It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

52 weeks of "Oakley!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

Female Join date : 2012-11-10

52 weeks of "Oakley!" Empty
PostSubject: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 am

2 weeks old:

[img]52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11081214[/img]

Last edited by SierraCalloni on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: 3 Weeks   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 am

3 Weeks still no name

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11191510

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11191511

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11191512
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am

Awhhh so cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 am

Still 5 weeks to decide on one. Then it will have to be "Hey You."
Back to top Go down
yulia86
Puppy
Puppy
yulia86

Female Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 am

He is a gorgeous puppy. Smile
I had the same problem a month ago.
What i did was to check on the internet for names and the strange thing is finally the name came from my own head.
My advice is to not think to much of it or you will never manage to choose one.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler
Puppy
Puppy
DarkWolfProwler

Female Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:11 am

So adorable!! Look at those little ears!
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

I would also love any tips about huskies. I am a first time Husky owner but i have done many research. I would like to hear some of your personal stories.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Tip #1 Get ready for hair. LOL

Yuki was a gem for me. I brought her home and she didn't whine, nor cry. House training has been hard, but thats alright Smile There's only one thing to remember: Clothes and other material items are ALWAYS replaceable, but money cannot buy back the friendship your pup gives you.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I would recommend getting "siberian huskies for dummies" book, it was a great help for me. It explains so much of their stubborness and the little attitudes they have. If you have any idea what an overly tired toddler is like, be ready for that as your pup gets older. They will sass back and have an attitude. They are completely loyal and affecionate wonderful dogs, you just need to have the patience to deal with the tough times. It is so worth it.
They are not the best guard dogs but mine to bark and protect me, so it all depends on the dog.

Everyone on here will give you great advise and has probably been through whatever your pup throws at you.

Welcome and he is so adorable.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:29 pm

What a cute puppy Smile
Yes, don't stress out about the name..that's what I did, and then even names I liked started sounding weird. lol
And welcome!
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler
Puppy
Puppy
DarkWolfProwler

Female Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Huskies are very stubborn! Just keep that in mind while training!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 pm

What a cute puppy! We didn't have Karli's name picked out til the week we went to get her (the morning of actually) so its OK. My hubby looked on the internet for names that had to do with snow.

One tip, there will be chewing. I always find things that are OK for Karli to chew so she wont try to chew stuff my hubby might actually care about. Also, anything you are eating is fair game so if you can't share it, find something that the puppy will want to eat instead (peanut butter works well lol.)
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

My tip would be to have a crate and start crate training right away. The faster you start it the easier transition you will have when you have to crate the pup. Crate training will also help with potty training so another plus there. We waited to crate train Anna and she took a lot longer to calm down. I also recommend a KONG toy which you can fill with peanut butter or plain yogurt so the puppy can be entertained while crated. Also lots of goodies for potty time. Last but not least I think having a can of pumpkin sitting around the house is good idea in case you have any diarrhea.

By the way cute puppy! Best of luck choosing a name!
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: 4 weeks   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

4 weeks already here!

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11251510

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 11251511

Apparently he likes to play in his food....great Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm

lol, what a cutie! I might invest in a raised food stand then Smile
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 am

I would like to say i did rent "Siberian Huskies for Dummies" and i find it very informational! Im going to study it during my flight to Disney This week. After that my dad is going to read it! haha thank you for the suggestion Christine!
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: 5 Weeks!   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:00 pm

I cant believe how big he is getting!

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 12021710

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 12021711
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: Name?   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 am

Recently my brother and i have agreed on a couple of names maybe you guys can give me your input!

1. Jasper
2. Ash
3. Zane
4. Oakley

5. Mowgli (I am the only one that likes this name) :/
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:02 am

I like Mowgli!!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 am

Haha I love Mowgli!!!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 am

Mowgli.... 52 weeks of "Oakley!" 1625187496 ... oh gawd.

On your list I'd choose Jasper.

Off the list Chithead (see Steve Martin's "The Jerk')
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Haha Thats funny Mowgli and Jasper are my top 2 favorite names!
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 am

The name is officially Oakley! After giving it A LOT of thought i thought it would best because my brother is obsessed with Oakley sunglasses and he kinda has dark circles around his eyes too. Also i can nick name him OakleyMowgli!
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

PostSubject: 6 Weeks   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 am

6 Weeks pictures

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 12121810

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 12121811

52 weeks of "Oakley!" 12121812
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Also download this book/pdf http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/you-get-your-puppy by Ian Dunbar
There are some indispensable puppy training tips in that book. Ian's first dog was a Malamute, so he knows a thing or two about stubborn northern breeds

He is beautiful by the way! congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of "Oakley!"   52 weeks of "Oakley!" Empty

Back to top Go down

52 weeks of "Oakley!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next