses the Senate in 300.

I need to rematch that movie, I remember precious little from it other than the dancing oracle.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:41 am

haha I've seen the parody 300 haha but not the actual feature film Laughing sry about the hijack! lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Heather!
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : Colorado Springs, CO

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 am

I'm about to flame Brooke for going years without seeing 300.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Santa Cruz, California

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 am

HAHAHA ok this weekend it's on my list, after the football game Cool ill let you know when I see it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
katedavis
Newborn
Newborn


Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 am

Agree ..100%

Read and noted Smile
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Male Join date : 2013-03-06
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 am

Evening All,

Just joined the site after reading numerous post helping me out on training "Meeka". I understand this is not the thread to post my question, but why cannot I create a thread posting a question?

Must I be a member for some time? (Probation Period).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   

Back to top Go down
 

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 Similar topics

-
» This category features travellers who are planning new overland ventures worldwide. Read here to see how YOU can benefit from this forum
» NEW DATABASE FOR SEED EXCHANGE PLEASE READ
» Another 4x4 overland travel forum...........
» Forum RPG
» POLL: How did you find the SFG Forum?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: Announcements-