It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy changing colors rapidly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

Puppy changing colors rapidly Empty
PostSubject: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

When we got Nanook he was black and white, maybe a hint of grey here and there but everyday the pup loses more and more black color. He is beautiful with the red and brown but I was just wondering if such a rapid change is normal? Even the redish brown is starting to go white.We lost our computer and I do not have any pictures of when we first brought him home until my husband can get them off the old computer.

Puppy changing colors rapidly Sam_6823

Puppy changing colors rapidly Sam_6826

Puppy changing colors rapidly Sam_6827

]

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Yes this is completely natural. Lycus only had a small gray/black dot on his tail and now he has gray all down his back and on his ears/face. Huskies go brought the biggest coat transformation that I've seen.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Yep it's completely normal. Smile
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

My girl was black and white when I brought her home and now her sides are turning gray more and more each day! I think everyday I say "omg she has more gray today!" Their still super cute no matter what colors they are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 pm

It's definitely normal. Throughout their life span you'll see many coat changes on your baby. Darwin my husky is black and white, and when we first got him his black was solid. He had a mask around his eyes that was solid black as well and as he's gotten older his mask has grayed out as well as most of his black coat on his back. The only solid black he still has is the top of his head and ears. He's also gotten some red on the back of his legs over the years.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks, it is good to know it is normal. I know it was a silly thing to worry about, I have just never seen a dog change like this before.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

Hahaha, we're going through this now! I knew husky coats changed colors as they grew, but when it started happening with Alki, it freaked me out! When we got him, he was black and white...no grey at all. Then he got a grey splotch on the back right of his neck. It's now grows and spread that side all the way to his shoulder. His haunches have turned grey and so has his tail. It's so funny. I have a love for grey sibes, so I don't mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:57 am

They really do change a lot! My b&w River completely lost her awesome mask as she grew up. Sad I can never get over the change the greys go through, though. Here's my Timber at 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 16.5 weeks...and a recent one. Smile It was awesome to see how she "greyed" as she grew up!

Puppy changing colors rapidly IMG_3323
Puppy changing colors rapidly IMG_3519
Puppy changing colors rapidly IMG_4492
Puppy changing colors rapidly IMG_4116
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 am

Wow, despite all my research before getting Meeka, I had not idea about the coat changing colors.

Then again Meeka doesn't have the smooth coat like yours, im starting to wonder if my Meeka will be a "Wooly".

Hmm...if only I can learn how to upload pictures.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 am

Another Wow...my Meeka looks identical to 5woofs husky when she was a pup. Just replace the lovely blue eyes with brown ones and thats my pup.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 am

Puppy changing colors rapidly Meeka11

Puppy changing colors rapidly Meeka210

Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

What a cutie! <3
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 am

Wow, what a big change LOL...I am so curious to see what Nanooks adult colors will be
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Swoofs...looking at your pictures is like looking at my Q! His coloring was almost the same with the exception of the mask. He looks totally different now! You have a beautiful dog!
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:51 pm

If you take a look at Lucian's scrap book:
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6701-lucian-s-scrap-book-updated-2-23-2013

You can see his transition from 8 weeks old to 7 months. He lost the "bags" under his eyes, his coat lighted a lot along his sides. He's kept the black along his back, but some white is mixing in with it now. He's growing in guard hairs, just along his back. It's kind of funny actually, cause the ones on his butt just about stick straight up, lol.
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks! I love looking at everyone's pictures here because they're all so beautiful Smile

They'll change as they get older too, and vary each year sometimes. River is now just over 4 years old and sometimes I feel like I see a bit of mask coming back... but then it disappears again, haha. Here she was as a puppy, you can see in my sig pic how her face is now... still sweet, but maskless!

Puppy changing colors rapidly Rivermask
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Wow, River doesn't even look like the same dog! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy changing colors rapidly   Puppy changing colors rapidly Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy changing colors rapidly

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1