It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial Empty
PostSubject: I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial   I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:59 pm

So there is a few men working outside to dig up my neighbors front yard(sewer problems)One of the guys decided to say hi to Lucian and my neighbors dog Abby. He was in between the houses on the outside of the fence. Lucian started barking his head off! I was so surprised, I've never seen him do that before. I'm wondering if it's because a stranger approached his territory. He's fine at the dog park, and on walks. He's never barked like that before. I was shocked. He was a little timid too, wouldn't go near the fence, and his hair along his back was standing on end. Should I be concerned about this? I wonder if he was just a little scared, the guy was wearing a hard hat and bright yellow clothes.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial   I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Sophie barks at certain guys on walks, if they look shady. She'll raise the hair along her back and give a couple barks. Sometimes at the dog park she'll run away from a guy a little then bark and if they come near she runs a little further and barks a little more.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial   I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Quote :
the guy was wearing a hard hat and bright yellow clothes.

I've seen the worlds friendliest pit bull (I think they are all friendly but this one goes above and beyond) be scared of two children with bright neon hats. He would try and run away from them and barked when they came too close.

You were probably experiencing more confusion or unsure barking then protection and territorial. Fences can also amplify it because the dog can't actually meet the individual. Weather they are territorial or not, all dogs are more "comfortable" at home and any new element coming in or moving towards it can trigger a lot more excitement than any place else.

~Chris~

Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial   I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm

All the huskies that live in our neighborhood bark at us as we walk by...it could just be that he was scared like everyone has said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial   I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought they weren't supposed to be territorial

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1