It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

She is gorgeous... She is a light red kind of the color or our Kerian (the light one of my two in the sig.

If you decide she is going to work our just deliver her to me. lol!

Kerian has smaller eyes than Blaze and she always looks like she is winking at you.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:30 am

OMG too cute!! I love her markings and such a beautiful coat! I agree with everyone, she does look light red to me, but her coat will change so much during her life she could end up something completely different! Such a pretty name too!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 am

Nunya had squinty eyes like that when we brought him home, he looked stoned for the whole first week lol

Maybe they'll go away, maybe not. Have you seen her parents? That might be a good indicator.
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 am

I've seen her mother, she's gorgeous and kinda thick / fluffy, she is black silver and white.
She's not too big, a little agile-looking. I don't know about her father, I know he is a dark red and white stud that is supposedly very solid.

I got some pictures of her litter-mates ^_^ the remaining 3 got groomed before they go to their new homes.

Here's Cadance's "Twin" brother:

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 BrotherDJ_zps7dd95c6b

Her Brother that looks most like mom:

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Brotherbandit_zpsb2ee516d

And her Sister, who is more sleek like mom:

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Sisterdarla_zps4cde07da

Some extra pics:

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 DJDarla_zps98bebf49

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Puppyattack2_zps76d0b628

And... Cadance with my mom ( her grandma Razz ) in the office:
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Cadanceandgma_zps56c56e22

And.. Cadance noticed my co-worker had a muffin lol!
Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Cadancecupcake_zps8c255b5f

Don't worry, she didn't get any. We are trying to set strict -no table / people food- rule.
My GSD had terrible food allergies for the latter half of his life.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 am

hahah omg they're SO fluffy Smile

She's the same color as my girl Zoey, light red.
Back to top Go down
Buddywoof
Newborn
Newborn
Buddywoof

Male Join date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 am

im choked with cuteness. She's a ball of cute fuzz. If she becomes too much of a handful know that there are many waiting hands here hahahaha.. Post more pics soon!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 am

They are all so FLUFFY!! She is adorable! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 am

Thanks everyone! ^_^

No way she's going anywhere, She is such a mush! I've handled my share of bull-headed GSDs before too, so that wouldn't be so bad. I am happy we got her and not her sister, her sister was very rowdy.

It was hilarious, Cadance and the one cat were circling around the coffee table, trying to give each other space but wanting to follow closely Lol. Between her and my Bichon was like an avoidance contest, they wanted to sniff each other but kept stepping back.

She really is a doll, the only thing she has done wrong is she picked up my mom's sock and tried to discretely trot off with it - but as soon as I yelled "hey!" she dropped it lol. She was just playing with a fleecy dog toy a moment before and my mom's sock was a soft one kinda like fleece.. i can understand the association.

My friend's puppy I recently sat for will pick up anything.. even dust bunnies or a loose piece of Carefresh litter, and my boss's Golden will grab leaves or flowers off the plants and even any loose dog hair he can find at the grooming shop. You always have to be on your toes, but so far, Cadance hasn't shown much interest in picking up things for no reason. <3
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 am

All of them are just so adorable! I can't believe how beautiful their coats are with all that fluffiness! Smile

Her sister is very beautiful too and I would so name the black/white pup Frank Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

Female Join date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am

Mink,

First off, congratulations on your new baby!!! She is absolutely adorable!!!

2nd - How was the surprise?! How did he react?! Does he love her as much as your hoped?!

and 3rd - LOVE all your animal names!!! My oldest dog that I had before I met my husband is Falon (GSD/husky mix), and we have one cat named Kat for silly reasons... lol, BUT, we also have a Beretta, a Mossberg, used to have a Remington, (all cats), and now our new husky puppy is Kimber.

Also, I see you mention the storm hitting you bad. What area are you in? I am in Maine. We're getting hit pretty hard too!

Good Luck with your new pup!!! She is precious!!! Love her!
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am

hi ^_^ The storm is starting now... we're north of NYC / south of Albany. They keep saying CT is going to get slammed, and we're not far from it!

Well, we picked him up from work with my mom's van (Our car is in the shop getting an engine transplant T_T) - we took the last bench out and loaded up a crate and put Cadance in it when we (my mom and I) went to get him. He always opens the side-door and hops into the middle row of seats. He did this, and as we were pulling out of the parking lot he heard the metal crate creak/jangle. He looked back and said "Is that what I think it is?"
My mom said "yeah - happy birthday!"

I then got distracted by text messages about the engine transplant but my mom said she swore he was choking up Lol.

He asked if he could take her out of the crate when we stopped at the bank and we said yes! He put her on the seat next to him, and she was all wags and kisses then was leaning on him and putting her head in his lap, falling asleep and he just kept staring at her in awe lol. ^_^

We took like 3 hours batting names around, he got a migraine. He said no to candice, then I thought of Cadance (kay-dance). He knows that's a name from a tv show I like, he likes the show secretly lol. He said he was tired and we could go ahead and name her that then. Razz We've been calling her Cadance a lot, he really is getting into it and liking the name but doesn't want to admit it. Razz

The breeder said they had taken to calling her Princess Grace, because she's so sweet and prim / proper. So the name of a princess fits her, and we can call her Princess Cadance or Cadenza or go full out with the whole title of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Lol. Cadenza might be her "in trouble" name Lol. just like Remington is Remi, but Rem-ing-ton! or Remington-Bear! when he's in trouble. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

That's so sweet Smile You should have video recorded it!!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

Ok, I need pics!!!!! Hope you are not effected too bad by the pending snow.....
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:39 am

Nevermind~how did I skip the pics??? hee hee...she is a fluffy-nutter. And huge!!! Wow, what a big puppy! Love the red with the blue eyes....congrats!
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

sweet, puppy pics!! ;D

She's beautiful, i love the light reds... and my word she's a big girl. i like the picture of her brother sitting on the grooming stand, he has this look on his face that reminds me of the soprano's. xD

such beautiful and fluffy buskies, i hope you start a scrapbook for her so we can watch her grow up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks!

Sure ^_^ I'll go look into that now, especially since I have a few new pics.

Update - new pics in her new Scrapbook! , any further pics will be posted there!

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t8310-princess-cadenza-s-corner-scrapbook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!   Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a Husky puppy tomorrow! ^_^ [Update] - Got her! *Pics* + Created Scrapbook!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2