It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ornament Kill #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Well, I put the Christmas tree up Friday. Juneau didn't seem too bothered by it, surprisingly!

Woke up today and discovered that she had chewed my Barbie ornament that I got ~10 years ago!

Here are pics... lol. My mom said I should glue it back together and she can be the girl from The Nightmare Before Christmas lol.

Ornament Kill #1 Resampled_2012-11-25_12-18-35_430

It didn't really bother me, because I didn't really like that ornament. But I moved up the important ones toward the top now haha. It's a 7 foot tree, so there is plenty of room.

Can't resist this damn face!

Ornament Kill #1 Resampled_2012-11-25_16-28-42_828

Yes, I have jammies on. Don't hate. Razz

Trying so hard to keep me from being mad. It worked.

Ornament Kill #1 Resampled_2012-11-25_16-32-13_403

Feel free to use this thread as a continuation for our ornament kills. I'm sure mine won't be the only one this year. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

We stopped putting ornaments on our tree because of this reason

Ornament Kill #1 5oyys4
Ornament Kill #1 Xm20cx

Not sure what the girls will do, guess i'll find out.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm

oh i love your kitty cat decorations. They are adorable lol

i'm afraid to put my tree up lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Love the cats in the tree! My cat likes to chew on the branches and sleep on the skirt. I got a new tree skirt this year and I think it was a bad pick. It has fuzzies around the edge and Willow keeps eyeing it! Everytime she looks at it I say no and she will try to pretend to not look at it. LOL! She thinks that if she looks out the corner of her eye that I won't notice!
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I too am scared to put my tree up. My cats love to sleep on the tree skirt, thankfully they have never tried to climb the tree. I shouldn't say that, they may try it as an escape route this year.lol
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Thankfully this year we wont be putting up a tree. We are going to Cali for Christmas to spend it with his family, so his mom has the tree lol. And her ornaments are the kid kind so hopefully Karli will be too preoccupied by her dog to worry about the tree.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 pm

We aren't putting up a tree. Not sure if my parents will have one or not. Koda doesn't care about them, I wonder if Rogue will be intrigued...
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 pm

We put up a table top tree last year when we only had Blaze I guess we will use the same ones this year with two huskies.

lol!

I love the kitty cat tree decorations.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Our two haven't touched an ornament the whole time we've had them...then again, they're never left alone unsupervised with the tree. Smile But tails can be dangerous too, so I automatically put the breakable ones near the top.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 am

Lucky! Ha! Love the cats. Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am

The cats pretty much destroyed the tree though...

We'll need to get a new one
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 am

It will be our first Christmas together as a family and in our own place so we are getting a tree. I refuse to get a fake tree, I love real trees. I cannot wait to see how Anna reacts to the tree, I have a feeling she is going to try and eat it or the ornaments. We will see.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am

Ahh I'm keeping my fingers crossed this doesn't happen again! I've been lucky and only lost one the other year! I put my good ornament's up high and the one's I don't care about as much at the bottom. Praying I don't lose any this year!

The cats in the tree is hilarious!!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Not putting up the tree this year, No room with all the pups toys. LOL my cats always climbed the tree and slept in the middle of it and would manage to knock it over at least once. Im done dealing with that until I have a bigger house.
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm

we havn't got our tree up yet, but... I got a feeling Stig will be a destructive force with it even if he don't try to. Still got the puppy playtime thing going on, and clumsy.

On another note, the better halfs parents always had a real tree, and every year they their dog use to use it as a urinal.. Think I'm gonna stick to artificial trees Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 pm

we lost kissing raindeers the first yr we had the pups, the magnets had me scared but i found them! we keep everything up high on the tree, only issue we have is the tinsel poos lol!

Ornament Kill #1 Iaht10
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

We put up our tree but haven't decorated it yet. Bode hasn't really shown any interest so far, so that's good! The cat on the other hand is a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 pm

As every year my problem will be with my two cats, and not Lucian. He's gated up in my kitchen when we aren't here or sleeping, so he won't be able to get to it. On the other hand I'm sure my cats will be in first chance they get. They knocked it over three times in one day a few years ago, and broke the stand! I too put the more important ornaments up higher. A squirt bottle works well when I'm actually in the room, but when I'm sleeping at night they'll be in the tree. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 pm

We're not putting the tree up this year, no room. In the past, the only issue we've had with Saber is he liked sticking his face in the tree. I guess he was scratching his face. Occasionally an ornament would fall off, but since it was on carpet nothing ever broke. The other dog years ago lifted his leg and peed on the tree right in front of us. Needless to say, we had to throw that tree out!
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

We are passing on a big tree this year too. Our living room is small and Lola's crate is taking up a lot of room. We have a 4 foot tall artificial tree that we decorate with keychains and ornaments from our travels. We'll put that up on a table in the entry.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Interesting to hear from all of you. So far I've noticed is that cats love the trees. lol!

Ellen, be careful with the real tree! They can dry up and catch fire really fast. Be sure to keep it watered. Unless it's a small one, then just keep a close eye. We bought a small 2 foot tree last year and had some fun with it. ^^

Yuck! I would definitely throw out the tree if my dog peed on it. Thankfully Juneau squats, so I don't have to worry about her hiking her leg. Razz

jbealer wrote:
we lost kissing raindeers the first yr we had the pups, the magnets had me scared but i found them! we keep everything up high on the tree, only issue we have is the tinsel poos lol!

D'awh. lol! Tinsel poos! That's funny. I think I'll try snowflakes this year lol. Razz

bellecma wrote:
We are passing on a big tree this year too. Our living room is small and Lola's crate is taking up a lot of room. We have a 4 foot tall artificial tree that we decorate with keychains and ornaments from our travels. We'll put that up on a table in the entry.

That's such a good idea! I collect magnets and keychains whenever I travel! So creative. Smile

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:15 am

Well, here is Willow and Aspens first ornament kill of the season.

Ornament Kill #1 2A36C9FC-B218-4562-AD8B-BE2CD87D4D3F-21898-000005677A578957
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 am

26nikita wrote:

Oh nooo! :'( Poor ornament. #2. lol I hope you weren't too mad about it! :l
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 am

I must have gotten lucky! Lol Both cats and both dogs ignore the tree completely. Very Happy Sometimes we find one of the cats sleeping under it, but nothing is ever disturbed on the actual tree.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 am

VintageJeans wrote:
26nikita wrote:

Oh nooo! :'( Poor ornament. #2. lol I hope you weren't too mad about it! :l

I'm upset that they disturbed the tree but not about the ornament. It was extremely old and I had no sentimental value to it. I just thought I was doing a good job of re-directing the dogs away from the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ornament Kill #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ornament Kill #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next