It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? S1707a10
Well since we got my GSD from the GSD Rescue I get frequent updates on dogs looking for their forever homes. Well the other day I noticed a not so German Shepard Dog, but a husky, and a beautiful one at that. If I still lived in the area I would probably try to get her myself but they don't adopt outside of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Sad I tried to get mom and dad to adopt her, or at least foster but they really are not up for a husky. I copied the information for the website, but heres the link to the website as well! I would love to see someone take in this sweet girl!!

http://www.gsdrescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=4953941

Name: Skylar
Rescue ID: 2012-115
Adoption Fee: 250.00
Species: Dog
Breed: Husky (medium coat)
Color: Black and White
Sex: Female (spayed)
Current Size: 40 Pounds
Potential Size: 60 Pounds
Current Age: 7 Months (best estimate)
Activity Level: Highly Active
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor Only
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Cats: No
Good with Kids: Yes
Housetrained: Yes

~7-8 months old. Good with older considerate children and dogs. Not good with cats.

Meet Skylar, she’s a beautiful, well, uh, Husky! Husky you ask, on a German Shepherd website? Well we found her as a stray, scared to death but wanting to trust so badly. Since we already foster GSD’s we thought we could add a Husky to the mix, plus none of the local Husky rescues answered our pleas for help! She’s a super sweet girl, a little shy with new people though as I think someone grabbed at her collar a few too many times. She’s a Husky through and through, she loves to run, play, and especially talk. You heard me talk, in fact I should’ve named this girl Chatty Cathy because she talks ALL THE TIME! LOL She gets along with 7 other dogs, she’s house and crate trained although she’s not fond of the crate. She tried to chew her way out the first week or two but has now realized that mom doesn’t take no for an answer. She goes in when you tell her and even eats breakfast and dinner in her crate. She’s a serious couch potato and don’t even think of keeping her off the bed, she’s going to sleep with you whether you like it or not!
I do not know how she is with cats, most Huskies have a prey drive or at least like to chase, I can imagine Skylar isn’t much different. She’s maybe 7-8 months old and like other pups she loves to chew. I try and keep plenty of hooves around and she’s really good about just chewing those but sometimes those stuffed toys and dog beds are just too much to bear and she’ll try and de-stuff them. Keep an eye on her and keep valuables locked away and you’ll be fine. She’s a smart girl but like the average Husky doesn’t always like what you tell her making her a bit of a challenge to train. She’s scared on a leash and scared in the car but it’s honestly nothing exposure and experience won’t cure, she could use a good obedience class even if it’s just for socialization with people.
Skylar needs a home with someone that has previous Husky experience, Huskies aren’t the dog for everyone and can be very challenging at times. Also she needs a home with another dog, without cats and no children under the age of 8 years old. She is spayed, up to date on vaccines, heartworm preventative, and microchipped.
If you are interested in Skylar please fill out our adoption application, the application and adoption fees are still required even though she’s a Husky.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

She is a beauty! I wish I could give her a good home, but I have too many dog's as it is. I'm sure she will find a great home with that organization.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

I sure hope so. I bet she is a great dog, but I have total faith in GSDResuce. It is a great organization. I just hope she doesn't get over looked because she isn't a GSD.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:39 pm

It's my black and white girl! I wish I could take her. I'mma show her to Bob...
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
It's my black and white girl! I wish I could take her. I'mma show her to Bob...

Oh, Sabaka would love you forever if you brought her home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 pm

So GSD rescue sent out a message today, urgent to find someone to adopt Skyler. I guess adopting her out is not going as easy as initially thought. Her foster parents are not very farmilier with the breed and are having a hard time with her. They new someone with Husky experience to take her.

I would, but I live outside of the adopting area but if someone in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia area has room or knows someone the lets please try and find this sweet girl a home.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Good News!

My parents attended the annual GSD Rescue picnic today, and got to meet Skyler. They both fell in love with her, but also know that they are not ready to take on a Husky (after pet-sitting Kota for a weekend). My parents are both very well known in the GSD Rescue community, as they have been part of it for a several years, and were able to talk to a couple of people who agreed to let my fiance and I start the adoption process even though we are out of there adopting "area". They said their guidelines for getting Skyler adopted are different because she is not "technically" part of the rescue because she is not a GSD.

So after hearing this, you can expect my excitement. I have wanted this girl since the day they posted her on their website and we are actually looking at getting her now!

Mom talked to the lady that is currently fostering Skyler, said was was crate trained and potty trained already, as well as spayed. I guess she has been a great dog for her foster family, to the point they have thought about keeping her if all else failed. They really wanted someone with husky experience to take her thought because they know that with a house full of GSD they dont really have the time to dedicate to training a husky.

She seemed like a very nice lady, and we all know her from the rescue, so hopefully by beginning of November sometimes we will be bringing Skyler home to live with us, and we are very very excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?   Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Around North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia?!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1