It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

First Vet Visit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

First Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: First Vet Visit   First Vet Visit EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the main discussion but it'll go here for now. I'm planning on scheduling Vegeta's first Vet Visit (he'll be 7 weeks on Sunday, is this too early??). I'm just curious as to what my first visit should entail. I don't want to end up paying something silly for unnecessary treatments, but I don't want to skip out on a needed test/vaccination.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

First Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Vet Visit   First Vet Visit EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm

My vet said about 8 weeks are when they can go in for their first visit.
I lost a puppy to parvo a few years ago, so I'm deathly afraid of it, therefore I took my pup in as earsly as 6 weeks.
I just wanted to make sure she was safe, so I got her checked. She's due for her seconf set of shots here soon.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

First Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Vet Visit   First Vet Visit EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Every vet is different. Where I work we start vaccinating puppies at 6 weeks. Starting vaccines at 7 weeks is perfectly okay. The first visit depends on if you opted for a puppy package or not. Only 1 vaccine is usually given first (distemper, parvo, hepatitis, parainfluenza or DHPP). She should have 4 dist/parvo boosters and a rabies at 4-6 months of age (depending on your region). If you are apart of a puppy plan, that usually includes fecal testing, worming medication, flea/heartworm medication, and full exams by the doctor. Those are all things that I would recommend to you regardless. Hope your visit goes smooth and she checks out great! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

First Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Vet Visit   First Vet Visit EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 pm

I agree with Brooke...the puppy plan is the best, and saves you $$$..
If you were to do all the extras separately they would prob cost a little more. It's always a good idea to have your pup's poop tested ever so often, just to be sure there is no parasites, or worms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Vet Visit   First Vet Visit Empty

Back to top Go down

First Vet Visit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1