It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need some help with Kay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Here they are today.

Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Heart.Of.A.Wolf wrote:
Don't you wish you could smack them across the back of the head like Gibbs on NCIS

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 Gibbs_head_slap_by_eib29

LOL! Anyway.

Perhaps is this an instance of a Husky finding their place in "the pack", and will she eventually settle down and just accept her spot?

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Super Nova wrote:
Sounds like Kay is trying to figure out her place in the pack.
I hope she figures it out soon and stops being such a jerk.

I'm going to refer myself to the picture above. Laughing

Last edited by Chelsii on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops)
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Chelsii wrote:
Heart.Of.A.Wolf wrote:
Don't you wish you could smack them across the back of the head like Gibbs on NCIS

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 Gibbs_head_slap_by_eib29

LOL! Anyway.

Perhaps is this an instance of a Husky finding their place in "the pack", and will she eventually settle down and just accept her spot?

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Super Nova wrote:
Sounds like Kay is trying to figure out her place in the pack.
I hope she figures it out soon and stops being such a jerk.

I'm going to refer myself to the picture above. Laughing

Best post ever!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Lol! Man they've been ticking me off lately. Sophie and Kay getting into fights like all the time lately because of Kay's trying to "play" with her. I think Sophie's just annoyed with her. Then there's Maya and Kay who get into stare downs, you can feel the tension. Then they shake it off and go different ways.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Figured i'd post this here since i hadn't posted it, and you can see how it was like when they were outside together. They haven't gotten into a fight like this in like 2 months so at least that's something.

They've accidentally gotten out together a couple times and i had to run after them hoping to catch one before a fight happened. Luckily one never did and the situation didn't seem so bad but i still didn't want to chance it. Especially since Kay was really freaking Maya out and Maya was lifting her hackles (Kay's were already up).

I'll post updates on their outside (muzzled) play so we can compare. Kay doesn't do much other then roll around trying to get the muzzle off. Maya jumps around her trying to get her to play or do something.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:11 am

I don't know the fighting seems a lot more bark, then actually attacking. That's how Embry gets when he gets into with dogs at the park, he never leaves a mark, he's telling them off. He's been doing it a lot latetly and is getting really close to no more trips to the park because it's one thing when it's my dogs, but it's someone elses dogs and if he did actually attack them, I'd be in a lot of trouble.

I feel like Kay lacked a lot of socialization with other dogs as a puppy, and was probably take from her littermates way before 8 weeks. You can tell she doesn't mean any harm, she just doesn't know how to play with other dogs properly, and doesn't know when to stop. Hopefully as she grows up and matures she'll chill out. Zoey used to be a nutcase, now she's going to be 3 in July and she's SO calm.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 am

I'm hoping she'll calm down eventually. Yeah their fights are usually all noise, that one was a small one which is why i didn't have to break it up. They get into some really nasty ones outside and i have to separate them because Kay will just keep going after Maya and won't stop fighting with her. Maya stops when i break them up and she'll just be standing there shaking while Kay is snarling and trying to get to her. When Kay gets to her and they continue fighting is when injuries occur. This hasn't happened lately though, they've only gotten into little spats which is just one telling the other off and it doesn't go much further then that.

Maya gets into all noise fights at the dog park too which is why i'm hesitant of bringing her anymore. It seems to be more frequent now and it's usually when a dog chases her and bites her on the butt. But the fight is like 10 seconds long.
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Hm. That's a bit hectic. And escalated rather quickly. I have to agree with Jeannet about calming down as she ages and hopefully she figures it all out sooner rather than later. It really does look like she is acting like a puppy and playing, but doesn't understand when to stop.
She needs to meet my Kumari. Kumari will tell her no, but won't fight back. If it gets too much for her she just walks away. It would give Kay the chance to learn the meaning of no from a dog and from you because you could intervene easily either with your hand or just words, with no risk of an actual fight breaking out. Too bad we live so far apart. :/
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Yeah, that'd be awesome! We don't live too far away, only about 4 hours. Wink

I feel like i post too many video's but here's some more from today.

And then after that.

Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Updated version of them playing in the yard. Took this today since it was so nice out.

Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Let them out in the yard today without the muzzle on Kay. Smile

Sophie is dying in the background...
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:34 pm

That Sophie making noises in the background? She sounds just like Phoenix when she is trying to get other dogs to play with her. Haha
Kay gets tired pretty quickly. lol. But they seem to be getting along just fine to me. I have to say from this video it does look like Kay has some back leg issues of some kind. Her run and trot are off. And it could be why she takes breaks after running and stuff. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:06 pm

So it's not just me who thinks there's something wrong with her back legs!

Sophie hates not being able to be out to play with them. But she goes into pack bully mode when she's with Maya which just makes things worse.
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Kay just needs to find her place in the pack and be accepted by them both.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Yup, she sorta respects Maya a little now.

Sophie, not so much. Though Sophie hasn't been putting up with much from her lately which is good.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Haven't updated this is a while, the girls are doing just fine. Smile They don't fight now unless it's over some animal they killed in the backyard and even that's just a small one. They all still seem to be trying to figure out the pack but they play and seem to enjoy each other. I'm glad i didn't give up on Kay now because her and Sophie love each other, they're constantly playing.

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 1002817_500494303354451_1806596741_n

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 1013394_500495336687681_2126787682_n

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 1001851_500496536687561_405982949_n

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 999327_500497073354174_560264118_n

Need some help with Kay - Page 3 1001477_506940446043170_674736222_n

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm really happy to hear that she's doing better! It would've been really sad to have to re-home her.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah i would have hated to re-home her. Now the only major thing we're working on is sharing toys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Kay   Need some help with Kay - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with Kay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Training-