It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

i received mine yesterday and i've only used it for a short 3 minute walk to see how Zoë did on it and she seemed to like it really well. one thing i noticed with this harness is Zoë doesn't pull no where as hard as she does with the generic harness i have for her when i let her outside to do her business. she also walks better with this harness than she does with the easy walk.

with that said and even with my limited use so far i agree with every thing in this review.
this harness is going to be my go to harness now for biking and walking. when i first ordered it i only planned to using it when i biked with Zoë but not anymore, it's going to be used for everything except for when i let her out to do her business.

i will be ordering a second one when Maya grows up
Back to top Go down
rachm408
Newborn
Newborn
rachm408

Female Join date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 pm

The video is incredible! I really really want to get into biking with my two girls. I've tried it with Ilya before while just holding her leash and biking.....not easy for me. What do you have on the back of your bike that they're hooked up to?
Also, when you first started did they automatically take to it or did it require some training?

Both dogs are gorgeous, by the way!
Back to top Go down
rachm408
Newborn
Newborn
rachm408

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Also, I didn't see if you posted the price of the harness so I looked it up and was surprised with how reasonable it was!
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi Rachel!

Thanks for the kind words. The price is buried in the conclusion, but I agree--it's very reasonable. It's not much more expensive than some quality harnesses, yet it's completely customized to your dog.

I'm using two WalkyDog leashes to bike them. They are very secure, but every time I clip them on I give a few extra tugs just to make sure they'll stay in place.

They both took right to running beside the bike--no training required. It's a cool little setup.

Back to top Go down
rachm408
Newborn
Newborn
rachm408

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Awesome! I just looked them up! I definitely think I'm going to make it this summers goal to start biking with them. I know they'd love it!
Back to top Go down
LRomero
Newborn
Newborn
LRomero

Male Join date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Adjustable?   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 am

Hey Matt,

Thank you for the very informative and great review!

I am currently in the process of ordering a harness for Hannah, and was wondering if you ended up ordering the regular custom harness or the adjustable (which was 10 dollars more on the site).

I tried the best I could with measuring her but I'm still skeptical with my limited tailoring skills.

Was there any fit issues as far as lengths that need to be exact? Did you give any extra to compensate for the padding?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, and beautiful dogs by the way!
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:28 am

LRomero wrote:
Hey Matt,

I am currently in the process of ordering a harness for Hannah, and was wondering if you ended up ordering the regular custom harness or the adjustable (which was 10 dollars more on the site).

I tried the best I could with measuring her but I'm still skeptical with my limited tailoring skills.

Was there any fit issues as far as lengths that need to be exact?  Did you give any extra to compensate for the padding?

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the compliments!

I ordered the regular custom harness.  I measured three times to be sure I had correct numbers, but I didn't have to compensate for anything.  Luckily both of my dogs ended up about the same size.  Tia is a bit smaller than Loki, but the points of measurement were the same.  

I had the same concerns, but they do a lot of harnesses for huskies.  If they saw a strange number from you then I'm sure they would contact you to confirm it.  You can always call them and I'm sure they'd be happy to help walk you through any questions.

Worst case scenario is that the harness doesn't fit just right, and in that case they will adjust it for you.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:42 am

Papabear wrote:

LRomero wrote:
Hey Matt,

Was there any fit issues as far as lengths that need to be exact?  Did you give any extra to compensate for the padding?

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the compliments!

I ordered the regular custom harness.  I measured three times to be sure I had correct numbers, but I didn't have to compensate for anything.  Luckily both of my dogs ended up about the same size.  Tia is a bit smaller than Loki, but the points of measurement were the same.  

I had the same concerns, but they do a lot of harnesses for huskies.  If they saw a strange number from you then I'm sure they would contact you to confirm it.  You can always call them and I'm sure they'd be happy to help walk you through any questions.

Worst case scenario is that the harness doesn't fit just right, and in that case they will adjust it for you.

I would just trust your measuring skills. I bought the adjustable ones, because I had that same concern and it was a big mistake! Mine just doesn't get tight enough around Siku, and as a result he can back out of it, if he hits it right!
Back to top Go down
Lynn.Karpati
Puppy
Puppy
Lynn.Karpati

Female Join date : 2013-06-25

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 pm

How do you get your walky dogs to stay in place? mine always takes off forward once Pongo starts running Rolling Eyes I have to push it back with my leg while on the bike!

Great review of the harness! We were thinking about getting something better than the ezydog chestplate harness as Pongo always has it tugging to the sides and whatnot. Definitely will consider this one!
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Lynn.Karpati wrote:
How do you get your walky dogs to stay in place? mine always takes off forward once Pongo starts running Rolling Eyes I have to push it back with my leg while on the bike!

Great review of the harness! We were thinking about getting something better than the ezydog chestplate harness as Pongo always has it tugging to the sides and whatnot. Definitely will consider this one!

Hi Lynn!

You really have to crank down on the allen bolts that connect the WalkyDog to the seat post. I had the same issue but gave them a few more turns and they stayed put. The next thing you might have to do is tighten the seat post a little more. Laughing 

I haven't touched my EzyDog Chestplate harnesses since buying these. They have been used for literally everything.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey Matt,

Thanks, and beautiful dogs by the way![/quote]

I got the adjustable trail harness because couldn't get Loki to stand still for I could measure him. Loki took to it right away and gets excited everytime I put it on him.
Loki's  first attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yag1ZHklf5g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
CaliaKisses
Puppy
Puppy
CaliaKisses

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 am

Hi, wanted to see how everybody has liked these harnesses after extended use and with pulling.

I actually ordered these harnesses for all of my pups and actually did not like the very much. The pups are walked canicross style with full on pulling, and all 3 of them wound up gagging. The neck area is not made the same way as sled harnesses and can put all of the pressure on a small point of the esophagus instead of spread on the shoulders or breast plate. I was so excited to get these but ended up being very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)   REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

REVIEW: Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness (Custom)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2