It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 pm

paleobones wrote:
Oh boy! The rage on this thread is crazy Shocked If fools want to buy over priced mutts so be it.

Strongly disagree. We should be educating people because we know better. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
paleobones wrote:
Oh boy! The rage on this thread is crazy Shocked If fools want to buy over priced mutts so be it.

Strongly disagree. We should be educating people because we know better. Just my two cents.

You're not educating them ranting on here, all your doing is drawing attention. I didn't look at their website because it doesn't need another hit. People who like new trendy things don't give a rats ass about morals and ethics. The people who spend 2+ grand on a trendy new "breed" aren't buying a companion or even a pet they are buying an accessory and will dump it when the next hot new trendy "breed" arises. They will never change. Ever.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:56 pm

paleobones wrote:
mheath0429 wrote:
paleobones wrote:

You're not educating them ranting on here, all your doing is drawing attention. I didn't look at their website because it doesn't need another hit. People who like new trendy things don't give a rats ass about morals and ethics. The people who spend 2+ grand on a trendy new "breed" aren't buying a companion or even a pet they are buying an accessory and will dump it when the next hot new trendy "breed" arises. They will never change. Ever.

I didn't rant.

And yes, you can make some people change. You are putting everyone who buys these dogs in one category, which isn't fair nor is it realistic. Plenty of people buy labradoodles and yorkie poos. Do I agree with this? No, not in the least bit. However, some of these people have no idea what health testing is and what a realistic price is for a puppy. My boss is a perfect example of this. He has 3 dogs and has many through out his life. He didn't know what the realistic price of a pup was because he always purchased from a pet store, because he thought it was a credibly place to buy. Then, he hired me and got to know me. Thus, he learned about my involvement in Huskies and how detrimental byb's are and how horrible et stores are. He wasn't stupid or unkind to his animals, he just didn't know any better. The same thing goes for food with many owners. When you finally show them the facts, they cringe.

Sure, some are looking for status, but not all.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm

I just came across this :

http://pomskybusiness.weebly.com/want-a-free-pomsky.html

People are crazy and shouldn't be allowed to own these dog's more less breed.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 pm

OMG I can't believe this and they are in Tulsa. we are in the Tulsa area a bunch of rednecks trying to made a quick buck.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:08 am

Titus&Lycan wrote:
What's next? A kangaroo X husky?????

Completely off topic but I think Saphire might be part kangaroo. She jumps like one all the time . . . LOL

The sad part is I don't like poms to begin with so why would I want a husky that acted like one. If I wanted a little dog I would have bought a little dog. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I find it funny, They are asking for these grey puppies or black and are completely unaware that there coats change dramatically, they should at least know 100% About poms and huskies, jeez. My husky was creamy white when we got him last month, now he is going black/grey(pics are in "Thunders Scrapbook").
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

(Sorry I've been MIA)

This is horrendous. I have both poms AND huskies, and the idea of breeding the two together? That's asking for health issues out of the wazoo, and just plain DUMB!

So, I'm assuming they are trying to recreate a "mini husky" without the expense of a Klee Kai?

& they actually have a "Pomsky club of America"... mind blown.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm

They are trying to make a quick buck on a "New Breed" sadly like with the cocker-poo and other designer breeds, most of them will end up in shelters after the fad dies, and there is now way to tell the type of temperament these puppies will have until you get to 6th,7th,8th generation or what health problems may arise.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 am

i've been following this conversation and i agree with everyone that breeding these 2 is ridiculous. but what makes me laugh is imagine if they end up with a pom the size of a husky roflmao talk about back fire.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

"So, I'm assuming they are trying to recreate a "mini husky" without the expense of a Klee Kai? "

I think their asking price is the same for Klee or even more. Klee is less likely for health damage compared to them. I which we can call the Cops and report it. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 am

Kizmat wrote:
"So, I'm assuming they are trying to recreate a "mini husky" without the expense of a Klee Kai? "

I think their asking price is the same for Klee or even more. Klee is less likely for health damage compared to them. I which we can call the Cops and report it. Evil or Very Mad

What I meant is that they were trying to "recreate it" without shelling out the expense of purchasing two Klee Kai, initially, not that they weren't charging the price of a KK.

But either way, it's not something that should be done.
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 am

I was at the vet yesterday with Kai, and there was another woman there with a (overweight) husky that said she wanted a Pomski SO bad...Ugh, I facepalmed so hard. Had to walk away.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 pm

OMG some post on craigslist that they want a pomsky.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pet/3285036961.html
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 pm

This thread just gives the breeder free advertisement.

Also - I want to speak on the "replacement puppy" portion that everyone is up in arms about. Even reputable/ethical breeders will offer replacement puppies for their dogs that get sold and are later found to have proven hereditary problems or are mentally/temperamentally unsound. It has nothing to do with "omg how could someone 'replace' a puppy!?!?" and everything to do with the situation and the responsibility. It is the responsibility of the breeder to place happy and healthy puppies in good homes. If for whatever reason a dog does have a problem it is expected the breeder would then take back the puppy - not because it is only the right thing to do, but because the breeder is most likely more properly equipped, both financially and knowledgeably to care for a puppy who either would have then been dumped in a shelter because of the future cost of the said medical problem or because temperamentally couldn't fit with the family.

Replacing a puppy is not always a bad thing.

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 1625187496 The pomskies were on Keeping up with Kardashians! ugh
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:30 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 1625187496 The pomskies were on Keeping up with Kardashians! ugh

UGH - the media is ruining animals...

One more reason I won't vote romney either....Sorry, I know enough ignorant pet parents, I'd prefer my president set a good example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2