It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage Empty
PostSubject: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am

So yesterday my in-laws left and took their yorkie-poo with them. Kevin on a whim decide he wanted to rearrange the living room before I got home. Loki slept for most of the day. We took him for his evening walk and left to go to the store and grab some dinner. We were gone for no more then a hour and half. We come back and he has chewed my video camera (it still works but doesn't look pretty), my regular camera bag ripped to shred and he punctured a small hand sanitizer bottle so that it leaked all over the carpet. Luckily there wasn't much left in there so I don't have to worry about poisioning. The camera bag was my fault I left it on the coffe table but my video camera was on the dinner table and my dinner table is high and the hand sanitizer was in my work bag hanging up on the coat rack (how he got it, I still haven't figured out) . So I'm wondering if it is A. the stress of Rocky leaving B. The change in his environment (sofa and kennel not being where they normally are) or C. He has hit his teenage years? He is 8 months. He has tons of toys and chews to occupy himself and only has been destructive once when we weren't playing attention to him because we were prepping for a party. Any thoughts?

Last edited by eander83 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:01 am

Did you walk him before you left? Even a short one is better then nothing...we crated till jack was past 2yrs we got him at 1 and they could not be left.
They do find a way to get what they want even if we think its out of reach... sorry for the mess u came home to, at least the camera works!

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 am

Yes we took him on his evening walk so he could do his business Smile and whine at the geese and played fetch in the house when I got home so I know he was good and tired. I'm just wondering what could be the trigger he was been wonderful and only had one destructive episode before and that was kinda our fault but this time I'm at a loss.
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:11 am

C.

I would not dare leave my youngest alone at the house for more than 30 minutes outside of his crate.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Yep, I'd def say C too!
I made the mistake of leaving Karma alone in the house for an hour and boy that was a BIG mistake. It was Christmas tme, and she had gotten a hold of a few ornaments...luckily they were plastic not glass, my hairbrush which I cannot figure out how she got that, paper torn up plates, and toilet paper EVERYWHERE! We made sure we closed all the doors to the other rooms and bathrooms, but she still managed to get in. All I can say was thank GOD she didn't get into any of the christmas presents!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Sounds like C. Teenage years or months are here for you.

We still crate Blaze and Kerian when we are going to be gone for more than 30 minutes.. The biggest problem we have if we don't is they find socks and gloves to chew on even if I pick them up they still seem to find one somewhere.

Add they are both going to be 3 years this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage   Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand sanitizer, Video Camera other damage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1