It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need some help with Kay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Need some help with Kay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 am

Sounds like great progress... keep it up! Every day!

Need some help with Kay - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 am

I'll be texting you when I get off Abby. -hint hint wink wink-

Naw honestly I quite enjoyed walking a dog besides my howling demon machine puppy. Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 am

Lol, even though Kay is incredibly annoying? She doesn't just annoy Maya, she annoys everybody!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 am

But that face! She knows she can get away with it Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Got a couple video's of Maya and Kay this morning

Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Maya had been trying to get Kay to play with her all morning, Kay finally gave in. Kay gets a little snappy near the end and almost goes for Maya but decides against it.

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 pm

I hope everything works out for you!! Have you thought about bringing a behaviorist in? I know people above me mentioned it, but have you decided one way or another? A behaviorist would be able to tell you why they start fighting outside and what is triggering them to fight in the first place. Then you bring a trainer in to (hopefully) fix it. I also agree with muzzling, it won't hurt and you're not being mean.

I'm sorry you lost one of your kitties Crying or Very sad

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 am

I would love to get one to come in but my parents don't believe there's anything wrong. They think it'll work out with time.

I was off subbing for a friend and bowling with my mom on a league today So my dad and little sister were in charge of watching the dogs. So of course there's a pee spot that i get to clean up and they told me that Kay's eyebrow is bleeding because they got into a fight. They said they let them work it out because there's no way to stop it Need some help with Kay - Page 2 1625187496 I've stopped many fights, it's not THAT hard to do. They hadn't had a fight in like three or four days because i'd stop it before it became a fight.

I have been doing the muzzling in the yard but it's not for too long because Kay almost takes the muzzle off and i don't want her to have the time to actually get it off.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

So there have been no fights since my last post on here! Maya really likes Kay now and her resource guarding is getting much better since she likes Kay. They're still not allowed to have toys yet though, Kay also seems to somewhat respect Maya now. I can walk them together and they'll sniff things side by side just fine. The only time they might get into a fight on a walk is when they're both reacting to another dog, i'm working on getting them to not react to other dogs.

Here's some rough housing this morning, this is actually the roughest they've ever gotten without a fight happening.

And in this they were playing all cute and then Kay finds some dirt or something to eat and they sorta fight over it.

A lot of the initial problem with Kay and the girls is because Kay bites a lot harder then Maya and Sophie do. Maya has some bite marks on her upper lip from Kay biting it during play. Is there a way i can get her to bite more gently? she won't listen to other dogs, she just gets angry when they tell her off.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Update, Maya and Kay haven't had any serious fights lately. They both like each other and play all day long. They still have disagreements here and there but other then that they're like sisters. They can lick something that fell on the floor together without any problems. Here's a video of Kay and Maya playing on the couch, Kay had just shoved Maya out of her spot.

Last edited by MayaAndSophie on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Glad to hear things are getting better!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:37 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:
Glad to hear things are getting better!
I'm glad things are getting better too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Just found this thread. Curious how things have been going? Especially with you being in South Carolina. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I asked my parents how they were doing and they were tired of taking care of them. Rolling Eyes Apparently Kay and Maya got into a fight, they didn't say how bad so i'm guessing it was just them telling each other off. They also said Kay and Sophie fought which they play fight and sometimes that gets out of hand but they don't fight fight. If they do Maya breaks it up anyway.

They've been doing much better though, i take all three out for walks on my walking belt. Kay and Maya get badly tangled sometimes and they don't even fight even though they can't get away from each other. The only time i keep them separate on walks is if i see a dog walking near us and they start reacting to it. But they saw a cat and stood right next to each other and were fine. Some pics of them sniffing together and walking.

Need some help with Kay - Page 2 644461_455690481168167_123056483_n
Need some help with Kay - Page 2 421944_455690664501482_1583298620_n
This took forever to get them to do.
Need some help with Kay - Page 2 2cmrkgo
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

And a video of Maya and Kay playing. Kay's been quite the jerk to her today but Maya just ignores or jumps away.

Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Glad to hear it is going pretty well. Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Here's an adorable pic of Maya and Kay that i took today. Maya was laying her head over Kay's neck but then she moved.

Need some help with Kay - Page 2 549812_460881103982438_319941835_n

They've been not so great with each other since i came home. They do loads of posturing where Kay will walk up to Maya with her front hackles up a little and put her head over Maya's shoulder after sniffing and grumbling at her. Then Maya puts her head over Kay's shoulder and then Kay might try to hump Maya but Maya will just turn around real fast and not let her. Then Maya will pin her and Kay snarls and tells her off and Maya jumps away really fast and then dodges Kay's snaps at her (Kay will chase her growling and snapping at her). Then they stop and shake it off. They did all this before i left though.

They got into a little spat while i was putting a pizza in the oven, they were in the hallway outside of the kitchen. I heard what sounded like a whimper that turned into an angry growl and then the sounds of a fight. I yelled hey and they stopped but idk what set them off. They were just standing there probably posturing again.
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Don't you wish you could smack them across the back of the head like Gibbs on NCIS and then sit them down and tell them to quit being stubborn and dominating brats and just get along?
Haha. Sorry for my randomness. I'm a bit slap happy. Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 pm

More like kick Kay across the room. Though i wouldn't do that.....probably.....

She's also incredibly ANNOYING! She's so licky and bitey and jumpy. Sophie's getting annoyed with her too, Kay likes to grab her back leg and not let go. Sophie will try to get her to let go but Kay doesn't so Sophie makes her let go. Then it turns into a fight (very minor) because Kay doesn't like to be told off and can do whatever she wants. Rolling Eyes Then Maya shoves them apart and yells at them, Kay then will yell at Maya but back off (luckily because her little butt would be kicked if she didn't back down.)

Sophie will also show her teeth at Kay if Kay comes up to her and chews on her while Sophie is laying on the couch. I don't mind that because i'd like them to teach Kay to stop being annoying but it's not working. Kay doesn't listen and turns things into fights because she wants to do whatever. Need some help with Kay - Page 2 85993
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:42 pm

She sounds quite a lot like Phoenix when she was about a year. She'd grab Kumari's rear leg and hold on in an attempt to get Kumari to wrestle with her. Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 am

Kay's going to have to learn to grow up fast. I get chewed out by my mom about how annoying Kay is and how i need to train her better. She isn't so annoying to me, it's just with other people and dogs. She listens to other dogs like when she goes to the dog park. At least as far as i've seen. A BC really told her off when Kay grabbed her leg but Kay just ran away from her. Then a small dog was attacking her face (idk what Kay did to it) but she just let it and the owners grabbed their dog. Why can't she listen to mine!!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 am

Cause they're sisters?
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 am

Dot wrote:
Cause they're sisters?
Lol, i don't think they think they're sisters.
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 am

Sounds like Kay is trying to figure out her place in the pack.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:51 am

Super Nova wrote:
Sounds like Kay is trying to figure out her place in the pack.
I hope she figures it out soon and stops being such a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with Kay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Training-