It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Cameo Anderson art work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

work - Cameo Anderson art work Empty
PostSubject: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Since I posted this picture in wrong area earlier I figured it might be time for others to post their Cameo and other art works of the dogs.

work - Cameo Anderson art work Wintercard2012

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Oooh great piece, I thought I recognized those huskies. Here's mine :3
work - Cameo Anderson art work 2ivd5r8
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 am

here's ours Smile
work - Cameo Anderson art work 553541_401426563248275_1634706217_n
Back to top Go down
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 am

Those paintings are amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 am

Those are absolutly amazing! I am assuming those are painting! Where did you get them done at?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 am

Jennet's was the one that hooked me. At 1st glance I really thought it was a photo then after a bit of reading and coffee I went back and realized it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 am

Jennet's is the one that made me want one as well. She has an account on the book face site, where you can contact her called Cameo Anderson - Writer / Illustrator. You can contact her there to get all the info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:12 pm

I am almost positive it's vector art/CG art and not a painting, though. You can not complete a painting like that in under 24 hours, the layers alone make it take forever to do since you have to let each set of layers try before doing a new layer. If I take the reference photos she used and lay them on top of the image in PS, they match up quite perfectly... until I see someone with the original piece and not a file, it's CG art.
I know I think Jennet also said she says she uses a tablet, which would still make this CG art and not a painting technically anyways. As a former artist in both CG and on canvas and paper, I'm super anal and overanalyze these things.

They are very very pretty though, and even if it is vector art she is really good at defining the layers. If not vector art, she has to draw the outline and do the coloring on her tablet in PS, which again, even if it is that it's very difficult to get such smooth coloring like this in PS.
Don't ask me why I felt the need to post this, like I said, I'm anal and it's definitely not a painting haha.

A friend did Koda and Rogue for us, she has a very morbid style that I love, so it's pretty eery looking.
work - Cameo Anderson art work 533478_10151019467230979_247762869_n

The reference picture of Rogue is from when she was maybe 4 months, so.

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Heather! wrote:
I am almost positive it's vector art/CG art and not a painting, though. You can not complete a painting like that in under 24 hours, the layers alone make it take forever to do since you have to let each set of layers try before doing a new layer. If I take the reference photos she used and lay them on top of the image in PS, they match up quite perfectly... until I see someone with the original piece and not a file, it's CG art.
I know I think Jennet also said she says she uses a tablet, which would still make this CG art and not a painting technically anyways. As a former artist in both CG and on canvas and paper, I'm super anal and overanalyze these things.

They are very very pretty though, and even if it is vector art she is really good at defining the layers. If not vector art, she has to draw the outline and do the coloring on her tablet in PS, which again, even if it is that it's very difficult to get such smooth coloring like this in PS.
Don't ask me why I felt the need to post this, like I said, I'm anal and it's definitely not a painting haha.

A friend did Koda and Rogue for us, she has a very morbid style that I love, so it's pretty eery looking.
work - Cameo Anderson art work 533478_10151019467230979_247762869_n

The reference picture of Rogue is from when she was maybe 4 months, so.

Yes its digital art not a painting, she told me that. She didn't copy any of my pups poses, I gave her about 10 reference pics and she made great pics of them in completely new positions, I really loved it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 pm

https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/rthixw.jpg<- Yuki and Cloud's reference are taken from that, I noticed it when looked at her scrapbook yesterday. All I am saying is it's not from scratch. I've done this before in the past, though not with dogs. It's all lovely and gorgeous in the same, and takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do it to where it looks nice and realistic like she does it, as a lot of people make it to where you can clearly see each layer and it doesn't blend well. She does fantastic CG work. Just clarifying to those who are thinking it's a painting or 100% freehand was all I was doing.

Last edited by Heather! on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Heather! wrote:
https://2img.net/h/oi50.tinypic.com/5umxig.jpg https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/rthixw.jpg<- Yuki and Cloud's reference are taken from those with minor changes, I noticed it when looked at her scrapbook yesterday. All I am saying is it's not from scratch. I've done this before in the past, though not with dogs. It's all lovely and gorgeous in the same, and takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do it to where it looks nice and realistic like she does it, as a lot of people make it to where you can clearly see each layer and it doesn't blend well. She does fantastic CG work. Just clarifying to those who are thinking it's a painting or 100% freehand was all I was doing.

Not gonna be rude but we're trying to appreciate her art, not make it look like 'its easy' and put it down.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm

It's it exactly with the poses, can't really deny it, so say what you will(in reference to your original reply that said you did not give her that photo since I noticed it is not in that post). I did not say her art was easy. I even said that it is extremely difficult to make CG art that looks that smooth. I am merely pointing out what sort of art it is and how it is done since people were confusing it as a painting. Take it how you will. Art is art, I appreciate it all, but I am perfectly allowed to critique it and point something out and it is only natural for me to do so having been an artist myself.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Here's mine!

work - Cameo Anderson art work 30m4o7l
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 pm

My Secret Santa Jennet did this for us
work - Cameo Anderson art work Mmm10

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Not a husky, but got my nugget today. XD

work - Cameo Anderson art work Sunnyd10

jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 am

Oh he looks great! And I love her new tag at the bottom!

PostSubject: Re: Cameo Anderson art work   work - Cameo Anderson art work Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameo Anderson art work

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1