It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Good news and Updates with a few pics :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Empty
PostSubject: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Well I know I havent updates much latley but I have been super busy and I have a few moments right now and decided I would give everyone a heads up on life on my side of the tracks here,

Isis has been doing extremely well, she is ignoring Roxy now but acting normal again, playing, cuddling everything, she is gaining weight as needed also Smile We go on thursday for her follow up appointment.

My vet is going to go to city hall this week and find out what needs to be done in order to make this thing a legit rescue Smile He wants me to come up with a name and I have been thinking perhaps One Love, One Life El Paso, Tx Animal Rescue, the logo will be a big paw print and the pad of the paw will be a heart with the O.L.O.L name in it and art of axel and isis on each side of the paw since those two are my first rescues. What yall think? Here are some sample of some WIP for logos, I am liking the one in the middle with the upside down paw print in the shape of a heart with the two dogs on each side...
Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Khitonrescuelogosketche

Also I have some good news, My best friend has a severly autistic son and everytime she comes to visit with her kids he is a kid again with Roxy, he will talk to her, and he has had less seizures and episodes, she really brings him out of his shell so me and her talked it over for the past few days and the state is going to train roxy to be a certified therapy dog for him <3 This makes me so, proud and happy and just, I dont know, just feels really good Smile

Also some more awsome news!
My sister has gotten into helping animals and is right now nursing two dogs back to health and happiness, one is a male senior pitbull and some mixed female, both are so skinny and scared of people but here are some photos of them today, they are gaining some weight but both are still skinny, the mixed girl is badly skinny, her spine sticks out horribly, her hips and rib area is so thin it looks tight like the bones will break through :/ both of their ears are bitten up by flies I think, we cleaned them and have put some antibiotic creams on them Smile

Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Scaled.php?server=338&filename=dsc0625sj
Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Scaled.php?server=824&filename=dsc0627s
Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Scaled.php?server=440&filename=dsc0624q
Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Scaled.php?server=703&filename=dsc06292s
Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Scaled.php?server=405&filename=dsc06312u
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Well look what you have done? You have taken one kindness, rescuing your Isis, and you have turned it something amazing! I am so impressed with what you are doing and you are only 27 years old! People are so quick to talk down to our younger people, and here you are! What you did for Isis, your sister is now doing for two more, and hopefully on it goes! You go girl!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Smile Thanks, its hard work having 6 kids being pregnant and trying to do all this, but its worth it and it makes me happy and also teaches my kids to love and cherish animals and how to care for them, also what to do if they see an animal in need.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Wow great news.. you have done a wonderful job with all of this..

Love the fact that you will be able to train Roxy to be a therapy dog.

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 pm

MetalMama wrote:
Smile Thanks, its hard work having 6 kids being pregnant and trying to do all this, but its worth it and it makes me happy and also teaches my kids to love and cherish animals and how to care for them, also what to do if they see an animal in need.

Wow it's an even greater accomplishment then!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 pm

I love you me too, Im so proud of my lil girl.

LOL just thought you wanted to hear something funny, my daughter is hovering right here over my shoulder and i hear her say behind me "wooooah look that dog has three arms! Look, one, two, three (pointing to the hind leg that kind does look like its in the neck LOL) kids these days :p
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Wow! That is amazing! You are truly meant to have Isis. Your doing amazing things with a full work load already. That is inspiring. Thank you for the great things your putting out there!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Nah, the way I see it, I have to lead my kids by example, I want them to cherish all life whether its animal or human, I want them to see no differences, I grew up with an animal torturer, my father would literally kill my animals in front of me and make me put them in trash bags, when I was 6,7,9 yrs old, I always swore I would try to save any animal I could.
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 pm

That is very sad! I can't. Imagine going through that. I've only had my furbaby for a few months and worry constantly about her. I'm glad your kids have a good example!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Updates with a few pics :)   Good news and Updates with a few pics :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news and Updates with a few pics :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1