It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Empty
PostSubject: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 pm

So this morning my husband and I rescued a half starved but beautiful blue eyes Persian-looking kitten out from underneath my car, he had crawled up there to get warm I believe and I was not about to crank it up for fear of killing the poor thing. Anyway, we fished him out with the help of a bowl of warm milk and cheese and lured him into our house and finally into the bathroom so we could close him in with food and water and keep him from using the bathroom anywhere else until we could get a litter box. I plan on taking him to the vet ASAP to get checked out and get any shots but I'm worried about him being with my puppy since I'm getting him next week not only because he may have worms or whatever but because I know huskies and cats don't usually work together. Could they work if they grow up together?
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Others will chime in, but I have a husky and two cats - aside from the younger cat being a brat and wanting to play with the husky 24/7, they all get along fine.

As long as you have the cat first, a husky puppy should end up viewing the cat as part of their pack so it should be fine.

Best of luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Generally, as puppies, you have the best chances of them getting along especially if its a kitten. My cats pretty much grew up around the dogs and quickly learned what worked, and what didn't. Best advice is to never tolerate any rough behavior towards the cats- at all. Zero tolerance. My dogs basically are immune to the cats and that's how I've trained it.

There's a rare sweet moment when I'll catch them cuddled up together, but only one of my cats does that.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 am

Neeka seems to do OK with the cat. She wants to chase her or play with her, but the cat hates it and takes off. I would never leave them unattended together, but it works. PS... the cat hates all 3 of the dogs (husky or not), we call her the evil cat that only likes me. Yes, the cat has always been around dogs too.

Rudy - Beagle - lab mix is 12 years old
The cat is 8 years old
Roxy - lab & some sort of spitz mix is 5 years old
Neeka - pure bred husky - is 6 months old.

I think that they will be fine together.
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:29 am

Thanks for all the help guys.. here are a few pics.. the vet said HE "Prince" is probably a Ragdoll or a Long-haired Siamese. He is basically already spoiled rotten and rules the roost!

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince2
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 am

He is so beautiful! I'm sure your two boys will grow up to be great friends Smile
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 am

OMG - He's too cute! I want him! Husband would probably leave me... I rescued two that annoy the daylights outta him LOL! Smile
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:17 am

if he goes completly limp when you pick him up and hold him like a baby then he's definatly a rag doll lol my mother had one and i swear nike was the biggest baby ever lol i also don't blame you for picking up that little ball of fur adorable
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:58 am

If you would like an "official" breed for your kitten, a long haired Siamese is known as a Balinese. ADORABLE!!!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 am

If it is a puppy there should be no problem. I would let them get used to each other and know ach other on their own, only interfere when it is neessary.
Maybe they won´t be the best friends, but atleast they will learn to accept each other.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 pm

He's adorable. I love Siamese cats, and I've always had at least one in my life. They are truly the Huskies of the cat world. Super intelligent!
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Holy crap, that cat is cute.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

PostSubject: Prince pics **UPDATED 1/12/13**   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Thought I would post some updated pics of Prince to show yall how he's doing. Dragon and him get along.. fine ha i think.. Mostly they like to play fight.. sometimes we aren't too sure if its play but no one comes away with blood so I think they just secretly like each other. Other than that he is almost like a husky with how needy he is. When I come home he is waiting at the door for me (hubby takes Dragon to work so Prince gets the house to himself during the day) and he loves to sit with me and purr on my lap.

His fav place:

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince122_zpsee141247

We have to keep the drawers closed or this happens ha:

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince12_zpsecaef292

He likes to climb shoulders:

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince16_zpsa1bd030f

This is one of the funniest pics of him to me. So relaxed:

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince14_zps55ca4968

Baby blues:

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Prince15_zps9fd6e2c2
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 pm

He's so cute! I'm a sucker for cats lol
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 pm

So cute! Reminds me of my kitty sassy, just fluffier Smile
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:58 pm

omg he's SO cute! I'd definitely say a ragdoll, or he's at least got a decent amount of ragdoll in him. What a find! Ragdolls are so sweet and around here they're super expensive. Although you'll really have a better idea when he's older, and he could just be a really pretty mutt lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/   Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/ Empty

Back to top Go down

Sucker for a rescued kitten.. Help :/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1