It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky needs home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:38 pm

We have a beautiful Brown and White male that needs a good home. He is around 11 months old and house broke. He's been neutered. He would be a great pet for someone with the room for him.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Where are you located at?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Where are you located?
Is there a re-homing fee?
Why are you re-homing him?

I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to help if you could provide some more details. Very Happy

Husky needs home Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:46 pm

I am in Texas. But am willing to work around that. We want to rehome him because we live in a small apartment and go to college. He was not the right choice of a pet for the situation. I would want to know he is going to a good more suitable home. I was not planning to charge a rehoming fee.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 pm

could you please post some pictures?
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes I will be glad to post some pictures. Thanks for the interest.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Any personality traits that should be known about in advance? We all own huskies, so it's hard to surprise us... but it's also your time to be honest.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm

It's been my mom posting until now so here's the full situation. I live in Texas and go to college as well as work a part time job. Last semester was pretty crazy with trying to find people to watch him and making sure he got enough exercise. I also live in a pretty small apartment. He is crate trained and loves his crate but I still feel bad when I have to leave him in there for 5 hours at a time. He is my best friend and it's going to break my heart to give him away but I honestly think it would the best thing for both of us. He loves to swim, I take him to the river here during the summer. He does ...okay... when off a leash but you always to have some treats handy. He is highly motivated by food which makes learning new things a snap. He was house broken when I brought him home at 10 weeks. We go to the dog park almost every day so he is socialized. I have seen some crazy huskies and honestly he is on the calmer side though he is a little shy. The only annoying thing is that he is very vocal. Definitely an entertaining dog though. He's up to date on shots and the recent heart worm test was negative. He is neutered. He does have a ear infection as you can see in the photos but I'm giving him medicine so hopefully it clears up in a few days.

Husky needs home RORI

Husky needs home RORI2
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Do you know how he would be with a 1 yr old? We are looking to adopt one.. Ours just passed away....
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 pm

jaxypooh wrote:
Do you know how he would be with a 1 yr old? We are looking to adopt one.. Ours just passed away....

Honestly, I have no idea. I can tell you he is really good with kids around 5 or 6. He is a puppy still and is very playful. He is definitely not aggressive but he is a decent size dog with a lot of energy.
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:56 pm

I just sent you a private message with our number to call us!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Oh my GOD he looks just like our JACK!!!! if it were not for the mask i would say they are brothers!!!
Husky needs home Sierra_jack-1
Husky needs home Jack_9
Please let me know if you have any issues finding him a home Smile
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:01 pm

I think we have found him a good home. I will update the post when it happens. Thank for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:22 pm

With jaxypooh?! That would be AWESOME if this site helped to make a match Smile

Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm

you should message bonfire huskies on here...i know they were looking for another one :-) if i could i would take him but the travel from here to TX would be crazy to come and get him and i dont feel right shipping an animal! but i will ask around beautiful pup~!
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 pm

We are really looking forward to meeting him on Saturday and hopefully he will join our family.. Our Jax just passed away and it just isn't the same without a talking husky around! We have lots of love to give and three kids so he wil be well entertained..
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:44 pm

firefighter~ do you have a pug and a husky? Do they play wel together? I love pugs but our husky played to rough and too much for a pug.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm

jaxypooh wrote:
We are really looking forward to meeting him on Saturday and hopefully he will join our family.. Our Jax just passed away and it just isn't the same without a talking husky around! We have lots of love to give and three kids so he wil be well entertained..

This is great to hear.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 am

jaxypooh,
yea they play a little rough for our pug but she has been a member of our family for almost 5 years so she has to take it! LOL its rough on her and sometimes i have to separate them so she can catch her breath and relax! She has lil scabs all on her poor back from snipers puppy teeth! but they get along well and nap together and run outdoors together! i would love to have another husky but it will have to wait. we are fixing to build our first home in february and they will have plenty of space! we have tons of yard space right now but they cannot run free because of the road! im scared to death if either one of them were to get hit by a car i couldnt live with myself. we are gonna try and have a fenced in yard at our new property. depends on $$ but welcome again and look forward to hearing more from you
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Yay jaxy! Hope all goes well! We're rooting for you down here in Florida!

Wow he is so handsome! Makes me want to hop on a plane and bring him home! Hehe
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm so exicited to here that it all works out well!!! i hope Sat goes well, He is such a cute boy i as will would be taking drive to TX to pick him up if no one wanted him.
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:31 pm

My son and I are also excited in a bitter/sweet sort of way. The new home sounds like it will be a really good one. It is so amazing that we post on this site that goes out to who knows where and find a family that lives within a few miles of me. Small world. We will keep everyone posted and thanks for all your support.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'm so pleased that our site could bring you together! And what are the odds of you two joining and posting on the same day?! It was meant to be, I think Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Well that is great to know they live so close that means you can still kind of still have him in your life and get to see him maybe every now and then if they don't mind, and feel free to stick around here and see pictures of him, and all our huskies Smile i still send email updates to the people we got Sierra from so they can see she is doing great, in fact in the next month or so we are going to get together with them, it will be all most a year since we adopted her.
Back to top Go down
rorygm
Newborn
Newborn

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 pm

That's great that you've stayed in touch and are getting together, hopefully we can do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Husky needs home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky needs home   Husky needs home Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky needs home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next