It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello fellow husky owned humans!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OvernHusky
Newborn
Newborn
OvernHusky

Female Join date : 2012-12-15

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:58 am

Because, lets face it, these adorable dogs own us. Haha. Well, at least my 10 week old Gracie Loo owns me. Anyways, I'm Bryan, and my wife's name is Julia. I'll be the one doing the posting and question asking, she'll most likely just do searching/reading, and coming up with the questions to ask.

Gracie Loo is an AKC registered Siberian Husky. I just brought her home last night, 12.15.2012. She was born 10.7.2012. Her registered name is Gracie Loo. But, we were throwing around the idea of using an Indian name that meant full of grace, or graceful, or something of the sort.

She is not an only pup though. My wife has a Jack Russel/Rat Terrier as well. His name is Oliver and he looks like a 10 pound cow. He's about 7 years old, and really just lounges around. We're hoping that Gracie Loo will learn by his example.

She's a bit of a chewer, however, I have already started training her in the 24 hours of having her, not to chew on certain things. She is crate trained, and she slept in a crate last night next to my bed. I'd honestly like to bed train her, as my wife and I are used to digs sleeping in our bed. Today, while I was at work for about 9 hours, i let her roam the house, except for the carpeted areas. She had 3 little tinkles, and didn't chew up any furniture. So I'm quite happy about that.

A little about me, I'm Bryan, and I am a classically, modern trained experimental chef. Classically, as in european, modern as in the fusion style of cooking, and experimental as in, I like to come up with crazy flavor combinations. My wife, Julia, is a grad student at the University of Texas Tyler. She's studying molecular science and plant pathology at the moment and aspires to obtain her pHD after she fineshes with her Masters. We are first time Husky parents, so the questions may be frequent, but not before we do a search on the forum.

Anyways, thanks for having us.
b.

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 am

Welcome to the forum! There's tons of information on here, I'm sure you'll find it all! Feel free to share TONS of pics <3
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:31 am

Welcome! Your puppy looks adorable and I want to see pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 am

Welcome, She's is super cute! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Back to top Go down
Shilonator
Newborn
Newborn
Shilonator

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 am

I would like to say hello to the fellow husky owners as well. Its good thing I found this fourm, its giving me lots of info.

Our Shiloh is 4 months old, shes a wonderful dog to have. Its our first dog together ( Fiance & I), we love her to death. The yesterday we took her to doggie day camp (Petsmart). It was like taking a child to school for the first time. She was little miss popular according to the staff. All the dogs wanted to play with her. It made us proud parents when we heard that.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 am

Welcome, she's adorable, we cant wait to watch her grow Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Chiviri's mum
Newborn
Newborn
Chiviri's mum

Female Join date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 am

Yayz, welcome! Experimental chef, nice. Reminds me of those kind of chefs that use science and wierd contraptions to cook lol (I know that not what it means though lol) and molecular science, thats quite the field. Welcome to the forum, Im new myself, but have been in quite a few topics so join in the fun Smile
Back to top Go down
OvernHusky
Newborn
Newborn
OvernHusky

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to good times and great conversation.
b.
Back to top Go down
OvernHusky
Newborn
Newborn
OvernHusky

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Here are more pictures of Gracie Loo taken in the past 3 days.

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-2_zps9c4be2f5

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-1_zps9efc8f8c

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-3_zps648d4884
Who is that OTHER dog staring back at me?!

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-6_zps461d5d6e
What is out THERE?!

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-7_zps6dce56ed
Totally oblivious to where we are going.

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-8_zps978c53f1
That was FUN!!

Hello fellow husky owned humans! Photo-9_zpsca2dc02d
What are YOU doing?
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 am

She is adorable! Welcome to the forum, it is FULL of information and good luck with your new addition. Smile

Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 am

She's too cute! What a pretty pup, I love her color.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Welcome. That is one beautiful girl you have there. Congrats on the new addition and welcome to the wonderful crazy life of being owned by a husky!!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:56 pm

She is absolutely the cutest.

One thing, I wouldn't really suggest leaving her out in the house like that before she is potty trained. 3 little tinkles may not be a big deal to you, but it will work against you in the toilet training process.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Okay, now that I've wiped up the puddle of drool...lol

She's adorable! Makes me want another puppy...

Welcome to forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Welcome and OMG she is adorable. Almost looks like she has a little red in her.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Welcome, what a beautiful girl!!
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Wow, she's BEAUTIFUL!! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
OvernHusky
Newborn
Newborn
OvernHusky

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:13 am

Thank you for the compliments. As well as the tinkle advice. But yes, she does have some red slowly growing in. I'm going to get her a tog-o-war toy. She's constantly wanting to bite something or chew on something. And when its my socks, or hand, or ankles, she likes to bite and pull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow husky owned humans!   Hello fellow husky owned humans! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow husky owned humans!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1