It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Have anyone ever called you 'sick' for being obsessed with dog's stuff?

I just happened to like dogs and everything that revolves around them. I read about food, training, accessories all the time and spent the most part of my free time looking for more things about dogs to read about. Today someone called me sick for that. And that someone happened to be my partner. I don't think that is sick. It's just a matter of choice. He choose to spend his time playing games, I choose to spend mine around dogs.

Well he said I spend all my time reading about dogs' stuffs and this forum that I didn't check the reservation for a holiday this 28/11/2013, which I only knew about it 8 hours ago.

I am just wondering how many people here were called sick because they treat their furkids very importantly.

Last edited by Titus&Lycan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 pm

No it is not sick at all!!! Everything I do is revolved around my dogs, I'm always looking up new toys and ideas to keep them occupied and ways to keep them exercised without going on long walks that would strain Yuki's joints. I think he should accept you as you are, not criticize you Sad
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:29 pm

my ex boyfriend used to always tell me that he knew if I had to choose between him or Rocky, I would choose Rocky & that it was disgusting how much I loved my dog over him. & he would always make fun of me for taking my puppy to the dog park everyday for 2+ hours BUUUTTT that's why he is currently my ex & Rocky is still my puppy Smile I can't date a guy who doesn't love animals as much as I do. Some people just don't understand!

It's probably just a phase he's going through, but Megan is right, he should accept you as you are instead of criticizing you because you could easily nag him about his game playing but you don't because you understand it's something he really enjoys. I don't think it's unfair to expect the same respect in return.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 pm

To people that don't understand, I usually tell them it is my passion or "hobby". You partner's passion is gaming, yours is your "child". You can also give a comeback like "at least my "obsession" is fulfilling and loves me back Razz " lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Let me tell you a story.

I love Gears of War(its a video game for those who don't know). I've waited in bone chilling weather for half a day during the midnight release of both the 2nd and 3rd game of the series. I have skipped school and booked time off work to play them on release. Read the books and comics, scrutinized the internet for every detail of the game/lore before and after it was released and spent a ridiculous amount of money on merchandise. I have been up all kinds of hours in the night playing with friends and strangers. I also have a tattoo on my back that makes reference to the 3rd game's tagline. All this while being able to complete my post-secondary education and finding a good job.

I've been called sick on multiple occasions by different people including MY OWN MOTHER. All this for loving something that has brought me nothing but happiness during the good and the bad times in my life. So no you are not sick my dear, you are passionate about something that you hold dear and near to you and people who find that "sick" have unfortunately not felt that passionate about anything yet or just have not noticed that they are. So carry on and enjoy what you do Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm

People think it's strange how much I love my dogs or how caught up I am in gaming and animanga, but never "sick." They just don't see what is so interesting. Being called "sick" would offend me greatly, though, and I don't get actually upset over many things. Being into little kids or torturing animals is sick. Being passionate about dogs and enjoying the happiness they bring into your life is not sick.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Heather! wrote:
People think it's strange how much I love my dogs or how caught up I am in gaming and animanga, but never "sick." They just don't see what is so interesting. Being called "sick" would offend me greatly, though, and I don't get actually upset over many things. Being into little kids or torturing animals is sick. Being passionate about dogs and enjoying the happiness they bring into your life is not sick.

Couldn't have put it better myself! I get so much stick from mates for the amount of time I give to my pup.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm

My 2 obsessions have brought me more happiness then 99% of the people in this world ever will.

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? Lench

Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:52 pm

I think everyone is right here. He loves the dogs greatly but not other dogs.. He said he have the best dogs here why does he have to look at other dogs. But that's just my passion.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 am

+1 to what Len said.
That was GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 am

Here4thePics wrote:
My 2 obsessions have brought me more happiness then 99% of the people in this world ever will.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. However, hearing that loving my dogs "was sick" from a loved one would hurt my feelings, and probably tick me off too.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:10 am

Here4thePics wrote:

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? Lench

If only the rest of the world could understand....

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:30 am

Actually I wouldn't want the rest of the world to understand because then I guess it wouldn't be an obsession.

I'm "sick?" Oh well I'd have to want to change, I have no intention or desire to do so. Accept as I am or reject me. Oh by the way there is the door see ya.

In all honesty my Siberians have probably been a life saver to me numerous times during by life time. Maybe I am sick but its not because of my Siberians they've been my cure.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:17 pm

My hubby knows better than to say something like that to me. He has his video games, I have my animals. I'm truly a dog lover, he is a bird lover, so we have both. But at the moment we have more birds than we really need or can handle but that's another story. He finally understood this last yr that while the birds were enough for him, they weren't enough for me and we ended up getting Karli. Best decision ever.

I think maybe he's just jealous about the amount of time you spend on dogs? Maybe you guys should compromise?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:31 pm

My huskies have only been with us a short time but they have come to mean alot to us and they bring joy to our life..

OUr kids think we may have lost it being they currently don't have any dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?   Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed - What if someone called you sick for being obssessed with dogs' stuffs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1