It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Fever :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

Puppy Fever :( Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 am

I hate puppy fever!! I'm surrounded by people with new puppies and I've been so jealous lately. Its especially bad when my classmates bring their little 7 and 9 week old puppies to class for the day. I'm about to run out and get another one myself, but I know that'd be a bad idea at the moment.

I've been planning to get another husky puppy for myself as a graduation present next spring. I wish I didn't have to wait that long Mad I'm really starting to plan for getting the new one though, so that'll have to do for now.

I'm indecisive about a few things though. I kinda want to break into showing, but it would definitely be more of a hobby and I'm not looking to be going to shows all the time or anything. For those of you that show, how did you start out??

Ugh, I wish I didn't have to wait for another year Puppy Fever :( 1625187496
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 am

I haven't started yet, but look around for a United Kennel Club around you area. You can do starter classes there and they will show you the basics so you can learn in a less stress enviroment than a ring. Also, find a breeder you like, see if they show. If they do, and they have a soon to mate pair you like, pick their brains about it. Let them know what you want to do. UKC is fun group that is like people enjoying a hobby. The breeder I got steve from is pushing me to show him, I got him as a pet but he is such a looker that I might show him.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks Kevin! That was my first thought too, but there isn't anything like that around me. I found one guy who offered conformation classes, but he would never return my calls and then I moved. I haven't been able to find anything else close to me.

I do have a breeder in mind, and then a secondary breeder just in case my first choice isn't planning on having puppies next year. But, of course, they aren't really local either. We have talked a lot, and I'm thinking of seeing if we can meet up at a dog show in a few months, but I dunno. I'll have to find a Conformation for Dummies book or something lol

What is the difference with AKC and UKC? I haven't really looked into UKC at all, unless it was a dual-registered dog that was also with the AKC.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I feel you on the puppy fever.
I've had it for it at least 5 months and I still have another 4 months to wait. The anxiousness has worn off by now and I am more or less at peace with it at this point. I will be much better prepared financially 4 months from now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
I feel you on the puppy fever.
I've had it for it at least 5 months and I still have another 4 months to wait. The anxiousness has worn off by now and I am more or less at peace with it at this point. I will be much better prepared financially 4 months from now.

The anxiousness is only hiding below the surface. lol You won't be at peace once the pups are born.

I'm on a two year journey waiting for my pup.

Puppy Fever :( Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Fever :(   Puppy Fever :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Fever :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1