It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am

Hello, where to start?

I've never owned a Husky before, but have grown up with many dogs, mostly German shepherds.
I'm in NY and I'm a Dog Groomer. My main job description is to groom the larger dogs, and ones that require de-shedding - from Pugs and Terriers to Newfoundlands and Leonbergers - I groom them.
So I'm familiar with huskies, just never lived with one.

My fiance' grew up with a few dogs, but his bestest friend was a rescued Spitz/Chow mix named Missy.

Almost 2 years ago, my beloved GSD passed away at 12 years old from cancer, and this past November his parents had to put Missy down at the age of 15+.

Since our very first date, almost 11 years ago, my fiance' has been telling me that someday he dreams to have a female Husky and he even has a name picked out, Lol.

~~~~~~
So... last week a customer called and told us she had 2 husky puppies left from her litter, one of each sex, and they're almost 12 weeks old so she would sell them at a reduced price to someone we KNOW to be a GOOD home. ^_^

Also - my fiance's BDAY is Feb. 13th, and there's vday... Oh boy, how could I resist?

I actually did think it over and did a little research, for a day or two.
I contacted the breeder and told her I was interested. But - she had a couple people, co-workers of her sons and etc coming to see the puppies. This past week has been torture, would I get a puppy or not??

Yesterday she contacted me and said she still had the female left, and I was next in-line.
Yay! We arranged for me to get the puppy tomorrow! <3

I have the day off, and my fiance' will be at work, so my mother and I are going to set it all up to be a big surprise!

Oh, why can't tomorrow come sooner?!

We share the 3-bedroom house I grew up in with my mother, and my future in-laws are over pretty often, we do a lot of big combined dinners.

My mother has a small 60lb. female GSD Raven, that she adopted from a shelter at approx. 2 years of age March 2011. She's a little wacky and definitely has energy to burn lol. I take her on a lot of play-dates with my friends dogs. Having a constant play-mate would do her some good. ^_^

I have a happy happy lovey dovey male Bichon Frise - Remington Bear - I adopted at 5 years old, 4 years ago. He loves anything that moves, he must lick it, he even kisses Raven. He adored my GSD, they were truly brothers, and to this day if I'm tidying his memorial and move his collar, the tags jingle and Remington comes looking for him T_T.

They have both been temperament tested with puppies, I've puppy-sat quite a few at our home, and at one point my best friend's puppy was with us 4 afternoons / evenings out of the week. They have been very sweet, even to the obnoxious pups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully this isn't too boring, its actually turned into quite a lot for a little overview!

But Hello everyone!
I hope to hang out here often, learn as much as I can, and consult the experts with any questions I may run into. ^_^

Last edited by Mink on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new puppy! What a nice surprise for you're fiance!

Do you have pictures to share yet?

I'm sure you guy's will have lots of questions. This is a great place to learn all about Huskies Smile

Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

Welcome Smile You must post pictures!
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 am

No pics yet, I have seen a few pictures of the whole litter, but all I know is I'm getting one of the females.
There were only 2 females, I've seen an adorable picture of when they were 5 weeks old, and I saw them in the back of an SUV briefly when the breeder stopped by the shop to show them off on their way home from getting shots. I know one female is silver & white with a black nose, and the other female is red & white with a chocolate nose. My fiance' likes the silver or black huskies better, so fingers crossed for the silver girl. But I'm sure we'll be suckers for either one. ^_^

I was told the girl I'm getting is named Graycie, (its a G-name themed litter) so MAYBE it is the gray girl lol.

Last edited by Mink on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 am

Welcome! Sounds like it was meant to be! Where in NY are you?

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 am

Hudson Valley, smack in the middle between NYC and Albany, "Historic Hyde Park".

There are a lot of national parks and outdoor things to do with dogs, I was SO depressed this past summer because of all the things we used to do with my GSD. I'm very excited, I feel like my life is finally moving forward since losing him.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:06 am

GSD's are one of my favorite breeds! They are wonderful dog's, but Huskies are just as great! I'm sure you and you're fiance will be very happy with you're new little girl. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

Hyde Park is not too far! When we have our massive husky meet-up this summer in Albany, you should come! Smile

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures!
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Congratulations and good luck! Get plenty of rest tonight because for the next few months, it will definitely be a challenge to sleep through the night.

And take lots of pictures because we're all pic hungry :0
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Congrats look forward to seeing pictures..

good luck also..
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks everyone! ^_^
Don't worry, I have no problem taking pictures, I actually might have a problem with taking too many!

I have a Aunt who has "the family farm" on the outskirts of Albany, so making it to a Husky meetup there is completely possible!

Is it tomorrow yet? Still no? I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight lol.
I keep hoping the puppy will be awesome, and maybe a perfect angel, if its not too much to ask for! Razz I hope she likes us and our home with our other pets. I hope my fiance' falls madly in love with her, I'm sure he will.. but you never know lol. I'm completely prepared to be blamed if or when the puppy gets into trouble. ^_^ I mostly just hope everyone will get along smoothly, and work on some strict puppy-proofing from there.
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 am

Okay, almost 3 hours until I get to meet our puppy! ^_^

Hmm, twiddling thumbs...

Oh, how about a few pics of our other gang in the meantime?

My GSD, Baron Ruger, that passed away:
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Walkway10

Ruger with my Bichon Frise, Remington:
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Rugerremicuddle_zpsd70f62a6

Remington Bear:
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! PICT1636_zps97dbda13

And, My mom's GSD, Raven Beretta:
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Ravendolled2_zpsb9b3be34

Hope you enjoy! <3

Oh, by the way, nice storm we got coming, huh? We're looking like on the border of 8-16 inches and 16-23 inches of snow! So.. 8 to 23 inches.. should be interesting, hopefully -at least- the puppy has a blast with it!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

great looking dogs looking forward to seeing pictures of you Husky.. Hang in there it will happen soon.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm

you're dog's are beautiful! Any updates on the puppy?
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

okay. It's been more than 3 hours. Where are the pictures of the new pup?? Very Happy

Sorry for the loss of your GSD. He was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 pm

I like the names, all gun related.Smile
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

haha i love the names too!!!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Pictures!!! AHHH.
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

sorry, sorry ^_^ The breeder brought her to my job and I actually ended up having to work because my boss had to move dogs from friday and saturday into today due to the snow storm coming.

It was supposed to be our day off, then we decided we could groom the 4 puppies the breeder had and I'd just take mine home lol. But - the storm dilemma came up.

On the plus side - I'm now off for the next 3 days!!! Yay we can get a routine down and plenty of bonding time.

I got a few so-so and kinda blurry pictures lol, and I got some bonus ones of her littermates too!

So.. when I get to settle down finally, I'll park myself in front of my computer and be able to work on uploading pictures. <3

We just got home and the puppy was falling asleep on the car ride. We brought her into the yard and she peed, then brought her straight back into the den room with us and she has passed out next to her new daddy's computer chair. ^_^

We figured we'll let her take a nap before introducing her to the whole house and other animals.

She has been through a lot today - she was taken away from her parents, got a bath and dry, bows in her hair for a minute that she didn't like, running all through the shop with her brothers and sister, met about 7 new people, then her brothers and sister left without her which she was not happy about. Then she was put in a strange car and was fighting nodding off the whole ride.

She is the most mellow out of the bunch, and while her siblings crash into you, she gently puts 1 paw into your lap at a time. She gave kisses and would slowly scooch into your lap.

She is a odd muddy color, like a light red to beige with a tiny bit of gray and chocolate color by her eyes, with a liver nose. She is kinda solid, very fluffy, not sure how big she might get lol.

AND - we still have to name her! O_o
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Welcome! First off i LOVE your german sheperd... so beautiful, reminds me of mine i had in high school (but she has long since past away) and im sorry to hear you've lost yours too... they're such amazing dogs.

I can't wait to see some pictures of your new pup, there's no such thing as too many puppy pictures!
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 am

You Asked For It ^_^ Here she is! Cadance!

At work -

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance1_zpse6a0569a

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance3_zps34ac096c

Taking over the futon - ^_^

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance2_zpsa69dc16f

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance7_zps54ab0099

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance8_zps3542c533

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance9_zpsd0062ce9

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance6_zps492fa4bd

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance5_zps470ed3c4

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Cadance4_zpsbcdd48d9

She's interesting, what would you call her color / markings?
A little concerned - and my fiance' complained lol - her eyes seem a little small / squinty, is this normal for a husky puppy? Do her eyes need to grow up to her head or something? Or is it the fuzzy fur making them look small? She did keep blinking when my camera used the flash though, I'm not talking about then, just normally. She was really exhaisted and a little nervous, maybe this is why she's squinting?
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 am

She's adorable! I'd say she's a light red.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

It looks like she's "spying" my cat does this all the time and Bella started picking up on it. Eye contact can be a challenge in the dog world and definately in the cat world, to prevent that some dogs will look at you through slits so they can see you but aren't challenging you.
Back to top Go down
Nira Sky
Puppy
Puppy
Nira Sky

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 am

She's gorgeous. Congrats. When I got Nora at 8 weeks I don't recall her eyes being small or squinty though. I would have her looked at at the vet for peace of mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next