It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ornament Kill #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 am

We had to put the playyard fence around our tree this year..Between the new puppy trying to eat the branches and the skirt, snows tail whacking everything off and my two year old trying to eat the candy canes it was a disaster waiting to happen lol
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Well I put my tree up a week ago, and so far so good, they have not messed with it or ate any branches! I was going to get a real tree but decided to keep the fake one for another year
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:
We had to put the playyard fence around our tree this year..Between the new puppy trying to eat the branches and the skirt, snows tail whacking everything off and my two year old trying to eat the candy canes it was a disaster waiting to happen lol

Oh wow, lol sounds like you have your hands full! I would keep a close eye. Razz Good luck to you!!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:

If your candy canes are anywhere near as old as ours that's pretty scary lol.
I might have to steal your method. The last thing I want is my new puppy to get the tree/ornaments/lights/20 year old candy canes/presents.. Yup, starting to sound more and more like a winning idea^^;
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:51 pm

My breeder sent me this picture of koda!! he didnt really get a ornament but he is going for something lol!
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 Koda-314
Back to top Go down
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 pm

LOL! So cute! Daisy have't even noticed the candy canes on the tree at all. She actually didn't even go near the tree yet.
Back to top Go down
tcarp916
Puppy
Puppy
tcarp916

Female Join date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:05 pm

We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and Carolina has noticed it, but she hasn't even tried to mess with it. We did make sure not to put any ornaments where her tail could knock them off. I've actually caught her sleeping under it a few times.

Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 2012-113
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 pm

So Anna went with me to go to Lowe's to get the Christmas tree today. She was actually really good, I was a proud mama. She already ate some of the tinsel as I was putting it on the tree. But other than that she really hasn't shown it any attention other than smelling it and knocking over a couple ornaments as she walks by. The whole apartment smells like Christmas trees and it is great!
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am

Our tree has survived thus far... (Knock on wood). All of the ornaments are glass. We put the tree in the corner of the room for a little more stability and I bent the hooks over the branches pretty good so hopefully we won't have any casualties. But when Kane's "daddy" gets the "Towel Monster" after him, all bets are off. It's a cross between a towel snap, tug of war, and tag. It's adorable to watch them play, but I hope our decorations survive it lol.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

We put our tree up before Thanksgiving and none of ours have shown any interest except for our shih tzu who like to drag the skirt out and roll in it.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:50 pm

gocavs627 wrote:
Our tree has survived thus far... (Knock on wood). All of the ornaments are glass. We put the tree in the corner of the room for a little more stability and I bent the hooks over the branches pretty good so hopefully we won't have any casualties. But when Kane's "daddy" gets the "Towel Monster" after him, all bets are off. It's a cross between a towel snap, tug of war, and tag. It's adorable to watch them play, but I hope our decorations survive it lol.

lol! My bf and Juneau wrestle a lot too. Then she gets the zoomies and runs around. >.< Her tail/body hasn't knocked anything over yet, thankfully lol.

Ericobeasto wrote:
My breeder sent me this picture of koda!! he didnt really get a ornament but he is going for something lol!

Koda is so cute! His markings look a lot like Juneau's when I first got her. Then she grew white eyebrows around 2 1/2 months. I really like the black/blue contrast, and you don't really see many huskies with those marks. I bet you're so excited. I love you

Good to hear Anna was good, Ellen! I have yet to take Juneau to the Lowe's here. Mostly because I'm in a hurry and I just want in/out quick.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 pm

lol mine just keep walking behind the tree and it's annoying but other then that they've ignored it completely. The cat on the other hand Evil or Very Mad He already took out about 5 ornaments so I had to take all the ones off the bottom half of the tree. Now he's an awkward tree Sad
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 2vx2hy0
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 pm

VintageJeans wrote:

Ericobeasto wrote:

Koda is so cute! His markings look a lot like Juneau's when I first got her. Then she grew white eyebrows around 2 1/2 months. I really like the black/blue contrast, and you don't really see many huskies with those marks. I bet you're so excited. I love you

Thank you so much!! He is a agouti! His mom was even more unique looking... She was all black with a few tan marks on her face. Her dad was a agouti. and in her litter she also has 2 really different looking huskies.. but they are all pure breed. and i was actually looking on google to try and find a mask like his and i cant.. lol.. i just wanna see what it would look like when he older lol.. i know masks and colors always change but i still never really seen a mask like his.. but i just cant wait to get him home!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 am

We have tinsel missing on the half of the tree closest to the futon because Anna will not quit walking past it. She keeps eating it as well. We bought all plastic ornaments so Anna couldn't break any.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 am

Just put our tree up.

Jade was on a mission to reach the top
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 1zm302h
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 2ag3tqh
She made it! She's so tiny so the tree wont fall over.
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 2vn14rr
Then she had to take a break
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 2cp6av5
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 pm

First ornament down, is the first ornament we bought for our daughter who was born last december.
Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 Babysfirst
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 am

Oh no! So sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 am

Oh no, thats dissapointing. It's a sentimental one as well.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:54 am

Aww man.. That's an unlucky one to lose.
We totally buy a fake tree in a box, and refuse to put on the first two levels of low branches after experiencing an ornament massacre. Looks stupider than hell, but does the job.
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:27 pm

we had the tree up (artificial) and it wasn't tied up yet, so my own fault. but that was in probably 5 branches from the top when stig knocked it over Sad but we still have a couple of her first xmas ornaments, that one the special one from daddy though. bought about 3 weeks before she was born and hidden as not to jinx the pregnancy. alas her snowman ornament. will live through a few more Christmas yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ornament Kill #1   Ornament Kill #1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ornament Kill #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2