It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Neglected Husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

Neglected Husky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 am

Why do idiots like this have pets?! I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her out there all alone in the horrible weather. She'd be "escaping" again real soon *wink wink*. I hope you she gets outta there and ends up with you. Owner should be smacked with a cruelty to animals charge with those sores and marks around her neck. Since animal control doesn't seem to care, would the police look into it? Local SPCA? You could lie and say the dog is outside crying, barking, making tons of noise in the rain, no food, obvious wounds on her, etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Beki
Newborn
Newborn
Beki

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 am

i really do wish i knew. i can't stand it either, and i'm trying everything to get her out of that place. those are all true though(except for making noise-she's a pretty quiet dog, though i probably wouldn't know because i don't live close enough). yeah, one of the reasons why i would prefer to have legal actions taken is so that the owner knows that treating a dog like that is NOT okay. i'll see if i can get them involved somehow if the owner doesn't show up soon.
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

I know you're doing all you can. She's blessed to have YOU concerned about her no matter what ends up happening. Too many people just look the other way. It's so sad. Thanks for caring about her Smile
Back to top Go down
Beki
Newborn
Newborn
Beki

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:32 am

JillC wrote:
Too many people just look the other way.

they really do-all of their close neighbors who live just across the street or right next to them know of her condition and don't do a thing! when she escapes they just leave her wandering. they're lucky to have husky like her-when she breaks her chain, she wanders off for a while then comes right back. i know a lot of huskies run off and are never seen again. i don't think it's because of insecurity, as she'd have to be with them for quite a while to be in the state she's in.

and of course, any animal lover would've done the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayjill
Newborn
Newborn
Kayjill

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 am

Thank god for people like you! Things should be done about people that treat any animal this way, its discusting!!!

I really hope animal control sort this and that you get to rescue her from all the bad stuff she is experiencing. There is just no reason to treat animals like this. Its lovely that you have such a big heart to want to save her, alot of people wouldnt care and would just assume its the owners problem!

DISCUSTING! I hope she finds her way to you sooner rather than later Beki! <3
Back to top Go down
ArkansMom
Newborn
Newborn
ArkansMom

Female Join date : 2011-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Best of luck, i hope your animal control comes through. However, you should possibly be prepared to be very frustrated. AC is extreamly limited on what they can do with any cases that dont have direct physical abuse or total abandonment. Their specifications for acceptable dog care is access to water and some form of 'shelter' (even a tarp propped up on sticks is considered 'shelter'). Even if these criteria arn't present, the owner typically receives several warnings before an animal is seied. We went to war recently with some people in a trailer park who were keeping their beagle in a 4x4 rabbit hutch (through the winter!!). Animal control was unable to act, as the dog had decent body weight, had water, and was 'sheltered'. Unfortunatly there is no law against outside dogs, even in january. I finally ended up going in kind of undercover and buying the dog from these people. This may be your best bet....have a friend do it if you think these people might be opposed to you. Does she have any sort of shelter out there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neglected Husky   Neglected Husky - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Neglected Husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2