It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RAHUSKY
Puppy
Puppy
RAHUSKY

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Nicole Navarro wrote:
hello my name is Nicole and I'm a new husky owner. ive only had him for a few days and its been pretty rough I'm open to any advice. my family isn't very helpful or patient so they make this process even more stressful
Exercise the bee-jeepers out of them. Really, a tired husky is a good husky. Enjoy the ride:)
Back to top Go down
http://rahusky.blogspot.com/
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm

@Nicole Navarro a little information, such as how old your new addition is, can help us help you better. Welcome to the forum, I'm sure whatever questions you may have can be answered by one of us here, there is a lot of experience and knowledge at your disposal should you need it.
Back to top Go down
Keeper2
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Thank you for the forum. I am new here and still trying to figure out how to post comments and ask questions. I would like to post a pic of my Husky mix.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Keeper2
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 am

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 Keeper10
Thank you for the help to insert a pic of my Husky mix.
Back to top Go down
gunz1987
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 5:10 am

Hi guys,,i am new ,,i have just adopted my dog Koa,,,but i am not sure that whether he is a pure husky or not ,,i am uploadung the picturs ,,can you guys please helpHello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 Receiv13
Back to top Go down
Keeper2
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 am

I was thinking of asking the same question about my pet Keeper and while I was in Alaska, thinking I would find my answer there, found it difficult to identify what Pure Husky was. I found what I think were twins of my Husky mix that had the same floppy ears and talked with the same sound but I will never know for sure. I registered here the day after I had to put my my Keeper to sleep. I am not sure how much Husky was in my Keeper but I am convinced he was pure Husky in his hart and he is flying through the snow with all his brothers and sisters. I do think that any Husky or Husky mix makes a perfect, unique personality and I look forward to finding another perfect Husky/Husky Mix for my next pet. I definitely don't know if your dog is pure but I am sure the Husky in him will always be true to you, he is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
gunz1987
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Thanks keeper2,,,,????????
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi Gunz and welcome to the forum! What a lovely husky, and Koa looks pretty pure to me Smile Congrats and enjoy, they are indeed a fantastic and unique breed.
Back to top Go down
gunz1987
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks miyasmomma,,,
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:22 pm

You're welcome Smile Koa has a lovely husky head, ears are lovely and eye placement is to die for, perfect angulation <3
Back to top Go down
gunz1987
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 pm

I was just a curious about the coat colour @miyasmomma
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Oh Koa is a red or liver, just super light, we have many reds in the group and many are as light as Koa, it is a common and accepted coat color for huskies.
Back to top Go down
gunz1987
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Oh ,, i didn't know that,,thanks again,,,,
Back to top Go down
Lukathehusky
Newborn
Newborn
Lukathehusky

Female Join date : 2018-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 pm

So thankful for this forum!! I love connecting with other husky owners and appreciate all the advice and suggestions Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarainarenee
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi my name is Saraina, I’m a brand new husky owner. I have a 8 week old pup named Indica. She’s definitely a handful and any advice anyone has to offer would be helpful. I know she is young and has a lot of training and learning to do but I’d like advice on where to start.
She bites the hell out of me, chews on everything and does not listen to anything I tell her especially the word “No” when she’s in a playful mood...
Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 1869c310
Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 178a3810
Back to top Go down
Moose2127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Introduction   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi,

I have recently started training a husky mix to be my next service dog. I have had two labs in the past. I wanted to try a different breed of dog this time, but find that it is more difficult to train him. Not because he is unwilling; I just know less about huskies. I am glad to be here and would post a picture but I am not really sure how to resize it.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

Depending on where it is hosted it should resize itself when you post. There is a sticky on how to post pictures. When you are on the main page believe it shows up at the top right of the page.

Huskies tend to be notoriously bad service dogs and often can't pass the test. They are very smart, too smart. But they are also very independent and can be exceptionally difficult to really solidify in some tasks depending on the type of support you are trying to train them for. People using them for emotional support can often find themselves facing far more anxiety since they have such a demanding exercise need, can't be trusted real well off leash so may run away if in public and leash is dropped. They also have a super high prey drive that may cause them to act out around small critters. You've definitely got a task ahead of you. We have a lot of training tips though if you do a search. You are definitely not the first to try to make a husky a service dog. A few have done alright. Many gave up and got a second dog to be their service dog though and just kept the husky as a companion and playmate for that dog.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Thank you Twisterll,

I know that Sly will be harder to train, but after trying a GSD and failing. I am willing to give this baby a shot at it.  I know that if he doesn't make that cut that my step-dad is willing to keep him as a pet.  But so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Moose2127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 20180410
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:04 am

He's definitely got something mixed in him like bull terrier which may actually help to even his energy and trainability out. Good luck and keep us posted. It's always nice to hear how things go. Service dog training is a great dedication and there are a lot of techniques that can be useful to those who aren't training theirs to be service dogs that could benefit us all I think.

Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2018-08-08

PostSubject: confused   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Hiya. Thanks so much for the welcome! To be honest, I can't figure anything out. I can't figure out how to bring pix in to my profile or even this post. Where is this an option? Sorry if I'm slow!

-Christina
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 10:21 am

cpschwerin wrote:
Hiya.  Thanks so much for the welcome!  To be honest, I can't figure anything out. I can't figure out how to bring pix in to my profile or even this post.  Where is this an option?  Sorry if I'm slow!

-Christina

In the top right hand corner of the site (if you are on a laptop or desktop computer) there is a post labeled "How to Upload Pictures" that goes over how to add pictures to threads.

To create new posts you just go to the subforum that matches you topic question (ie. Medical Issues, Training, etc.) and look at the top of the page for the "New Topic" button.

To create an Avatar that people will see next to your username you must go to your profile and click on the word "avatar" that will be across the top of the control panel and either upload a picture from computer or use a picture's url from a hosting site like onedrive or photobucket.

Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2019-12-18

PostSubject: hello there i have a quiestion.    Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm

I have a female Siberian husky 9 months old. very picky with her food , but lately she hasn't been eating at all , we've tried different brands and kind of food and the only thing she does is smell the food and leave. what should I do ? Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 1625187496
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 11:43 pm

The normal order of things recommended in this type of situation is:

1. Have a vet checkup to make sure there isn't anything wrong with her that's making her not want to eat.
  2. If she's healthy pick one good quality food
  3. Put it down for about 10 minutes, if she doesn't eat it, pick the bowl up and offer it again at her next normal feeding time.

An expression you'll see in various forms is "A healthy dog won't starve itself to death laying beside a bowl of good food."
This is the doggy version of "tough love" ... Huskies are smart and given the opportunity will eventually choose a good filet mignon ... don't let it get that far.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next