It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy farts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 am

SO. Alki tends to get a little (and by a little I mean a lot) gassy when he sleeps. It legitimately smells like rotten poop. I've never had a pup that was so gassy! Could it be the food switch? He was being fed a different brand of food and we slowly switched him to BBW. Do any of your pups toot in their sleep?
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 am

Yes. It could easily be a food thing. Kibas fart smell to holy heck
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am

Lucian's farts will make you leave the room, lol. I know his are from the food, but he does well on it. The farts are the only downside. So I'll deal with them. He's not overly gassy though. If he farted like that ALL the time I'd change his food, lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:42 am

It could easily be from the food change, but it can also come from a wormy tummy. Has he been wormed appropriately?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 am

Haha, glad to know we're not the only ones! He has! The breeder said he had been wormed not too long before we got him.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 am

I'd suggest worming again, they need to be wormed every couple of weeks at this age- Get with your vet on a worming schedule should look like this: worming at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks of age, then again at 12 & 16 weeks of age, again at 6 months, then a year. Worm annually after that. If the breeder didn't follow that schedule it's easy that the puppy can still be wormy.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 am

I only wormed Kale twice, and he had a severe case of roundworms. 5 weeks when i got him, and 3 weeks after that. I personally checked 3 fecals after and he was clear. 6 wormings in 4 months seem excessive to me, but that's just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 am

Its actually a very common worming schedule, mainly to get the adults as well as the eggs they produced before they were wiped out- Fecals don't always show a worm infestation until it's at a higher infestation level. I know my dogs are cleared out and healthy-
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 am

Did a fecal at 4 months, 6 months, and 1 year. All clear. Just sharing my personal experience with my dog. I wasn't attacking your dogs and their health. I work in a vet hospital. I know about worm infestations. I'm the only one at work that looks at all fecals that come in, unless they come in on Mondays lol I'm off Smile
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 am

She wormed him at 6 weeks. He just turned 8 weeks and we're taking him for his shots tomorrow. We'll worm him then! What wormers do you guys recommend? It's been so long since I've dealt with puppies. Someone said something about trifexis? Something like that?
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am

Trifexis is definitely okay if that is what your vet is recommending. I used Intercepter before the FDA shut down Novartis. And then I used Panacur.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 am

Your vet will probably use whatever they keep in stock. My vet wormed with Drontal (I'm pretty sure), I did my own worming at 6 months with Fenbendazole. We do a lot of training in high dog traffic areas, they do on occasion catch and eat the occasional wild animal (gopher, mole, rabbit, bird, etc), so we have to sure to be up on our worming...though I do suggest an annual preventative worming for even less active, indoor pets.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 pm

This made me laugh!! Mishka is just plain nasty!
Back to top Go down
ksutton
Puppy
Puppy
ksutton

Male Join date : 2012-10-15

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm

I found BBW to cause that VERY badly for my little one. I switched him from Puppy Chow (breeder) to BBW Salmon -- and my office smelled like a truck-stop bathroom (where he sleeps during the day, while I work).

I switched him to Earthborn after reading some posts here and dogfoodadvisor.com. Gas disappeared in less than a day -- and has been clear ever since.

He LOVED the BBW food, but it apparently didn't agree with him. BTW, all of his fecals came back negative as well.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/kevinsutton
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

haha, Karma is just gassy no matter what food she's on..

She's silent but deadly!!!!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Haha, exactly! Silent but deadly. And truck stop bathroom, I feel you. It is...gagging. He likes to sleep in the corner of the living room and unfortunately, the couch is right next to it. We'll be watching tv and all of a sudden it starts smelling like a decaying animal. Haha. He sees the bet tomorrow, so he'll have his 8 week shots and wormer. If it doesn't stop after that, we'll probably try changing foods (gently of course).
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Haha this made me laugh.

Lexi has this habit of farting while stretching... And one of her favourites is putting her front legs on the ground and her back legs on the couch, and stretching + farting! So her bum is pointed at head level! Shocked

Luckily, we recently switched to a food which is very agreeable with her stomach, so she farts, but it doesn't smell!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Scott+Lexi wrote:
Haha this made me laugh.

Lexi has this habit of farting while stretching... And one of her favourites is putting her front legs on the ground and her back legs on the couch, and stretching + farting! So her bum is pointed at head level! Shocked

Luckily, we recently switched to a food which is very agreeable with her stomach, so she farts, but it doesn't smell!

Scott

Ha! This is exactly what Danzig does. We've noticed the boys are more gassy after their switch to TOTW. They seem to love it though.
Back to top Go down
theredofshaw
Puppy
Puppy

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 am

Every time we come back from the dog park, Ziva will be standing with her paws and hanging out the back window of my truck and hers are silent but deadly...she was on TOTW also but recently decided she didn't want to eat it anymore (conveniently after buying a new large bag of it) Puppy farts. 1625187496
Back to top Go down
montiquew
Newborn
Newborn
montiquew

Male Join date : 2013-01-17

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Ok, Im 6'4 260 and my college, linebacker, roommates have nothing on the Charlster. He just eats GL and Orijen. Its not very common but boy when he toots pale I always call him "Nasty Dog". Just foulness! He just looks at me like "whoever smelt it delt it." So chill about it... smh
Back to top Go down
LRomero
Newborn
Newborn
LRomero

Male Join date : 2012-08-31

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 pm

I've had no issues with BBW, my 13 month old pup farts, don't get me wrong, but she usually waits when I'm sitting down on the futon, then she'll pretend to get all cuddly with me and then point her rear in my direction then run off...

Suddenly I'm like WTF???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puppy farts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy farts.   Puppy farts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy farts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1