It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! Empty
PostSubject: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:53 pm

Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 1_zpsa86a5a9f
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 72941_4939982453792_563510311_n_zps1f37b8a3
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 148335_4940867115908_2128529373_n_zps92a1e0a7
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 319858_4940044095333_2077282505_n_zpse79481cb
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 269276_4940868475942_1607726027_n_zpsa154dd27
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 319844_4940009414466_228660751_n_zps02b9247c
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! 480109_4939996774150_1952971839_n_zps3ae4cdf0
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! Image_zps6d28b010
Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! Image_zpsad4edb80
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:00 pm

So cute.. So you were able to get a puppy. More information about Alki.??
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm

We were! It's like it was meant to be. Haha. He's about 7 and a half weeks. We got him through this really great couple. He's absolutely perfect. Smile.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:15 pm

She's beautiful. Glad it worked out for you!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:24 pm

It's a boy. Razz. thank you. Yeah, we didn't think we were going to find one but we did. And he's perfect.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Glad it worked out and you got a beautiful boy there.. Will look forward to lots of pictures watching him grow up.

I love puppy pictures neither of mine came to me as puppies.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Ah sorry, typo!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Oh, we'll be posting a lot, so no worries. Smile

Sara, haha. I do it all the time!

He's super shy and skittish though. He also keeps panting even though he's had water. I just haven't met a puppy that wasn't hyper. Haha.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

It might be stress because of the change of scenery. He'll probably get over it in a day or two.
Cute pup and congratz on aquiring him Very Happy

Last edited by uelrindru on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : being sick is apparently killing my ability to form coherent sentences.)
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Haha. I love your edit note. I'm hoping that's all it is. :/. Feel better soon darling!
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 pm

He's a cutie! I love his coloring.
Back to top Go down
madisonmenece
Puppy
Puppy
madisonmenece

Male Join date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 pm

what cute guy and he has a lovely mask, take loads of pics they get big quick I think ours is like almost 5 times her weight from when we got her at 8 weeks and she is only 7 months now. Enjoy and the shyness will fade fast
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks, how did Alki do in the car? She looks like a natural.

Last edited by uelrindru on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : omg they look perfect in my head...)
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

He's fantastic. It's just scary because he's panting and breathing so fast. It's not hot and he's had water. We think it's just stress. Should we be concerned?
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 pm

He did fine! He just looked out the window and tried to climb over my shoulder. Haha.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

I wouldn't be unless the breathing sounds labored, just give him some space and let him explore. calm soothing voices. Bella did that a bit when we got her, she had to stay in her crate in the back of my ex's van. She didn't like it but it was the only thing we could think of on short notice. Try giving her some treats to calm her down and make sure she has something that came from where she was with familiar smells on it to calm him.
Also, with every dog I've ever had the first night you get them sleep on the floor with them and if you have an old analog clock that ticks have that near you. Supposedly it will remind them of their mom's heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 pm

He is absolutely beautiful!! SO glad you were able to find a puppy!!!!! Smile Definitely looking forward to all the photos of him!!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Aww, he's adorable! Looks kinda like my Sophie except he's black and white and has a mask, lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 pm

He's gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to get your pup! Now the real work begins...

Kingsley was skittish for a good week. I couldn't get him excited about anything, not food, not treats, not toys. He hated being outside. Just spend a LOT of time with him, give him lots of love and cuddles, and he'll turn into a cute little terror soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Cute!! He's super adorable. I love you Give him a few days to get adjusted, and enjoy how much he sleeps the first few days haha. It won't last! Congrats on your pup!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Thank you guys! He's started getting excited and playing with his toys. Smile. We just walked him and he did his duty outside. Smile. We're so proud.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 pm

My female adult husky pants all the time very heavy at times.
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 pm

SO adorable! Congrats on the new addition! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 pm

What a handsome little fellow! Love the splash coat! Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems there are not too many splash coats here on the forum... I assume this is because the patterning is pretty uncommon? Anyway, congrats on your new puppy!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you guys! Yeah, I haven't seen too many splash coats. :/ there should be more! Haha. Now comes the hard part, namin him on his registration. We've got Alki Marik and that's about as far as it goes. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!   Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the newest addition to our family! Alki!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next