It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rainy day blues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Anakin is having a his shy fit because I refuse to share his joy of playing in the rain. He's starting to get mischievous from lack of entertainment. He's also ignoring all his toys and refuses to be consoled. He's become a little divo Rainy day blues 1625187496 what do you guys usually do on rainy days with restless husky Razz
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 pm

I just walk Saber in the rain. Whether it's drizzling or pouring. He wants to go so I take him. I've gotten drenched many times!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:09 pm

My girls don't like the rain and they're pretty lazy on rainy days. They usually entertain themselves if they do anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

I take Kavik out rain or shine, I have to to keep up with potty training. Just have a towel ready when you come in so he doesn't track water everywhere! My last husky hated baths and the pool, but loved getting drenched in the rain. Rainy day blues 1625187496

Last edited by Kavik_the_Havoc on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 pm

When my sibe was younger and had a lot more energy I used to walk him whether it was raining or not.

Now that he's older and content to relax a lot more I don't fret when we miss walks due to weather or whatever else keeps us in.

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Ours get waked rain or shine (or epic snowstorm) on the weekends we dont as much mainly because we can let them in the backyard to play and we interact with them all day. But weekdays before and after work, no matter what they get walked.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Even if you really don't want to go into the rain, the little guy still has to run! If you have a helper present, split some treats between you two and call him back and forth through the house. You can switch up where you are so he has to find you, or if that's too hard for him, just call him back and forth from the same spot. If you use a hallway, you can set up a small (no taller than the bottom of his chest) blockade that he can jump over too. Since he's such a tiny pup, that'll wear him down pretty well.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:29 pm

we walk rain or shine. its been raining all week since monday here and ive given up on trying to be dry lol. Its supposed to turn to snow today (I hope!) but my girl loves the rain so we still go out.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 pm

My dogs don't go out if it's raining or too cold for my liking, lol. But they know that they don't get to tell me when it's time to go walk, I let them know. With my health issues and my husband being military, I had to have them conditioned to where if I am sick for a week they just have to deal with the lack of exercise (like last week).
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

We walk the pups sometimes when it is rainy or cold. When the weather gets really bad for us humans I might schedule a day at daycare for them that really helps they get tired out and even tired the next day.

The day care we go to has the pups play 3 hours in the morning a rest time for 2 hours over lunch and play for another 2-3 hours in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Bodhi goes out rain or shine. 1 run and 2 walks.
I do live in Oregon which means If I waited until it was not raining, we'd both be porkers.

Waterproof boots and a big golf umbrella help terrifically for walking. On runs, we both get soaked.
Back to top Go down
Merch
Newborn
Newborn
Merch

Male Join date : 2013-01-16

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 pm

I live in Vancouver if I didn't take Varu out when it is raining he'd never leave the house. I just run him to the bathroom and attack him with a towel before he can shake off the water in the house.

I only have the one dog with a tiny yard so taking him for walks is more important than it is for others.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 pm

It's not the rain that bothers me lol, it's freezing rain and its raining up down left and right. He still managed to get me out of the house Mad . I suppose the feeling in my fingers will come back :p. someday. he was delighted as I've ever seen him, prancing around in the rain and wind like it was the best thing in the world lol!. He was much more content after going out for a little bit and has decided now that he has nearly frozen me he can finally curl up for a nap.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

We walk unless it is lightening. Goretex shoes and pants are awesome. Sometime we got to petsmart and walk around. I'm not sure if you pup has all their shots to go out and about.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 pm

No which is why he's restricted to the back yard for play time at the moment and the front yard whenever he makes it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rainy day blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainy day blues   Rainy day blues Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainy day blues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1