It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am

Super Nova wrote:
MayaAndSophie wrote:
Super Nova wrote:
Yes, he is named after Nova the guy with the golden helmet and thermal powers ;D. We would like to go to one of the meetups when he has his shots, shouldn't be too long from now, i think it's like a month from now when hes fully done with all of the ones he will need for now.

And yeah, people always think we named him after northern Virginia haha, we have to tell them all the time. I'm surprised you guys even knew about Nova the comic book hero, hes kinda been out of the equation for a while except for Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, which we play all the time.
I want to play marvel vs capcom 3 because Amaterasu is in it! I almost named Sophie Amaterasu.

If he was a she it would have been Amaterasu! Smile
Awesome! Your near the top of my favorite people list now! Razz
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 am

Brandon&Mishka wrote:
Good luck saying no when your pup does something wrong. He's just going to think your saying his name Lol. NOva!!

We thought of that day one, so we use "Stop" instead of "No" ;D
Back to top Go down
Me & Ghost
Puppy
Puppy
Me & Ghost

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Welcome to you guys and Nova Smile

Just a funny fact for you guys, in portuguese Nova means "new" in feminine. So it kind of fits beacuse your husky is "new" in here Smile
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm pretty deep into comics, I almost got one of Anakin's sisters just so I could finally have my "white queen emma frost"
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
SkylerWest wrote:
Yeah, A few of the dogs here are named after comic book characters or anime ones. Anakin was almost "Ichigo." But he got named after a jedi instead. Do you mean nova the guy with the golden helmet and thermal energy powers?

My next red will be Ichigo Razz I lovee Bleach <3

If my next pup is a white male I'll name him Toshi short for Toshiro just for you Razz
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
Mobezilla wrote:
SkylerWest wrote:
Yeah, A few of the dogs here are named after comic book characters or anime ones. Anakin was almost "Ichigo." But he got named after a jedi instead. Do you mean nova the guy with the golden helmet and thermal energy powers?

My next red will be Ichigo Razz I lovee Bleach <3

If my next pup is a white male I'll name him Toshi short for Toshiro just for you Razz

Why thank you! I was going to name a white male Toushirou if I got one.. but for some reason I don't see myself getting a white. I'd hate to explain all the time its a /husky/ not a german shepherd! LOL people are stupid
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 pm

There are a few obvious differences but most people don't pay attention to them. Huskies as far as I've seen, don't have the same tail ,face , or paws at least thats what I use to tell them apart. Blue eyes are usually a dead give away but I've seen some people ignore that even ooooh well.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
There are a few obvious differences but most people don't pay attention to them. Huskies as far as I've seen, don't have the same tail ,face , or paws at least thats what I use to tell them apart. Blue eyes are usually a dead give away but I've seen some people ignore that even ooooh well.
I really wish some people weren't so ignorant, people ask me if Sophie is a mix all the time since her coat isn't the same pattern as Kay and Maya. Some people also ask if Sophie is Maya's daughter or if they're sisters because they look exactly alike. Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 1625187496 They don't look alike at all.

I haven't been asked anything while walking Kay, she scares people to the other side of the street.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Lmao, scare people to the other side of the street. Anakin hasn't been out of the yard even tho he has his parvo and distrmper shot. Anakin is bigger than the average pup and fluffy, even tho he has blue and green eyes, someone still thought he was a Mal.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
Lmao, scare people to the other side of the street. Anakin hasn't been out of the yard even tho he has his parvo and distrmper shot. Anakin is bigger than the average pup and fluffy, even tho he has blue and green eyes, someone still thought he was a Mal.
People think that Kay is a Malamute puppy...

I tell them that she's not a puppy and doesn't look like she has any Mal in her but they say they've never seen that long of a coat on a sibe. She's also smaller then Maya and Sophie and weighs about 35lbs
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

The breed is diverse, I find it highly annoying that some people refuse to see it. One lady at pet smart asked me if I knew they blew coat howled like gypsies ( her words not mine) and were nearly impossible to train. I mean I'm sure there are people out there that don't do research but honestly. I feel like a majority of it is at almost 22 I still look
16 and I guess they wanna inform this "kid" about his new puppy :p
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
The breed is diverse, I find it highly annoying that some people refuse to see it. One lady at pet smart asked me if I knew they blew coat howled like gypsies ( her words not mine) and were nearly impossible to train. I mean I'm sure there are people out there that don't do research but honestly. I feel like a majority of it is at almost 22 I still look
Yeah that happened to me a couple times too, but i also look 16. Razz

I really wish people would know how diverse the breed is, i mean in eight below they had a piebald husky so i was happy they were getting a little diverse in movies. Now when i walk into a pet store with 3 huskies people are just impressed at how i can handle 3 (i can't, lol). Or they ask me why i would want three of these beasts, why not? But now with grown up pups i mainly do the informing of people who want to know about the breed.
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 am

Quote :
SkylerWest wrote:

Yeah that happened to me a couple times too, but i also look 16.

Haha, yea... I'm approaching my 24th birthday this April, and still people commonly think I'm no older than 16-18 tops. I've actually been guessed to be FOURTEEN twice. Common people, you're off by a decade..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D   Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from William and Monique and our new Husky Nova ;D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2