It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Good News & Bad News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

Female Join date : 2011-01-17

Good News & Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 am

Good News: I just got a job! Woo hoo! Finally Smile Working at a horse barn to start, but the owners of the horse barn are opening up a Doggy Day Care, and asked if I would be interested in that as well Smile So I'll be able to bring Reiko to work with me. Now if I could only get him to stop trying to bite horses faces...

Bad News: My parents have to re-home my horses because of financial reasons, so I drove up last weekend to say goodbye Sad . We had a little photoshoot..

Ikeda & Me

Good News & Bad News IMG_7568

Ikeda, Dave, & I

Good News & Bad News IMG_7584

Mom, Shadow & I

Good News & Bad News IMG_7631

Me & My boy, Eko.

Good News & Bad News IMG_7641
Good News & Bad News IMG_7642
Good News & Bad News 196852_10150452964850416_546260415_17577504_2775614_n

Some others from the weekend..

Reiko

Good News & Bad News IMG_7535

The Fam

Good News & Bad News IMG_7496
Good News & Bad News IMG_7474
Good News & Bad News IMG_7521

Reiko & I

Good News & Bad News IMG_7537

I hadn't realized this was going to be mostly pictures... probably should have out this in the Scrapbook place...
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:32 am

Aw so sorry to hear about the horses. My best friend has a horse and it's a serious amount of money they require!

Reiko is such a doll!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:56 am

SUCKS about the horses Sad I'm so sorry to hear that Sad

But the job sounds great! Good luck with Reiko around the horses! Koda is a PITA. LOL.

Good News & Bad News Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:36 pm

What a bittersweet post. I'm so happy for your new job and being able to bring Reiko to work with you is wonderful. Yet sorry to hear that the horses had to go, I take it they are all going to a good home or homes? Will you be able to still visit them on occasion?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 pm

awww i'm so sorry about your horses =(
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks everyone! Yes, they are all going to good homes Smile

So far the job has gone .. well. I'm a little uncomfortable that I have to work alone, especially since there is a crazy mare that tries to kick me every chance she gets. She also jumps out of her paddock, and escapes from her stall on a daily basis. Woo hoo..

On the plus side, there are two baby horses, and a mini donkey that are soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:58 am

Reiko has great markings, beautiful dog. Good luck with the new job Smile

My boy is great with the Horses, excuse the dirt, he was digging around the troughs Mad
Good News & Bad News IMG_2363
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you!

That's great that he's so good with horses. What's your secret?? lol
Back to top Go down
Nero
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am

He's always been more inquisitive as opposed to aggressive so maybe that helped but even with Cattle hes great...Does Reiko have much direct exposure to Horses, I mean up close n personal? When Nero was smaller he used to sometimes become afraid due to the sheer size difference, but then again some Horses don't like him either so there is often tension there. Maybe Reiko is having the same issues?

Good News & Bad News 100920101731
Good News & Bad News 030920101716
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Love the pic of Nero on the fence. First thought that came to mind was ......."Come 'ere cow we gotta talk."

We have a horse farm right in the middle of the village (told you were a small town) and Biko always wants to get into the fence area for a better view, but I have no idea if he would be passive or aggressive. So I'm waiting for the day when the horses come up closer for a better view first.
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 am

I've only had him for 5 months, so I never had the chance to work with him when he was younger, so I have no idea what his experience would have been there. All the horses he has met have been curious of him, they all seemed to like him until he takes a snap at their nose Razz My parents place is 5 hours away, so he doesn't get to be around horses often enough to get him over that.
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:13 am

I was always fond of horses back then but I never touch one all my life. It would be cool to ride one. I wish I have a horse and I will make sure that Sibhee won't bite any horse face. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News & Bad News   Good News & Bad News Empty

Back to top Go down

Good News & Bad News

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1