It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How long do you spend with Your husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

How long do you spend with Your husky?  Empty
PostSubject: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am

Besides the walking time how long do you spend playing with your dog, training them, or just socializing?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 am

I spend time with mine all day, because I work from home. Aside from that, I spend about 30 minutes a day training. During warmer months, we frequent the dog park minimum 5 days a week and stay up to 2 hours. I also include my dogs on most activities with me. Especially, when we go to national harbor, old town alexandria, or any place that has hiking or parks.

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am

Saya always has company but we are not always interacting saya and I interact for maybe an hour a day aside from our walks. My sister also interacts with her for about an hour maybe more. Besides that saya is either sleeping or chewing on one of her toys
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am

Almost every non-working moment I have. I don't go out much because of the dogs so I keep busy with them. I keep my plans with friends & family to meeting them for lunch on my work days and will plan things for half the day on Saturdays or Sundays. All other free time goes to them. They never leave my side when I'm home and there is jut no way I can't interact with them no matter what I'm doing. This is why I, personally, will not have an outside dog. I wouldn't get as much time in with them otherwise. That's just my preference. Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 am

I'm a stay at home mom so I spend all day every day with my dogs. My sibe is involved in everything I do all day long so he gets attention in some form at all times.

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:06 pm

When Chris and I get home, its pretty much all evening with them. Even while we watch TV we talk to them or pet or cuddle. Rip cuddled for like 2 hours last night on the couch. On the weekends we try and take them with us if we have to go someplace, or we go to the dog park with them.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 pm

We both spend almost all day with the pups. I am a stay at home husky mom now,, John works from home he is home all day. In fact the only time we leave them is if we go somewhere they can't go like out to eat or grocery shopping.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Well in the morning we have our snuggle time in bed before I get up then they chill till I walk them and then off to work. When back home they get walked again and follow me around as I make dinner and get snacks or a head rub as I pass them. If they are in the mood we will play with a ball inside. Sat. Is dog day always try to get them out to do something. Sun maybe a longer walk and dog park. They are never not around us, sometimes its just saying their name and telling them something. They take turns on the sofa getting love when I do sit down. So I guess you can say they are always with me when home, never left outside unless they want to be. But S&J are older and we don't really do training with them, if we do its out on the trails and such.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Kellyb wrote:
When Chris and I get home, its pretty much all evening with them. Even while we watch TV we talk to them or pet or cuddle. Rip cuddled for like 2 hours last night on the couch. On the weekends we try and take them with us if we have to go someplace, or we go to the dog park with them.

Yep, pretty much. When I get home it's two 30min runs (or walks). Hubby cuddles with the dog(s) not being walked while I'm out with the other (s). Then it's play time in the yard, and tons of affection throughout the night. They're always in bed with us, on the couch, or playing. On the weekends I try to take Kody/Asia to the dog park and give Mya a nice longer walk at the park.

I REALLY do need to start walking them in the mornings though. That was one of my new years resolutions (lol), but it's been something everyday this week. Sunday and Monday night they woke me up several times so I was exhausted and then this morning it was threatening to rain (had been raining on and off all night).
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm

I work part time so when I'm not at work, Karli is with me. If I can get away with taking her with me, I do. We walk twice a day (right now its just for 20min stints or shorter, but as she gets older, we'll make that longer) and then we have short five minute training sessions throughout the evening so I can keep her attention. Hubby actually worked with her last night and taught her to shake. Its not 100% yet but she does it most of the time. Then throughout the evening she'll jump up on the couch to cuddle and see what I'm doing. And then we brush hair and teeth and then its off to bed!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

As much time as I possibly can. On days I don't work, I rarely do anything that doesn't involve them. Every day I have an opening shift or I'm off we go to the dog park in the evenings. Every morning we do walks. I'm hoping to get my bike from my dads and start biking with Cloud to kill some of his energy before taking a short walk with Yuki and him. And then I hope to start biking Yuki soon as shes approaching 6 months old Very Happy Although I'm gonna have to train her not to pull until shes a year.. thats gonna be fun Razz
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Besides work, and the occasional night out, I'm always with at least one of the dogs.
When I first wake up, I kick all 6 outside, and then wait for Lucy to finish pottying and come in before closing the door. Then I shower and get dressed, so that they have plenty of time to do buisness. After shower, we take our morning walk, come home, and its time for people and dogs alike to eat, so we have breakfast, and then the dogs have some down time while I clean the kitchen. After that, I Usually have to work or run an errand, and depending on what I'm doing, I try to take my 3 of the pack with me. If I'm not working, I spend 20 minutes with each dog doing some positive reinforcement training and working on commands they already know how to do. Even Lucy is an active participant. After training, it's bathroom time, and this time, Ill throw on shoes aand a coat and play fetch, or chase, or tug with all the dogs for 30 minutes or an hour. When that's finished, the dogs are usually content with cuddling up for a while so ill put on a movie, or music, and depending on what the house looks like, I either cuddle into my dogs and relax for an hour, or I'm cleaning the house, and the dog facilities.
Another bathroom break, and long walk happens a few hours before dinner, ending about an hour before dinner, which I also usually am the one to feed. The rest of the night we just love on the dogs and sometime throw in some more training. When bedtime comes, my 3 no longer care for sleeping in a crate. Panzer cuddles up near my head on my pillows, Mixie likes to be my "little spoon" on top of the blanketys, and Soshanna likes to curl into a ball and tuck into the back bend of my knees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long do you spend with Your husky?    How long do you spend with Your husky?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How long do you spend with Your husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1