It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My poor girls are on Iams :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
Ericobeasto wrote:
I dont think certain people should get into others personal life as to why they dont have a job or licenses... Thats up to them to share it.. Shouldnt confront them about it if you dont know them personally.. She didnt ask any question about people reffering to her working or not she just stated it.. She was just talking about dog food..

My thoughts exactly. Thank you Smile

Well, she had every right to say she didn't want to answer. If she were working and driving, her dogs would be eating what she wanted them to eat.
That much is obvious.
So knowing why she isn't doing those things can help in determining a solution to having to eat what her parents choose.
You can't very well tell a person in a wheel chair to start offering to do work around their neighborhood.

As for my thoughts as to a solution,
You must have friends with licenses at this point.
Perhaps you could have your parents budget the monthly dog food allowance
And then you could go out and take care of the buying yourself?
It'd be fairly easy to calculate out
And then, also, there's working for the neighbors as much as possible.
Shoot even $6/hr stacks up fast in the mean time

I can't imagine Iams is much different in price from Kirkland Sig, and someone will have a costco membership and take you. Plus it shows epic responsibility points, which never hurts with parents.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Lol, it's the foods like blue wilderness that they call exotic. But i talked to them about it and they said it isn't the food that really matters, it's the way the girls do on it. As in if they have solid stools and don't fart a lot. So if they don't do well on Iams we're going to try something else. They just wanted to try Iams out because they hadn't been on it yet. So we just have to find a food that Kay does well on.

A lot of people think that way! Ezio is our first puppy (for my husband and I), but growing up my mom never fed our dogs anything other than Iams. That's just the norm, I think. Until getting Ezio and joining this forum I'd never heard of raw feeding and never thought much about the differences between dog foods. But it's important! Eventually you guys will find what works best. It took us a few months with Ezio.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Didn't think about doing a monthly dog food allowance. I am my parents favorite kid which always stacks up points Wink if you think i'm lying just ask them. Now as for not driving and working my parent's want me to work on getting my license first. Which i was supposed to go practice manuverability with my brother yesterday but that didn't happen scratch

Alright so this is how it came to me having three dogs. My mom found this husky breeder online and saw this cute little red pup that never found a home. She's always wanted a husky. We went and picked up the pup and brought it home, it was the family dog. We always have to have a family dog since we love animals. Then Maya proved to be a crazy puppy and i trained since no one else would. It was always my job to feed the dogs, cats, and whatever else we had. Maya wasn't overly great with the cats, didn't try to kill them but would try and play with them too rough. She spent the first 2 years of her life in a cage because no one really cared for her or anything. She was just a decoration that they would show off to people who came over and occasionally play with. I got tired of it, it made me sad and angry to see her in the cage all the time. So i let her out of the cage and folded it up and through it in the garage so she would never have to be in it again. She's potty trained and an amazing dog that rarely ever gets into anything, if she does it's only plastic things that were left out. Then she somehow became my dog because i take care of her, walk her, etc.

With Sophie my mom saw this cute little red husky pup in a pet store that had unusual marking she never saw before. So she had to get a buddy for Maya to play with and since i had trained Maya and take care of her Sophie became my dog too.

Then with Kay my mom wanted a black and white husky all to herself. So we got Kay from a shelter for her to be my moms and younger sisters dog. Josie, my sister, had wanted a dog for herself and since we know mom wont train her or walk her she's the one who does that. Well Josie occasionally takes Kay for walks because i usually do that and we're all pretty lazy in this house.

So when i move out i'll probably only be taking Maya with me, they may want to keep Sophie since she's awesome. Kay is technically my sister and moms dog so she probably won't be going with me. But even if i do have to take all of them with me i'll manage, even if it means living off ketchup packets i WILL make it work. I wouldn't give up my babies for the world.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 pm

That is super interesting. I'm glad someone took responsibility for the animals.

The dog food allowance has a lot of benefits. It reduces their responsibility load, which everyone likes. It shows you are that much more self-reliant (getting to the store and using a friend with costco card to save money on a better product) it gives you an excuse to make your brother take you on practice drives, you will feel better giving your dogs higher quality food, and your dogs will likely feel better too.

I used to do budgets with my dad all the time, mostly because he would rather not go out school supply, clothes, grocery shopping etc. He would give me the money alotted for the month or week or whatever, and id go bus out and run the errands. It made things easier for both of us. I got brands I liked, and got to see first hand why we didn't buy some brands as opposed to others, he got to teach me responsibility, and do the errands, all from the couch, while watching football, alone, in peace.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 pm

That sounds good and something that my dad or mom would be interested in doing Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Good job on being responsible! It really shows a lot about a person when they dedicate themselves to their dogs. My parents were very hesitant in letting me get a dog because I've never cared for one myself and they thought that they would have to pay for everything. But of course they didn't, so they're happy as well with Lycus.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks, i love my girls Smile My parents kept asking me what i wanted for xmas and i told them i want this and that for the girls. They kept asking me if I wanted anything for myself and i kept saying nope i'm fine. But they got me stuff anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My poor girls are on Iams :(   iams - My poor girls are on Iams :( - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My poor girls are on Iams :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3