It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Congrats. You need to share pix! And yea you need a lot of patience with a puppy. What i tried to do was remind myself this is a puppy only a few weeks old, what would i expect of a human baby at that age. As far as house breaking. The big thing is consistency and paying attention. Key moment to take your puppy out to potty are, right when they wake up, right before you put them to bed, right after they eat, right after or even during play sessions. And take them out every time any of those things happen plus every 45min - hour. Soo you might take them out 12 timea in a day but that will make potty training easier. Also every time you take him out have him sit infront of the door. Eventually he will sit by the door when he has to go. Or you can even do the bell traning, instead of sit. Goodluck!!!
Back to top Go down
jweachter
Newborn
Newborn
jweachter

Male Join date : 2014-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Here is my little Aspen girl with my wife.  Very Happy 

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 20140111
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Love the markings or her
Back to top Go down
CourtneyLynn04
Newborn
Newborn
CourtneyLynn04

Female Join date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Hello from Oregon   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:47 am

Hello!  We just got our little Husky pup three months ago.  She is now 5 1/2 months old.  We are preparing her for the arrival of our first baby, who is due April 29th.  We heard that Huskies are great with kids.  Can't wait to learn more from experienced Husky owners.  Good to meet you all!

-Courtney

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Img_3014

Last edited by CourtneyLynn04 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Here is a picture of our family)
Back to top Go down
MaxJax7274
Newborn
Newborn
MaxJax7274

Male Join date : 2014-03-08

PostSubject: Thank You   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Tori,

Thanks for your message about the rules. This is the first forum I've joined and it's good to know the ground rules. Maneuvering the site is a weep-bit confusing so if I mess something up with posting a topic, I apologize ahead of time. Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hunter333
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:05 pm

New here, looking forward to learning all that I can regarding Alaskan Huskies and bikejoring. I have studied and taught using the Iditarod for 5 years now. This love has lead to some AMAZING mushing experiences close to home. A local musher is coming to my classroom tomorrow to interact with my students! I had wanted a husky for some time, then Tal came in to our life. Tal is 4 today Smile He was born at Natures Kennel in McMillan MI. My family and I visited the kennel in Sept. 2012. What an amazing place, people, and huskies!! Saturday, we will be visiting again to get a training partner for Tal Smile My 8 year old jr. musher cannot wait!!! We have been mushing/bikejoring since Dec. when I figured out that Tal needed to RUN every day, not just "run" in our 1/2 acre fenced in yard. Since that fateful Smile day, Tal has not destroyed things as he had before Smile )Love seat, food storage, bread loaves, VCR tapes, books, toys, boots, shoes, slippers, etc) Anyway, happy to be here!!
Back to top Go down
Lola.n.Oslo
Newborn
Newborn
Lola.n.Oslo

Female Join date : 2014-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi everybody! My name is Lola, and although i don't have any pictures on here, i will soon! I've recently adopted a beautiful husky boy named Oslo. In the past i have owned german shepherds, so Oslo is my first Sibe. I've done so much research finding what kind of dog i would be best suited for, and i found Siberian huskies and i are perfect for each other. I can't wait to share stories and photos of Oslo and of our future adventures!
Back to top Go down
TATIANA THUNDERHAWK
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2014-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:46 am

HELLO MY NAME IS TATIANA MOM OF TARA, MOOKIE , NIKITA, AND NASHA I AM EXCITED TO BE A PART OF THIS GROUP I AM FROM MIICHIGAN I HAVE M.S. AND IT IS PROGRESSING I AM HOPING TO RETRAIN MY KIDS AND MY SELF TO WORK TOGETHER WITH OUR NEW LIFE . CART TRAINING IS SOMETHING I AM VERY INTERESTED IN I WILL POST PICS SOON MY SIGHT IS LIMITED SOMETIMES AND I AM NOT COMPUTER SAVY LOL. MY SISTER CHER IN TENNESSE INTRODUCED ME TO ALL OF YOU THANKS FOR HAVING ME LOOKING FOWARD TO LEARNING ALL I CAN TO KEEP MY FAMILY TOGETHER
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:58 am

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
ppaws45
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:30 am

Glad to be part.. bounce 
Thanks for the welcome
 lol! 
Back to top Go down
traceymjk
Newborn
Newborn
traceymjk

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:33 am

Hello,
This is my first time on this site. I have a baby, she was born on St. Patrick's day of this year! Her name is Volka and she is a sweetheart. She is not my first dog, but my first Husky. We also have a Husky/sheppard mix named kyna who is her best friend.
Back to top Go down
trbomax
Puppy
Puppy
trbomax

Male Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 am

Hello ! I found this site tonight while surfing for information on cateracts in huskys. Our husky is 10 yr old robin. Her sometimes friend is camillia, also 10 who is a purebred australian shepard. We have a mini farm on 35 a in northern michigan with rideing mules ,a mini donkey,and chickens. Our dogs have never been caged or penned and live in or out of the house as they choose (most of the time). Robin wears a radio tracking device for obvious reasons,but we have never had to use it except for monthly drills!She is rarely more than 500 feet from either the house, the barns,or us. The aussie is velcro'd to our leg so she doesnt need a radio!Anyway I have some serious medical issues to discuss but its getting too late tonight so I;ll be back in the morning!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Welcome Robin, Please use the search button up top to see if there are existing post regarding your medical questions. we have a few for cataracts all ready.

Newborn
Newborn
MrsGriever

Female Join date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello. wave Thanks for the rules, so much to read, so little time.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
kelsbels
Newborn
Newborn
kelsbels

Female Join date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi everyone! I have been a member for a while but not an active member. Trying to get back on track. I am friends with Jennifer Bealer who I met in another husky group here in Colorado. I have a husky named Shylo who just turned 7 and is the love of my life. Everyone calls him "the prince" because he acts all regal but secretly he is a big goofball. Looking forward to becoming a more active member.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Hey, Kelly! Nice to see you pop back on here Smile

Aaron said he got to meet you guys at the H2M2 last weekend and really liked Shylo. I can't wait to finally get out to Colorado myself.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
rebk4jc
Newborn
Newborn
rebk4jc

Female Join date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 am

Hi everyone, my name is Rebecca and I'm the proud, and exhausted... owner of Max, a crazy, hyper but lovable 5 month old husky. I live in New York City with my husband and 13 year old son and we all adore our baby Max. We would love to share tips and life experience with other fellow husky owners who are more experienced, since this is our first sibe and we want to make sure we are giving him proper care. Thank you all and I look forward to talking to you about our wonderful furry friends soon. Good day Very Happy

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Max3m11
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Welcome, Rebecca - we have a very active member from NYC with Dizzy, a very handsome fellow. As is Max!
Back to top Go down
lauramsr
Newborn
Newborn
lauramsr

Female Join date : 2014-06-08

PostSubject: Teaching an old dog...   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:44 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Great post and great sticky!  wave

Welcome, new members! Definitely check out all the stickies first and then introduce yourself in the Welcome Mat! https://www.itsahuskything.com/f1-the-welcome-mat  

Some great resources here for both first time husky owners, prospective owners and us old timers that just love talking about our dogs and have worn out friends and family with all our huskies stories!  lol!

Hollywood Huskies, I just rescued a 1.5 yrs old girl. Any tips on training? She doesn't potty in the house (unless her stomach is upset) but I am having a hard time getting her to not pull.
Back to top Go down
codythehuskylover
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: I Love Huskys   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Sounds great! Stoked to be a part of this. farao
Back to top Go down
MrsGriever
Newborn
Newborn
MrsGriever

Female Join date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Max is too cute! Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
mande1985
Newborn
Newborn
mande1985

Female Join date : 2015-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm a first time Husky owner. My fiance has had him for almost 8years. We were finally able to have him with us. Its been about a week. We have three cats. Its a big adjustment. But we are making it work. I will do everything in my power to keep him with us. He's a great dog. Super smart. Just really big!

We have a very small space but he doesn't seem to mind. We walk him constantly. His favorite game is tug of war. Which is great! Since you don't need lots of room for that. He's trying his hardest to be gentle with the cats and find his place in our pack.

He's a big baby, a goof ball and a Casanova. He is always trying to get my love! But his Daddy is who has his heart. Which is extremely fitting because he has mine as well.

I've come to this forum to figure this new life out. Already I've gotten help and advice. Everyone has been super nice and not at all judgy. Especially since this breed is very unique. Some people feel they need specifics to live a great life, I.e. a fenced in yard and a huge house.

Thanks for making this a comfortable place and having a site I can turn to for the suggestions and opinions I need. Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello, welcome aboard. Glad you joined.

It's good to hear you are making strides with your dynamic family.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Machi55
Newborn
Newborn
Machi55

Male Join date : 2015-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello all,

New to the husky world with my rescue Skyla, hope to get valuable information off this site.

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Ski_110
Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Ski_210

Last edited by Machi55 on Sun May 17, 2015 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next