It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them Empty
PostSubject: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm

This is the first time they have walked away from their birth place. they are 3 weeks old as of now

enjoy =]

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them Empty
PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm just curious, is the mother or father agouti? I've never seen puppies without masks before :0
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 pm

The youtube vid says the father is an unknown lab... Smile

Pups are very cute though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Ah didn't see that, thanks Undarth... and yeah they are Smile
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Yeah I still have no clue how the neighbors lab got inside. But I have put cement blocks on the corners of the fence where I think the dog might slip under, hopefully that solves that situation. My other husky is in heat too, they both are only 2 years old.

One of the puppies have heterochromia and is probably the one I will keep.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 pm

why not keep your girls inside during their heat or have them spayed?

Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

jbealer wrote:
why not keep your girls inside during their heat or have them spayed?

My thoughts exactly.. I don't wanna be rude but I'm wondering.. I am not exactly rich, but I was able to get the money together to pay for all of my pups puppy shots AND I've already paid for Cloud to get neutered, there are many programs out there to help but if money is an issue you could keep them inside as jbealer suggested...
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm

well I have the huskies in the backyard fenced, my mother has a nice garden and you know how huskies are that they dig holes here and there. The females got in heat without me knowing of course. its their first time, I was thinking of spading them but I am waiting till I contact my vet to get a quote on the shots of my puppies.

I can't keep my huskies inside of the house because of my little sisters puppy.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Cute puppies..

I would find a way to get them spayed.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 pm

There's a lot of low cost vet clinics, and a lot of shelters can help you out if you can't afford it. Please get them spayed. You don't need to add to the dog over population.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Female dogs go into heat from 6-12 months... so this wasn't their first heat...

Like stated above, I'd try and get her spayed as soon as the pups are weaned, 4-5 weeks. Wish you, your females, and the pups the best; and I hope you find loving forever homes for all the pups. There are so many huskies and husky mixes in shelters because they do not do research and do not understand the demands of the breed. I'd interview each potential family to make sure they are a good match for the breed. But all that is just my So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them 2144500265
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
There's a lot of low cost vet clinics, and a lot of shelters can help you out if you can't afford it. Please get them spayed. You don't need to add to the dog over population.

Yeah I know about the over population of dogs, it wasn't like I was planning on having puppies anytime soon lol. It was a complete surprise seeing the lab with my huskies and taking in consideration my house is all fenced around. I've been saving up for the pups shots since I notice my Leah prego so hopefully everything will be okay.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 pm

rchrdp305 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

Yeah I know about the over population of dogs, it wasn't like I was planning on having puppies anytime soon lol. It was a complete surprise seeing the lab with my huskies and taking in consideration my house is all fenced around. I've been saving up for the pups shots since I notice my Leah prego so hopefully everything will be okay.

" it wasn't like I was planning on having puppies anytime soon"

I'm not trying to be rude, but obviously you were planning on breeding them. It's irresponsible of you.

It's not hard to tell when a female is in heat, you should know better if you're going to not spay your girls. A male dog will do ANYTHING to get in with a female in heat.
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

hypers987 wrote:
Female dogs go into heat from 6-12 months... so this wasn't their first heat...

Like stated above, I'd try and get her spayed as soon as the pups are weaned, 4-5 weeks. Wish you, your females, and the pups the best; and I hope you find loving forever homes for all the pups. There are so many huskies and husky mixes in shelters because they do not do research and do not understand the demands of the breed. I'd interview each potential family to make sure they are a good match for the breed. But all that is just my So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them 2144500265

Thanks and I guess I should specify that it's the first time male dogs are around my huskies in their heat.

And about the spayed situation I heard, I may be wrong, that spaying dogs makes dog live less? Correct me if wrong. That's the main reason why I objected of spaying my huskies when my mother told me to in their first year.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Lets keep this civil.

There are pros and cons to spaying and nesting. In your situation I would suggest to spay. Since the dogs cannot be inside, it's safest for them they be spayed.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 pm

rchrdp305 wrote:

And about the spayed situation I heard, I may be wrong, that spaying dogs makes dog live less? Correct me if wrong. That's the main reason why I objected of spaying my huskies when my mother told me to in their first year.

That's very incorrect. It will help prolong their life.

Mammary cancer is most common malignant cancer in dogs. Spaying a dog significantly reduces the risk of mammary cancer. As documented by Canine Cancer Awareness, Inc., unspayed female dogs are seven times more likely to develop mammary cancer than are spayed dogs. And approximately 25 percent of unspayed dogs will develop mammary cancer. The risk of mammary cancer for dogs spayed before their first heat is negligible, at 0.05 percent.

Pyrometra is an infection of the uterus after a heat cycle. As a result of the high levels of hormones, the lining of the dog's uterus thickens and fluid accumulates. Often, this fluid becomes infected and the uterus fills with pus. Without aggressive treatment, this infection can be fatal. According to Dr. Daniel A. Degner, Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon, the preferred treatment and prevention of pyrometra is spaying.

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm not trying to be rude at all but I totally agree with Jennet on this one... you're obviously having financial issues and with the current situation spaying would be in your best interest to avoid future pups. Not trying to be pushy, sorry if I come off poorly :[
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
rchrdp305 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

" it wasn't like I was planning on having puppies anytime soon"

I'm not trying to be rude, but obviously you were planning on breeding them. It's irresponsible of you.

It's not hard to tell when a female is in heat, you should know better if you're going to not spay your girls. A male dog will do ANYTHING to get in with a female in heat.

I am responsible thank you very much. I have had dogs since birth from Akitas to Siberian Huskies, like I said before I wasn't planning on having puppies despite the fact of not spaying them. No dogs has enter my premises since I've been here for 5 years. First time that my dog get pregnant by a random neighbor dog within my 22 years of life. I appreciate your concern of the overpopulation of dogs but blaming me for the pups is not right in my opinion. There's a reason why I have fenced all around and concrete walls at the whole front. Plus I have spent time after the lab incident walking around the fences fixing any little patch that might have let the lab inside.

Lets try to keep the misjudgements at the minimum, I know you guys know alot about Siberian Huskies then I do but I'm not a first timer in this kind situation. And trust me I'm not going to bring the pups to a shelter and I already have homes for each and every one of them. I just need to get the shots and papers and they should be good to go Smile

Last edited by rchrdp305 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
rchrdp305 wrote:

That's very incorrect. It will help prolong their life.

Mammary cancer is most common malignant cancer in dogs. Spaying a dog significantly reduces the risk of mammary cancer. As documented by Canine Cancer Awareness, Inc., unspayed female dogs are seven times more likely to develop mammary cancer than are spayed dogs. And approximately 25 percent of unspayed dogs will develop mammary cancer. The risk of mammary cancer for dogs spayed before their first heat is negligible, at 0.05 percent.

Pyrometra is an infection of the uterus after a heat cycle. As a result of the high levels of hormones, the lining of the dog's uterus thickens and fluid accumulates. Often, this fluid becomes infected and the uterus fills with pus. Without aggressive treatment, this infection can be fatal. According to Dr. Daniel A. Degner, Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon, the preferred treatment and prevention of pyrometra is spaying.

Thank you there's a reason why I post in these Siberian Husky forums to get information and to get to know about stuff that I am not aware of. Not to be blamed for something that wasn't even my fault. a little detail to add, the lab had a broken rope attached to him so he must have broken loose from the neighbor's house.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm

You said this is the first time it's happened? I was looking on your youtube account and I found this video from May 2012
Short vid of my puppies. Their mother is a pekingese, unfortunately we do not know who their fathers are. Cute little mutts =]. Decided to record, since we are only keeping one =/.
" No dogs has enter my premises since I've been here for 5 years" Obviously they have since this is another unknown father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UopTjxoPTI&list=UUBxjhjx20kvNhh-PZzPonZg&index=5&feature=plcp
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 pm

How are you going to get papers for a mixed breed? Is it different in the states to Aus? Honestly I agree with getting her de-sexed, unless your breeding (which I highly discourage) or showing I personally don't see any reason to keep them entire, as mentioned above there's numerous health benefits to de-sexing your dogs, as well as not adding to over population.
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
You said this is the first time it's happened? I was looking on your youtube account and I found this video from May 2012
Short vid of my puppies. Their mother is a pekingese, unfortunately we do not know who their fathers are. Cute little mutts =]. Decided to record, since we are only keeping one =/.
" No dogs has enter my premises since I've been here for 5 years" Obviously they have since this is another unknown father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UopTjxoPTI&list=UUBxjhjx20kvNhh-PZzPonZg&index=5&feature=plcp

That is my mother's dog. and the female dog left our house not the male dog came inside my house. Don't assume something you don't know. Ask first then create your opinion about it.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Whatever, obviously I'm the one that's wrong. I'm so sorry, you're right. Not your fault at all.
Back to top Go down
rchrdp305
Newborn
Newborn
rchrdp305

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Husky mum wrote:
How are you going to get papers for a mixed breed? Is it different in the states to Aus? Honestly I agree with getting her de-sexed, unless your breeding (which I highly discourage) or showing I personally don't see any reason to keep them entire, as mentioned above there's numerous health benefits to de-sexing your dogs, as well as not adding to over population.

Yeah I am spaying them now since I know more about it thanks to the forum. That is why I posted here since I know there is more people out in the world that know more about Huskies than I do. I can't rely on google, I prefer to rely on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Husky mum wrote:

No, in the U.S. you can't paper mixed breeds either or paper with an unknown dog. I agree with spaying as well. It prevents any possibility of an accident and is much better for your girls.

Though obviously any accidental litters- which could have always been prevented by fixing the dogs- are an upsetting subject to most dog lovers, what is dog is done and I think everyone has educated them on spaying and the benefits and whatnot- if they listen, they listen, if not, there is nothing else you can do. Going into attack mode over this never helps and just makes the person being "lectured" feel hostility. On a subject like this, it is always best just to present facts and help people have a better understanding, as no one wants to listen to someone who is jumping down their throat. Yep.. yep.. I just said that. Haha.

Last edited by Heather! on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them   So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them Empty

Back to top Go down

So My Siberian Husky gave birth to 5 Puppies and today I decided to record them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next