It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We were supposed to get Kingsley today....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... Empty
PostSubject: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm

So, Kingsley finally turned 8 weeks on Wednesday. We flew in from Texas this afternoon and where planning on driving the 3 hours to Petersberg (alone the MA/NY state border) and then driving the 3.5 hours back to Ithaca today to pick up Kingsley.

Breeder did not send her 8 week puppy update and pictures.

When I emailed her yesterday about what time I could get him and to provide an address, yada yada, she emailed back saying that she thought I said I'd get him on the 7th or 8th. I went back through every email I've sent her and at no time did I ever write that. It's aaaaalways been the 5th. She said we couldn't come today because he has a vet appointment on the 7th.

I have the 7th off from work (Yay 1st married anniversary)! So driving to go get him on our actual wedding anniversary sounds like it could be a fun and special way to celebrate! She said that she might not be able to do it then, depending on what time his vet visit ends. If that's the case, then she can do it on the 8th, in which case my husband will have to drive by himself (not optimal) while I work.

Aaaaaaaaanyway. I'm not upset or anything. I was just SUPER looking forward to already having Kingsley at home tonight. Positives: Breeder pays for one more vet visit. Breeder drives to meet us halfway. Kingsley spends a few more days getting crate trained with breeder, he's the last puppy to go so he's just been with momma for about a week (instead of keeping us up at night because of separation anxiety). We got to drive home during the day instead of at night in the snow.

Needed to write all this out somewhere. I feel like my I've annoyed my Facebook friends enough with puppy talk, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:09 pm

I hope the puppy is okay. Did she say why she's taking the puppy to the vet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm

she did not. she said she was going to take him to the vet with the rest of the litter for their first round of shots and deworming a few weeks ago. and i'm assuming she did since the rest of the litter is already at their new homes.

hrm, i guess i should ask....
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 am

Maybe his second round of shots? My breeder kept Karli long enough that she got two rounds while she was with him.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 am

That seems odd that the rest of the litter is gone and she is holding on to just him.... hope it all turnes out ok, good luck

Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Still no Kingsley. She said she would call me this morning to figure out what time to meet today (if she could) or tomorrow. I emailed her hours ago and no response. I do not have her number.

WHAT THE FXCK, MAN, GIMME MY DOG!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I'd be upset too...hopefully you hear from her soon!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm

wow, thats such BS! sorry Sad

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm

I smell something off!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Something doesn't seem right. The pup shouldn't get it second round of vaccines until it's 12 weeks old. So I am wondering why she is taking him to the vet again.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Ok figured it out. She took him to get a clean bill of health from the vet. She delayed it because she knew I wasn't going to be able to get him at 8 weeks.

I drove the 3 hours to Albany and am about to pick him up like in 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Excited and happy for you!
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks for your concern, everyone! Pup is fast asleep on my lap. On our three out drive he peed at the rest stop after the first hour, and pooed outside a gas station after the second hour. So proud :')
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 am

Rest stops are not very clean places to let out your puppy. Lots of dogs all going in the same place, lots of dogs that probably aren't up to date on shots too. Just for future car rides! Glad you've got your pup. Now where are our pictures??
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 am

It is amazing how exciting pee and poop can be especially when it happens where and when it is supposed to. Congrats and can't wait to see the photos. Enjoy your pup!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am

I stopped after 10 minutes when i picked up koda on saturday (forgot to ask breeder last time he went so i just stopped to see if he would go) he went like 5 seconda after i set him in the snow.. He was such a good boy!! Goodluck with kingsley!!! Crate training is the hardezt part for me. Hopefully its a little easier for you lol
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 am

Dot wrote:
Rest stops are not very clean places to let out your puppy. Lots of dogs all going in the same place, lots of dogs that probably aren't up to date on shots too. Just for future car rides! Glad you've got your pup. Now where are our pictures??

Yeh, but the drive between Ithaca and Albaney is literally like 3 hours of absolutely NOTHING. It was already dark out and didn't want to risk pulling over on the side of the road. And at the rest stop, we picked him up, set him down, he went IMMEDIATELY, then we picked him up and carried him to the car (it's snowy out and he's having a hard time walking on leash). Thanks though! I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next trip. I didn't even THINK.

Pictures will be posted in a hot minute at https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7311-kingsley-s-scrapbook-updated-1-7#115654
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 am

DanielleCortez wrote:
Dot wrote:

Yeh, but the drive between Ithaca and Albaney is literally like 3 hours of absolutely NOTHING. It was already dark out and didn't want to risk pulling over on the side of the road. And at the rest stop, we picked him up, set him down, he went IMMEDIATELY, then we picked him up and carried him to the car (it's snowy out and he's having a hard time walking on leash). Thanks though! I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next trip. I didn't even THINK.

I totally understand, there have been times where she's had to pee somewhere I didn't really want her being (our city is a huge dog city, so, like, everywhere.) We do the put down, pee, pick up sometimes too lol.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 am

It's always so exciting when you bring your puppy home for the first time!! Just remember, don't cave when your puppy sounds like he is DIEING when you start crate training. Well unless you aren't crate training..and if you aren't you should totally think about it. Sheba made me cry I think three times her first month with us. I almost gave in numerous times, but I am VERY glad I didn't! When she was younger she could cry for me to open the door so she could take cat naps Smile. Just remember, don't give in! And also remember it's NEVER too early to start training in general! They are little sponges at this age, so take advantage of it!

Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Thank you! He's actually been really great in the crate. He doesn't cry at night except for about 2 minutes after we brought him in from his 3am potty break. I guess he woke himself up too much and wanted to play. We feed all his meals in his crate upstairs by himself and he falls asleep after finishing eating. No crying. Knock on wood, he'll keep this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We were supposed to get Kingsley today....   We were supposed to get Kingsley today.... Empty

Back to top Go down

We were supposed to get Kingsley today....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1