It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diamond Hi-Energy dog food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

Female Join date : 2012-05-26

food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 pm

So me and Jereomy asked the people we got Aurora from what type of dog food they feed her and they said diamond and me and jereomy are think of switching aurora back to it but we arent really sure that is what we want to do. I have looked online at reviews but cant really find any. the people we go aurora from have nothing but positive things to say about it. they feed it to there 6 dogs and there two huskies love it.

Right now we feed Aurora pedigree but it always feels like we are buying dog food every week. We dont feed her alot but we dont get a real big bag b.c it cost so much. and i know Diamond coast $24 for a 50lb. bag down the street from our house.

so right now we are trying to figure out what is best for aurora. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Well Diamond other then the recalls would be a better product then pedigree. i don't think your costco there carries the grain free food yet. i would opt for a grain free food over any thing.

Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah what i have found about diamond i like and we are still trying to get aurora weight up from when we go her she was super skinny and she is getting there it is just taking forever. and the people we got her from give here mom and the other female dog they have diamond hi-energy to help them get there weight back after having the puppys nurses off them and they look really heathy now and have alot of energy. Me and jereomy are going to go and look at the place that sells diamond to see what kinds they have.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:17 pm

If you can steer clear of low quality kibbles, that would be the best option.

Do you have a tractor supply near you? 4health would be an affordable option and since it is much higher quality than pedigree you will feed less and the bag will last longer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:20 pm

ummm i think we do. we have alot of farm supple stores.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:25 pm

http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/nav/cat1/petcare/0

In your area its about 29.99 for a 35lb bag - that should be able to last you a very long time AND its a decent food at an affordable price.
Back to top Go down
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm

k thank you. i showed jereomy and he is the one who is going to make the final choice on what we get.
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 pm

My 2 are on diamond as well but it's the naturals formula. They do great on it and it's only $29 for a 40 lb. bag. It does contain rice but that is the only grain in it. It has 4 out of 5 stars on dogfoodadvisor.com.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/diamond-reg-naturals-trade-chicken-rice-formula-for-adult-dogs-40-lb-bag-5054575
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:37 pm

You can compare foods and their ingredients at:

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

I like the 4-5 star foods. Like Megan already proved, you can get a decent food for about $1 per pound.

If you want to avoid Diamond, since it have had some scary recalls recently, you may want to look at Whole Earth Farms (by Merrick) or NutriSource.

Premium Edge (very similar to 4health), 4health and Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul (that's just a dumb name!) are all Diamond products, but also sell for around $1 per pound.
Back to top Go down
TooManyHuskies
...is a fool

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Victor is the best of the high value foods without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
TooManyHuskies
...is a fool

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

mheath0429 wrote:

Do you have a tractor supply near you? 4health would be an affordable option and since it is much higher quality than pedigree you will feed less and the bag will last longer.

How do you know 4Health is better? If you have the results of a controlled feeding trial comparing the two including blood and urine analysis I would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
theredofshaw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

never thought to check tractor supply...not used to having those around. and thanks to Lisa for that link for comparing the foods. Will definitely be utilizing that in the coming months.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 pm

TooManyHuskies wrote:
mheath0429 wrote:

How do you know 4Health is better? If you have the results of a controlled feeding trial comparing the two including blood and urine analysis I would love to see it.

Please don't be a troll. I was trying yo be helfpul
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 pm

TooManyHuskies wrote:

Why don't you practice what you preach? All you do is come on here and spout off that certain brands are the only brands that should be fed and every single other brand is crap. Not once have you given any evidence that the food you put up on a pedestal is superior, and you're rude and abusive to people who have spent countless hours researching the true facts behind what they say. Learn how to be civil and respect other people, or don't bother posting.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 pm

TooManyHuskies wrote:
Victor is the best of the high value foods without a doubt.

Requesting results of blood and urine testing from Megan's suggestion and then not offering us similar results from your suggestion is a tad hypocritical.

I would actually like to know more about Victor, but I was not even able to find a vendor online or near me. Sometimes you just have to stick with the "popular" brands because that's what's available.
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 pm

food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food 931307 Smile
Back to top Go down
KodaYoda.12
Newborn
Newborn
KodaYoda.12

Male Join date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 am

Kim Koda's breeder had him on Diamond, and thats all we've ever used, and now with our new adoption (Kovu) we even weaned him to Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. We did make a mistake by buying the Extreme Athlete dog food which I guess was a big no no, because its mainly for the working dog and is very high in protein which isnt good if they're not working it off, and our two are far from working. (THATS WHAT WE WERE TOLD, not facts from my mouth) Smile

Anywhooo Diamond has made Kovu go from 52lbs when we got him to 60lbs on his last vet visit, and thats on a scheduled diet. It's a premium brand and ill continue to use it, but im no sales rep.
So it really boils down to what you want to feed Aurora and what you think is best for her. Just keep doing research and you'll figure something out just my .02 and trying to help.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:38 pm

mheath0429 wrote:

I feed mine 4Health. They are on the Salmon and potato. It is just a bit more at $34.99 a bag but still $12 cheaper than Taste of the Wild. Well actually it's cheaper than that since the 4Health is a 35# bag vs TOTW's 30# bag. I had three dogs on the TOTW but I was having to buy two bags a month so it was a bit more than I wanted to spend so I switched them to 4Health. I do not see any difference in the dogs since switching. At first, I thought 4Health was giving one of my dogs some gas but that lasted only about a week or so. We have been on the 4Health since April, I think, and there has been no more gas issues and they seem to be thriving on it. Their coats look great! Now that my son took his dog with him, I am feeding two adult dogs on the 35# bag and it lasts 4.5 weeks. If I can find the post I will link it...a member on here mentioned that the Salmon is the best option for huskies since that was their main diet with the Chukchi people. That stuck with me so I'm willing to pay the extra $5 a bag to stick with the Salmon option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Hi-Energy dog food   food - Diamond Hi-Energy dog food Empty

Back to top Go down

Diamond Hi-Energy dog food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1